New York New York!

edgarblythe

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 04:55 am
@Setanta,
Ther 'smokescreen' remark was actually mine.
Setanta

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 04:57 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, i got that part. I just wondered how it was that you allegedly have me in your corner. I'd surmise that Finn was not getting a satisfactory response out of me, to he just took one of his usual cheap shots in the hope of whipping up an argument. It seems that's all he ever does here.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 04:59 am
He continues to imply that people who accept civil rights for gays will push for acceptance of any act he finds repulsive. I find that sort of thinking repulsive.
Setanta

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 05:00 am
It's basically a slippery slope argument, and he ignores the issue of informed, adult consent.
0 Replies

Fido

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 05:19 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You're hilarious. I have never mentioned a smokescreen. I guess you thought you'd just take a random cheap shot and see if you couldn't suck someone else into your stupidity. Well, you do suck, that's for sure.
Give it a rest yard bird... Can you deal with anyone without insult in place of reason???
Setanta

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 05:45 am
@Fido,
Produce something reasonable, name-caller, and we'll try it out.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 05:53 am
By the way, are you sufficiently self-aware to understand that calling me names while complaining about insults makes you a glaring hypocrite? What's up with this yardbird ****? I've never been in prison. Is this what passes for clever at your house? So many questions . . . oh well, i'd probably be better not to feed the troll.
wayne

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 06:21 am
@Setanta,
Around here, where I live, chickens are often called yard birds.
I think he may have been implying that you were strutting around the yard.
But maybe you knew that. I've never heard the prison reference, that I recall, is that common?
Fido

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:25 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

By the way, are you sufficiently self-aware to understand that calling me names while complaining about insults makes you a glaring hypocrite? What's up with this yardbird ****? I've never been in prison. Is this what passes for clever at your house? So many questions . . . oh well, i'd probably be better not to feed the troll.
I thank you for your insults and understand you have nothing meaningful to say, or are just chicken soup for the rubber soul... What ever... I know you like to appear smart, but you only appear hostile... But we both know the real problem; don't we???...

Either you are in a wheel chair, or you just feel the need to run away from every passing cloud... Cock a doodle do to you, and have a nice day... It's mandatory...
0 Replies

Fido

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:26 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:

Around here, where I live, chickens are often called yard birds.
I think he may have been implying that you were strutting around the yard.
But maybe you knew that. I've never heard the prison reference, that I recall, is that common?
Ya; Sets a chicken... He likes to fly in your face, and rip with his spurs, but if you give him room he will run for it... He knows a lot; but he blows more than he knows...
ehBeth

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:41 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:
I've never heard the prison reference, that I recall, is that common?

definitely is in the area of eastern North America I grew up in.
Fido

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 01:02 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

wayne wrote:
I've never heard the prison reference, that I recall, is that common?

definitely is in the area of eastern North America I grew up in.
Jail bird is the word he is looking for... What Kind of bird can't fly??? A jail bird... I answered Rails, often , Penguins... A few years back a parrot found its way into San Quinton... The bird would say: I can talk; Can you Fly??? Must have been a guard's idea of a joke...
MontereyJack

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 01:16 pm
Quote:
yard·bird   /ˈyɑrdˌbɜrd/ Show Spelled
[yahrd-burd] Show IPA

–noun Slang .
1. a convict or prisoner.
2. an army recruit.
3. a soldier confined to camp and assigned to cleaning the grounds or other menial tasks as punishment for violation of the rules.
m dictionary.com

I'd heard 3 and 2 mostly, I think from my dad who was a WWII vet. I'd heard 1. more recently but less frequently--consider also one of the early British supergroups, the Yardbirds (Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page). They probably weren't thinking of chickens when they named themselves. Never heard it to refer to chickens, but am willing to believe it can also.
Thomas

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 01:18 pm
@Fido,
Just a friendly warning, Fido: ehBeth, like myself, is of 100% German descent. Didn't you once tell me that you despise Germans, and that you wish we didn't address you in public forums? I just thought you might want to know. You're welcome.
MontereyJack

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 01:22 pm
Actually, Thomas, you and Fido are both of 100% African descent. Everybody is. It's just a little bit farther back.
Thomas

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 01:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
It's always uplifting to be reminded of our common bond as great African apes. Thank you Jack!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 01:35 pm
Always a pleasure, Thomas. By the way, I see that band of chimps that lives over by the river is trying to poach on our territory again. We'd better go over and hoot and holler and shake sticks at them. You up for a little fun?
Thomas

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 01:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
Anytime!
Fido

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 02:17 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Just a friendly warning, Fido: ehBeth, like myself, is of 100% German descent. Didn't you once tell me that you despise Germans, and that you wish we didn't address you in public forums? I just thought you might want to know. You're welcome.
I doubt it... I am three quarters German, and have a lot of respect for them as a people... Yet; they are amazing, and some times stupid... Being part Irish as well, I take to heart the words of a used farm equipment sales person who happened to be Irish... If it isn't worth a damn, and you can't make it run; sell it to a German... That works because the Germans are too hard headed and do not easily give up, and also, they conceive of themselves as good mechanics, which I am myself... The fact is, that a lot of times, Germans can make it run... They have a machine mentality... The Irish have too much heart, and the Germans, too much head... I find the mix healthy, and balanced...

Who are the Germans any way??? Prussians, Austrians, Anglo Saxons??? The Deutch got their names from the Romans; meaning what??? Commons, because they were highly communistic???... What destroyed so many of their nations was their individuality, but that has been in recent days so little in evidence... That is what a thousand years of Western Law does to a people... Overman, underman; all the Garbage from Nietzsche proves only the power of Feudalism and Law to reduce a world conquering people to slavery on their own land...They still produce fine minds... There is simply more sense in them...
0 Replies

Fido

Fri 1 Jul, 2011 02:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Actually, Thomas, you and Fido are both of 100% African descent. Everybody is. It's just a little bit farther back.
True to my ape heritage, and just like Wagner, I climb trees to show off my virility... Too bad I can never get a girl to watch me unless I am falling...
0 Replies