The Fantasy Fantasy A2K NFL Pick-Um Thread for 2011-2012

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 04:42 pm
@ossobuco,
(I think it's a prickly little porcupine Very Happy )
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 05:47 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
What's the name of the "expert"?

I didn't catch his name but it was not Kevin Cable or Neil Reynolds. It was the other one. He was white. And not as wide in the shoulders as most of them are.

Are wide shoulders sexy Tico?
CowDoc

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 05:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Hey, Osso! Happy birthday from me and the Miz! By the way, we're going to be in Santa Fe next May. It would be great if we could get together with some of the gang.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 06:07 pm
All right, We have made it through the day games. We got burnt - except for Jespah - by the Saints losing. Many of us were on the wrong side of Minn @ Car and NE @ Pitt.
Right now, AndyClubber is 10-1. Several others are 9-2. There are too many potential outcomes for me to list until tomorrow.

Andy, as most of you know, has always been a Steelers fan, just as avidly as some of you are Patriot's fans. He went so far as to fall in love with a girl from Pittsburgh, whose dad has tickets to the Steelers' games.
This evening, and I am not making this up, Andy and one of his band mates will be doing an acoustic set at a Bar Mitzvah event at a ritzy place east of town.
(He is actually friends with the family hosting this but it makes for an amusing story if you have ever seen Andy with his dyed hair and tatoos).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 06:11 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Quote:
What's the name of the "expert"?

I didn't catch his name but it was not Kevin Cable or Neil Reynolds. It was the other one. He was white. And not as wide in the shoulders as most of them are.

Oh, the other one. ... no, I have no idea to whom you're referring.

Quote:
Are wide shoulders sexy Tico?

I'm an ass man, myself.
spendius

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 06:15 pm
@Ticomaya,
What's it like?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 07:56 pm
The Eagles poop all over the Cowboys: 24-0 at the end of the 1st half.
Ragman

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 08:24 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm clueless now about what some of today's games results say about the strength and long range success of various teams. I reserve my opinion about what I can conclude from Pats-Steelers game results today. While the Steelers are an excellent team..more balanced than the Pats and they deserve the top spot of their division. They clawed their way to the top at 6-2 after that first horrible game. Pats hold I feel is weakening as their Defense is porous. And in playoffs it's the defense that gets you to the Promised Land.

What is the identity of the Ravens team now after those 2 horrible games? Where else can they go but UP? They lost to an inferior team which fought hard for their first win.

With Carolina, gotta love the performance of Cam Newton getting them caught up and down to the last 30 seconds; however, he suffered a frustrating loss today (missed chip shot FG in the last 25 secs). Not sure if they can make it to the playoffs. Vikes rookie QB has got something to be proud of.

Cowboys....waving bubye to playoffs and respectability.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 04:19 am
I keep falling for the hype and expecting the Cowboys to win at least some of their games. They are tied for last place, this deep in the season.
Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 05:22 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

What is the identity of the Ravens team now after those 2 horrible games? Where else can they go but UP? They lost to an inferior team which fought hard for their first win.

Oopas...just noticed my error. i meant that to see NO Saints against the Rams (not Ravens).
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 05:35 am
Cowboys beat Rams 34-7 (7), Saints beat Colts 62-7 (7), Rams beat Saints 31-21 (8), Eagles beat Cowboys 34-7 (8), Bills beat Eagles (6), Redskins beat Rams (4), Cowboys beat Redskins (3), Cowboys beat 49ers (2), 49ers beat Lions (6), Lions thrash Broncos (8), Bills batter Redskins (8).

Good gracious.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 12:10 pm
@CowDoc,
Just saw this - let's plan on that, CDocs..
I'm seeing Diane whom you know tomorrow or Thursday - we'll talk.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 12:31 pm
Going into tonight's game we have three players at 10-2. Johnboy has the Chiefs. CoastalRat and AndyClubber are each picking the Chargers by a final score of 30-17. If San Diego wins we will end up going to who is lower in the standings as the tiebreaker. I can't find my scoreboard right now so I don't know who that would favor.
Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 12:54 pm
@realjohnboy,
Andy is (18th at 59.2%) is lower than CoastalRat (16th at 61.2%).
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 01:53 pm
Week #9 Schedule (Nov 6th and 7th):
Early-
Miami @ Kansas City
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
San Francisco @ Washington
NY Jets @ Buffalo
Cleveland @ Houston
Atlanta @ Indianapolis
Seattle @ Dallas
Late-
Cincinnati @ Tennessee
Denver @ Oakland
NY Giants @ New England Patriots
Green Bay @ San Diego
St Louis @ Arizona
Sunday night-
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
Monday night-
Chicago @ Philadelphia (+ score)
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 02:05 pm
Week #9:

Kansas City
New Orleans
San Francisco
Buffalo
Houston
Atlanta
Dallas
Tennessee
Denver
New England Patriots
Green Bay
Arizona
Pittsburgh (gotta be a good game)
Philadelphia, 24-21
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 02:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nice sig, edgarb.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 02:20 pm
@ossobuco,
THanks. I pasted it myself.
spendius

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 04:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's a version of Shakespeare's primary study of seeming and being. A highly relevant matter to an actor/dramatist.

Flaubert admired the Bard greatly.

Have you ever thought about that verse in Stuck Inside of Mobile about Shakespeare ed? An alley is a "way". A route.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 04:21 pm
@spendius,
The Shakespeare in Stuck inside of Mobile is put in a scene of semi debauchery by our poet, adding to the broadly painted scenario of everything being out of kilter. Alleys are also spots for illegality and immorality to take place.