Mitt Romney got very rich as a Corporate Raider and Job Killer

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 11:42 am
Mitt Romney is not only a flip-flopper and liar, he got very rich as a corporate raider and job killer. As usual, he is trying to buy the presidency with his wealth.

A front page story in the New York Times on Sunday, June 3rd questioned some of Romney’s claims about his supposedly stellar business career. The Times interviewed numerous people for the story and discovered that as a venture capitalist most of the risk in the investing was not placed on Romney but rather on the other partners in the firm.

Two transactions made by the firm are reported in the article, one with Dade Behring in 1999 and another with KB Toys in 2001. In both cases, Bain Capital’s involvement forced the companies to file for bankruptcy and layoff thousands of workers. Romney was a heavy investor in Bain Capital at the time and remains one to this day.

Romney’s cold-blooded business tactics are documented in an in-depth series on Romney and his life in the Boston Globe. A story investigating Romney's successful business career examined several transactions made by Romney's company, Bain Capital. One of these transactions involved a company called Ampad, which Bain Capital purchased in 1992. After several years of tremendous profits for Romney and his fellow investors, and hardship for the company’s workers, Bain shut down several plants, leaving hundreds of workers without jobs. In the end Bain Capital’s involvement with Ampad forced the company to file for bankruptcy and left over 500 people without jobs.

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 11:54 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
How about a link to the source?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:16 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,

BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

As usual, he is trying to buy the presidency with his wealth.

Is that any worse than actually having SOROS buy the presidency for you?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:18 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Boston Globe is one source.

BBB
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:20 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Isn't it customary to post a link with an article?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:21 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I normally do, but this went back to an old archive so I don't have a link for you.

What are you worried about?

BBB
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:25 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I found the story you didn't post a link to. Here is the link to the story you copied. You're not that smart. You're nothing more than a union parrot.

http://www.massaflcio.org/mitt_watch
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:31 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I had not seen your link. Thanks for it as it is more comprehensive.

Interesting that you have no comments about Romney's histery but can only call me a union parrot. How smart does that make you?

BBB

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:33 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Why didn't you post the link with the story? Do you attend the same school of plagurism that Joe Biden attended?

You are a union parrot. You just proved it.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:51 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
OK, I'm ending commenting on your attacks. If you knew anything about me, you would know that I don't play with trolls.

BBB
JTT

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:02 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Do you attend the same school of plagurism [sic]

Did you ever go to school?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:13 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
So you think you can attack Romney with an attack from a union site without providing a link to hide your source?

0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:14 pm
@JTT,
Nope. I was born smart and took off from there.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:16 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Troll begone!
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:17 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
We'll take that as a surrender.
JTT

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:27 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
I was born smart and took off from there.

You illustrate in post after post that this is another of your lies.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 11:35 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Isent it odd that when people get tired of your stupid bull shyt posts and refuse to converse with you any more you consider it a win. This is just a factual post and is my opinion. I dont want to converse with an idiot either!!!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 12:00 pm
I took your test and surprise!!!!!! I seem to be a lubral of the far left. But the questions arnt phrased to determine real info but just to label you left or right. No gray but just black or white.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 03:11 pm
@RABEL222,
Well, now that the troll has diverted this post away from how Mitt Romney got his wealth, is anyone interested in discussing Romney's history?

BBB
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 06:34 pm

This thread proves once again that Obama is easily beatable.
0 Replies