Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 01:04 pm
Hi forum. I have recently started up back at the gym. Its been one week now since i started back. I have to get fit again as i have been off due to injury. But every time i run on the treadmill i get pains in my hips. Should i start taking glucosamine tablets to help oil my joints so to speak? or will it go away in time?

roger

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 01:28 pm
@Serenacutie7,
I don't know, either. If you have the right problem, the stuff is a wonder drug. Otherwise, I believe it to be harmless, unless money is an issue.

In the case of someone who is just out of condition, I doubt it would help at all. I also don't think it would be helpful in recovering from injury. If you do try it, you will need to take it for six or eight weeks before it takes effect - if it does.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 01:56 pm
@Serenacutie7,
Many of us have suffered the same sort of pains (hips, and knees) after a recent return to exercise. I stopped using glucosamine and chondroitin because for me they didn't do anything to help me except causing my wallet to have weight loss.

Frankly, I found that just keeping at doing regular exercise and doing yoga stretches far more useful in the long run. Dance and tai-chi helped, too.
Serenacutie7

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 09:53 am
@Ragman,
thank you for the advice. I was sort of thinking the same thing too. xxxxx
0 Replies

johnkerry159

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 06:28 am
@Serenacutie7,
There is no need to get panic, it hapens every time when ever you overcomes from any kind of insury. Thre is no need to take any kind of supplements.
Are you using Motarized Treadmill or Mannual Treadmill.
Ragman

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 06:31 am
@johnkerry159,
This an old inactive thread. Perhaps in the future you might want to check timestamps. This one is a 4-yr-old thread. You won't get a reply from the person that posted as he's been off the forum for 4 yrs.
johnkerry159

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 06:35 am
@Ragman,
Hi Ragman,

Thank's for your prompt response. I was unable to see the day.
Thank's for your information.
Ragman

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 06:52 am
@johnkerry159,
It is posted in every single entry...on the upper right corner.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 08:13 am
@Serenacutie7,
Humans, like every other primate, are not built to run. Is causes no end of injuries and maladies.
Ragman

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 10:32 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
That is misguided malarkey. Why would you think to write such nonsense?
Many people have run as an exercise for decades with little in the way of health or other skeletal problems. Also, FYI, many primates run a lot of the time...some also swing through trees..but I digress

Mankind probably wasn't ideally designed to run repeated ultra-marathons and marathons. I would give you that point. Eventually that sort of running can cause health issues..mainly in some joint breakdowns. However, running reasonable distances can be and IS very successful without causing undue stress and disability. Your way out of your depth here.

Once again, apparently you haven't looked at the date stamp nor read the previous posts. The person to whom your addressing, the OP, has been off the site for 4 years so you're not going to get a reply from her.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 12:46 pm
Never run with a pot on your head, however.
Ragman

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 01:39 pm
@George,
It's not a pot, it's a strainer! I needed something to protect my keep me from gamma rays.

Also when I do run with it on my head, I have zero strain.
George

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 02:07 pm
@Ragman,
Zero strain?
It can't be much of a strainer, then!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 02:59 pm
@George,
So, like, how many miles do you guys do in the kitchen?
George

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 04:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Speaking for myself, I track my kitchen workouts in pounds, not miles.
And I ain't providing numbers.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 04:21 pm
@George,
I know, my kitchen only lets me keep doing footsie stuff, which I never remember to do.

As you know, I love that you still run.
George

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 08:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you, but these days "run" is an overstatement.
I jog and am happy to still be able to do it.
0 Replies

BruceGarcia

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 05:32 am
Don't be panic and do regular exercise and consult with your doctor to take some kind of quality medications which will help you to get rid of this problem.
George

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2015 07:17 am
@BruceGarcia,
BruceGarcia wrote:
Don't be panic.
Indeed.
0 Replies

continentalhospitals

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2015 03:26 am
@Serenacutie7,
No it is a drug it may have side effects better to consult a doctor.
0 Replies