DEEPLY CONCERNED

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 05:06 pm
@DEEPLYCONCERNED,
Forgive me, but I didn't read everyone else's replies.

From what you said you have two options.

1) Leave him, before you have children (if you don't already) and have to be in contact with him for the rest of your life

2) Stay with him and insist he takes his medication for his bipolar disorder. Remind him that though you understand his condition, it is not an excuse for his behave though it may been some of the explantion. Depending on the severity of his disorder as well. Keep in mind many people with the condition get on such a great medication regime that they think they are fine and stop taking their meds. Sometimes it takes everything falling apart on them to make them realize they are wrong.
I assume you are aware of all the mania symptoms for bipolar, is he experiencing these? You are his wife so you may be able to contact his therapist.

Personally, I wouldn't stay with him if he isn't taking his medication, when unmedicated he could develop a severe temper with his mood swings and if severe enough he could develop psychosis.

If you need to talk, PM me.
Whatever decision you make just make sure it is best for you!
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 05:12 pm
@DEEPLYCONCERNED,
Honestly, your thinking is absurd, irrational, degrading to you, and laughable to him - it takes two people to make a marriage work - not just you.

If you think that is harsh - it is. It is aimed at getting you to stop thinking this marriage is all about just you, and what just you can do. Every marriage takes two people to make it work, and if he is doing absolutely nothing to make it work, and just about everything to destroy it...then use your brains, see who he is, and where this is headed
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 05:34 pm
I hope she comes back to read all the good advice that was given to her...
0 Replies

soozoo

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 07:03 pm
@DEEPLYCONCERNED,
I hope you are serious about leaving him if he doesn't get back on his medication RIGHT NOW. I was married to a man who abused me physically and emotionally - very much the type of behavior you're describing here. I won't go into detail but let me say this - the night my ex tried to strangle me and came within an inch of taking my life was when I finally decided to leave him. You cannot live with this man any longer unless he is on his medication now. You might not be as lucky as I was.

Be brave. Take care of you.

0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 10:40 am
@DEEPLYCONCERNED,
Get out.
Now.
You cannot save him. If he won't take his meds, he won't take his meds.

And it's worse now (typically is) because he has you locked in to marriage.

Get out while you can still walk out the door.
0 Replies