She sees what she wants to see and hears what she wants to hear

Gargamel

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 03:58 pm
@H2O MAN,
Whether or not she got it "right" is beside the point. She sounded like a ******* idiot. Which she is.
JTT

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 04:38 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Yes, and the majority of these for-profit so-called news outlets are pro-Obama media.

Provide sources that back up this constant right wing meme.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 04:40 pm
@Gargamel,
Quote:
She sounded like a ******* idiot. Which she is.

Odd, but that's exactly what many conservatives like to see in their candidates.
Ionus

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 05:30 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
She sees what she wants to see and hears what she wants to hear

When I saw that, I thought this post was about JoinTalibanTerorism .

Then I saw :

Quote:
She sounded like a ******* idiot. Which she is.

Very convincing . It is all about the psycho JTT isnt it ?
Gargamel

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 06:28 pm
@Ionus,
Dude, if I were you I wouldn't bat the word "psycho" around so casually. I can see you now, cutting letters out of magazines and gluing them into some crazy ass bomb threat you'll mail to an area high school tomorrow.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 06:49 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:
She sounded like a ******* idiot.
Ain't that the truth.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 07:05 pm
@rosborne979,
Michelle?
raprap

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 07:08 pm
@H2O MAN,
Bachmann?
Advocate

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 07:11 pm
The wildest candidate of all might be Rick Santorum. He just said that 60,000 Americans invaded the beaches of France so that they could make their own decisions on health care.

BTW, health care was not an issue in those days.
Ionus

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:42 am
@Gargamel,
Quote:
I can see you now
Do you see lots of things ? How about hearing voices ?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 05:15 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The professor was selected by NPR and he said she got it right.

Maybe it is time for some she said, he said... What I saw her say was that Paul Revere was trying to warn the British... What did she say, because long ago I actually read a book on Paul Revere that had a lot more to do with his silver work than his revolutionary activity... The guy was an artist, but it was another who got the word out... So what did the Professor say???
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:15 am
@raprap,
Obama
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:18 am
@H2O MAN,
FIDO, just click the link below and you will find a link to the audio.

H2O MAN wrote:

NPR - How Accurate Were Palin's Paul Revere Comments?

Quote:
BLOCK: So you think basically, on the whole, Sarah Palin got her history right.

Prof. ALLISON: Well, yeah, she did. And remember, she is a politician. She's not an historian. And God help us when historians start acting like politicians, and I suppose when politicians start writing history.

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:20 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

BTW, health care was not an issue in those days.

Killing Nazis was the issue in those days.
raprap

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:07 am
To me the story told by Sarah Palin told is less important than the reaction afterward--the story told was a 'Palin', an extemporaneous 'Sarahism', and when Sarah goes off her prepared script anything can happen.

For that reason the minions are damage control ready. Fortunately when the running dogs attempted to rewrite history in one popular online resource was ready.

How Attempts to Rewrite History on Wikipedia Get Quashed

They thankfully caught it this time---

Rap
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:10 am
@H2O MAN,
If anybody was concerned about their own particular details on healthcare that day they wouldn't have been on a Normandy Beach.

Rap
Gargamel

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:58 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

FIDO, just click the link below and you will find a link to the audio.

H2O MAN wrote:

NPR - How Accurate Were Palin's Paul Revere Comments?

Quote:
BLOCK: So you think basically, on the whole, Sarah Palin got her history right.

Prof. ALLISON: Well, yeah, she did. And remember, she is a politician. She's not an historian. And God help us when historians start acting like politicians, and I suppose when politicians start writing history.

This was pointless the first time you posted it. Palin's a ******* idiot. Which may explain her appeal to you and other yokels.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 10:24 am
@Gargamel,
Quote:
she said on Boston’s Freedom Trail that Revere “warned the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.”

He didn't fire warning shots. He didn't ring bells. He specifically attempted to avoid the British army in order to avoid being captured.

He did attempt to mislead the British army after he was captured.... I'm not sure you can really call that a "warning," though.
Fido

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 10:30 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Quote:
she said on Boston’s Freedom Trail that Revere “warned the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.”

He didn't fire warning shots. He didn't ring bells. He specifically attempted to avoid the British army in order to avoid being captured.

He did attempt to mislead the British army after he was captured.... I'm not sure you can really call that a "warning," though.
May God forbid in his loving kindness for humanity that such idiots as her will ever become president of the United States of America... Amen...

She must have sucked the brains out of every professor she ever had to get a passing grade...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 11:04 am
@raprap,
Freedom is far more important than healthcare for mooching dumbmasses.