Best Friends Granddaughters

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 11:44 am
My Best friend has custody of her 2 granddaughters, one just turned 15 and other 10. She had custody due to her daughter is a drug addict. well she just let the girls go live with their mom due to their dad died and their mom want the girls social security. the youngest one come to my house every weekend to stay with me and my family, her sister that just turned 15 his now smoking pot with her mom, there are druggies in and out of their apt all day, the mom takes off and leaves them all the time by theirselves, we have called the Grandmother but she seems not to care about them, she says there is nothing she can do. the girls are not eating right, the youngest grades have fallen she tell us that she has a bag packedin the back of her closet so when the oldest girl and mother fight she leaves, they don't even notice that she is gone. Sometime they will leave the youngest with one of the men that are living there that just got out of prison. I could go on and on. should I call child protective services, remember this is my best friends granddaugher.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,358 • Replies: 4

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 11:47 am
What's your best friend's take on all of this? I'd say, follow her lead.
Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 09:11 am
You can consult a good child psychologist for help.
0 Replies
Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 10:39 am
jespah wrote:

What's your best friend's take on all of this? I'd say, follow her lead.

From what I can make out, the best friend is the grandmother, who has custody of the 2 kids.
However, she's let the 2 kids go back to live with the mother. The best friend (grandmother) is saying she can't do anything about it.

To me, the friend saying she can't do anything about it is simply a way for her not to feel bad about anything that might be going on. After all, if she can't do anything about it, it's out of her hands, right? Rolling Eyes

From personal experience, I can say that standing by and doing nothing is more evil than the person who is doing the harm.

No, we are not sure harm is being done, but are you willing to risk a childs welfare over "not sure"?

Call CPS and let them look into it. The call can be anonymous.
0 Replies
Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 10:43 am
I agree with Chai, call CPS and have them get involved.
As I understood, the mother was unfit to raise the children and the grandmother got custody of the girls. Why on earth she let the kids
go back to the mother is beyond me, but it certainly isn't in agreement
with social services. So the sooner they intervene the better!
0 Replies

Related Topics

Would this be a reason to call cps? - Question by skylerkiss
Roman Polanski free - Discussion by dyslexia
Oprah talks to child molesters..... - Question by boomerang
Can we just shoot these parents? - Discussion by mysteryman
is this child abuse? - Question by joy3marie
Police wont arrest Child Abuser - Discussion by MedfordMom
  1. Forums
  2. » Best Friends Granddaughters
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/27/2022 at 01:19:32