is this child abuse?

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 08:26 pm
every small thing i do "wrong" my parnents slap me and beat me till i stop breathing. they say its parenting but they have left brusies. my dad throw stuff at me and my mom always calles me stupid and an idoit. i get striaght A i dont need to be called stupid. today my sis was doing her homework and complsined to my dad about me texting and her hearing the text message come in. my dad started yelling and threw my phone on the ground and it it broke in to pices then slappd me accros the face then threated to break my viloin in half. is this child abuse?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 3,209 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 08:37 pm
Hello joy3marie.

Call the police, make a report. On Monday, tell your school counselor also. Make sure that you tell the police everything. If you feel your life is threatened, leave the house. Go somewhere safe, and call the police.

Good luck

0 Replies
Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 08:38 pm
Call Child Protective SErvices in your area and report what you have
written here! Good luck, and as a straight A student you ought to spell a bit
better than this.
0 Replies
ebrown p
Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 08:42 pm
If they are leaving bruises... then yes, I would say it is abuse.

My first suggestion is to use any resources in your school.

If there is counseling in your school they would know how to get you help. The school nurse would also be able to help. Most school counselors and nurses are trained for dealing with just this situation. They would be able to provide help and support for you whatever the situation.

0 Replies
Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 07:17 am
Do you have an adult you can talk to? A friend's parent?

You need to get to a safe place.

Slapping you around and the verbal abuse is really something that shows your parents are out of control . They don't know how to discipline (they were probably slapped around and verbally abused, too.)

In the meantime, be sure that phone is off and put away when it is supposed to be. Don't give your parents a reason to go off on you.
Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:47 am
sullyfish6 wrote:

In the meantime, be sure that phone is off and put away when it is supposed to be. Don't give your parents a reason to go off on you.

Let me swim against the grain for one second here.

If you have been asked over and over and over again to turn off your phone, and you sneak into your room to use it, you are breaking a house rule and you will be punished for it as parents do.

Is the punishment extreme?
Well , as others have said, if it is leaving bruises, yes. Period. end of story.

Speaking from a spanked child point of view..
I only got spanked when I did not listen to my mother tell me what I needed to do. She would tell me something over, and over and over for DAYS before she would result to a spanking. As an adult NOW, with a child, I understand her.
She was not abusive , -I was a stubborn little ****-.
I was rude, I was out of line, I was disrespectful and my mother gave me every opportunity to behave as i should before she resorted to strong arm behavior.

We are only hearing part of the issue and I do believe that what is happening to you is abuse..... but I have to be devils advocate for a second and bring up that , it does not matter if you are an A student or not. You have to follow the rules.
If that rule is turn off the phone? You better do it.
Since your parents are paying that bill, they have a right to claim that phone. Sorry. If -you- are paying that bill? Then they owe you money for breaking it.

Go to your school. Show them your bruises. Speak up about what is happening. NO child should ever be physically hurt for something as stupid as using a cell phone.

Speak up. Now.
Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 10:21 am
I agree with you and also that joy3marie should first of all talk to someone at her school or another trustworthy grown up. There ought to be a conversation between the parents, joy3marie and whomever she talks to before anything is reported to the police.
As acts of child abuse are also crimes, and a substantial portion of child
abuse cases are investigated and adjudicated by the criminal justice system.
Some cases are referred to law enforcement agencies by child welfare investigators, while others are reported directly to law enforcement by victims, families, and other concerned individuals.
What about the family if the parents would be investigated by police and maybe the girls being taking away and put into foster families?
Try first counseling before calling the police.
Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 10:34 am
I agree with you and also that joy3marie should first of all talk to someone at her school or another trustworthy grown up

Definitely NOT the school, as any public servant will be required by law to file a police report. It should be a trusted family friend, or member of the extended family. Involving the Criminal Justice system should be reserved as a last resort, as the systems "cure" for domestic problems can be very damaging to the family unit.
Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 12:09 pm
Should have thought about that with the police.
An English boy disbehaved every morning before going to school, refusing to get dressed, refusing to eat - we all know about this kind of things.
One morning his mother hit him with the hairbrush and he told the teacher, who told the social services, who told the police and now the 8 year old boy is in foster care and is allowed to see his mother one hour a week.
Bet he is regretting what he did.
0 Replies
john vitch
Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 09:04 am
if you have to ask--you will never know--but if you truly know the answer to this--' YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO ASK " !!
0 Replies
Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 10:58 am
You need to speak to someone that you trust and can depend on. You need to tell them what is going on and even record the instances and what led up to them. No parent should be doing this regardless to what the child "did" to provoke or what they "did" to "deserve" to be abused. Speak to your school counselor or a teacher.
I wish you safe keeping and to be treated better.
0 Replies

Related Topics

Would this be a reason to call cps? - Question by skylerkiss
Roman Polanski free - Discussion by dyslexia
Oprah talks to child molesters..... - Question by boomerang
Can we just shoot these parents? - Discussion by mysteryman
Police wont arrest Child Abuser - Discussion by MedfordMom
Is this really CPS - Question by Domiaida
  1. Forums
  2. » is this child abuse?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 04:14:59