Would this be a reason to call cps?

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 04:41 pm
I know someone who does not physically abuse her children, I believe this could be emotional or mental abuse. I usually mind my own business in things like this, but living so close to her I know everything that goes on.
She has five children, all under the age of six and she is also pregnant with her sixth child. The oldest child is pretty much her emotional punching bag. Whenever she is in a bad mood or something goes wrong the child gets screamed at and made fun of. She mocks her while she's crying and makes fun of her hair, clothes, and things she says. Their house is the nastiest I've ever seen! The mother will sit outside all day while her children smash eggs, pour milk all over the floors, over flow the bathtub all the way to their front door. There is poop everywhere from where her two year old daugther takes her pamper off and uses the bathroom where ever.she can. When she finally does go in the house to check on her children, the oldest gets in trouble for the mess and is told to clean it all up or the mother won't cook her dinner! She also makes her give them all a bath, change their pampers and get them dressed. She has her fix their food for them all while she is sitting outside screaming at her occasionally to hurry up or she'll make her go to bed. I've heard the little girl in their begging her siblings to please stop making a mess so she won't get in trouble, and even heard her sobbing and screaming she just can't take it anymore, and this is from a six year old girl. She's never allowed to come outside and play with the other kids and her siblings when her mothers outside because she hasn't cleaned the mess up. The smell from the house when the door is opened is horrible! It's from the food and mildewed clothes from the overflowed bath tub. I feel so sorry for this little girl, I just don't know if this would be cause to call cps or if there isn't physical abuse involved would they be concerned?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,857 • Replies: 8
No top replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 04:52 pm
@skylerkiss,
In my opinion, this is so damaging for this little girl and it won't stop there, so as far as I am concerned I would say YES...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:10 pm
This is absolutely abuse. I think I'd call the police and let the police call in CPS.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:26 pm
@skylerkiss,
Quote:
The smell from the house when the door is opened is horrible!

This alone would get me to call them.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 06:47 pm
I wonder about this world we live in that someone would have to ask this question, as if there is a doubt.
MMarciano

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 06:51 pm
@chai2,
My thoughts exactly! The whole story sounds like a nightmare for any child! I would have called Yesterday!
firefly

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 09:52 pm
@skylerkiss,
Call CPS. Just the physical living conditions of the children warrant a call to CPS. CPS will investigate a situation like that even if physical abuse is not involved. The mother may be emotionally abusing the oldest child, but it sounds like she is also neglecting all of her chidren--she is not properly caring for them or adequately supervising them.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 02:50 am
@MMarciano,
She may not know that they would intervene, as I think she feels that they only deal with Physical abuse, not withstanding that she then when told "yes they do" which is not the case that she wouldn't immediately think "cops" then. It's the internet people don't always speak clearly shirt, I know I don't Smile

0 Replies

ZREX

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:47 am
@skylerkiss,
You decide what to do. From reading you post should have already been reported let the professionals decide the course pf action. When you do report give details the investigator needs details and I always hated annonomus cause it is to easy to dismiss as a begrudged complaint. Legally your name is confidential anyway. Silence is compliance and in most states knowing an not reporting is also a chargeable crime. Just my thoughts. You do what you think is right.
0 Replies