Any reasonds why boy attacks girl(love related issue)

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 08:40 am
Boy and girl dated for long time. When boy propose girl, she simply says 'I just want you as a friend, I don't want to marry you. But boy can't digest this. He attacks girl(acid attacks even sometimes murder also). Is it a girl's fault that she had that much close relationship or it was boy's?..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,699 • Replies: 10
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by lawliet260
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 08:50 am
@lawliet260,
Hello lawliet260,
No the girl is not at fault, even though she doesn't want to marry the boy
and despite having dated him for a long time. No one should be attacked,
especially so viciously as to use acid to disfigure the girl, or even murder.
roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:42 pm
@CalamityJane,
Sounds like something that might happen in India.
contrex

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:51 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Sounds like something that might happen in India.

It has happened in England. Perpetrator and victim are both white English. Wicked, bestial cruelty knows no borders.
roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 02:58 pm
@contrex,
I guess not.
jespah

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 04:37 pm
@roger,
I recall a lye attack from a 1959 case, in New York: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Pugach

In an odd twist, they (Linda Riss and Burton Pugach) ended up marrying. I recall some jokers from my law school class sent them a card for their 10th wedding anniversary (I have no idea how their address was found).

By the way, in the Pugach-Riss case, the guy (he didn't exactly throw the lye, but he directed some thug to do it) did jail time. No, it was not her fault then, and it won't be this girl's fault now.
roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 06:00 pm
@jespah,
Is this one of those cases where I'm supposed to be blaming the victim? I have no idea of how you read this into what I wrote. I was specifically thinking of a member located in India who brought this up as a possible consequence of having acquired a stalker in the work place.

I better go post something about hummingbirds, flowers, and kittens.
Mame

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 07:09 pm
@roger,
LOL Rolling Eyes Laughing Shocked

edit:

Oops, sorry, thought you said "Indiana".
0 Replies

vikorr
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 11:54 pm
@lawliet260,
No it is not right, and the girl can never be 'blamed' for the other persons actions.

Every person on this earth, male or female is entirely responsible for every action they take. Another person can contribute to, or influence a decision made, but each and every person is responsible for their own decisions. Accepting this is called taking personal responsibility for your own actions.

So let me phrase your question a different way : A boy and girl have been dating for a long time. When the boy proposes, the girl says 'I just want you as a friend. I don't want to marry you'. The boy breaks off the relationship and walks away. Is it the girls fault that this boy walked away?......now most would answer 'yes' to that question. But note that this boy chose a different path to take - he did not throw acid at the girl. So breaking off with a boy does not automatically equal 'boy throwing acid in girls face'. Ie. you do not possess mind control over the boy - he chooses his own reaction to what you have said. He is responsible for his reaction. One is a contributing factor, and the other is a personal decision for which he is entirely self responsible.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 07:19 am
@roger,
Nope - I'm just saying that I remember such a case from law school, nothing more. And I don't blame the victim there at all -- it was a different time. The whole Riss-Pugach affair is weird with a capital W. There was a documentary done on them and they are bizarre folk.
roger

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 02:05 pm
@jespah,
My error, then. Usually when I see a construction like "No, it was not her fault. . . ." I assume someone was anticipating my next comment. Not always, obviously.
0 Replies