coldjoint

Fri 26 Sep, 2014 11:37 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Uhh, proof please. Can you please post a link to a union member who was sent a letter from a union saying if they do not donate to a super pac they will be fired?

I still get mail from my union that tells me who to vote for. And I am retired. All Democrats.
Region Philbis

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 01:59 am

in an attempt to mock the president, Klondike Barbie referred to the White House as being located at "1400 Pennsylvania Avenue"...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByfrEdRIYAEbXes.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 06:35 am
@RexRed,
You really expect him to prove that?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 06:37 am
@coldjoint,
Child-like insult and no contribution to the discussion.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 06:51 am
@coldjoint,
So? That proves what? Do you seriously think Nixon or Reagan or Bush were elected without union voters?

Do you think that the anti-union stance by the GOP has anything to with that lack of support?

Do you really believe no union has endorsed a GOP candidate, ever?

Unions back super-PAC supporting Republican centrists
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/195623-unions-back-super-pac-supporting-gop-centrists

Three GOP candidates compete for District 9 seat
http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/three-gop-candidates-compete-for-district-seat/article_d6e0c54a-21f4-11e4-9984-001a4bcf6878.html
"Colver had received $56,229 in contributions through the latest filing period, including $1,000 contributions from 10 labor union political-action committees during the last reporting cycle. Colver also contributed more than $13,000 of his own money to the campaign.

Those contributions raised some criticism from Feige, who said Colver hasn’t been a consistent Republican voice. He said contributions by unions and other special interest groups offer a hint of Colver’s leanings.

Colver makes no apologies for union backing, attributing it to his support for Alaska hire and an increase in the state’s minimum wage."

Lunch Pail Republicans, Labor-Backed Group, Bankrolls GOP Candidates For Congress
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/01/lunch-pail-republicans-labor_n_1929825.html

You got it wrong again, bucko.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 06:52 am
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc244/paulparkinson/gop_rape_advisory_zps1809e66c.gif
0 Replies

God protects USA

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 08:40 am
I suggest this page stops using titles for their posts such as " chilling "
" scary " " alarming " I'm not scared and I will fight for this country!

“The American people are determined to eliminate from their midst organizations which, purporting to be ‘religious,’ in the accepted sense of that term, are conspirators dedicated to the destruction of our form of government by force and violence…

“The Congress hereby finds and declares that Islam, although purportedly a religious sect, is in fact an instrumentality of a foreign conspiracy to overthrow the government of the United States. It constitutes an authoritarian dictatorship within a republic, demanding for itself the rights and privileges accorded to individuals of other religious denominations, but denying to all others the freedoms guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution….

Section 2 of the Communist Control Act of 1954
bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 08:56 am
@coldjoint,
Bolling is a piece of crap that Fox has found reason to compel to apologize for outrageous comments and air suspend for others. Bolling, I believe has never served and even if he has, has no business to belittle or demean a fighting pilot in a war Bolling not only loves but wants expanded. Not that he or anyone he knows will enlist over it. I wonder if its because like Limpbaugh they have boils on their ass or like Dick Cheney who had "better things to do." Go ahead. Ask me to document that last statement.

So which were you: boil on your ass or had better things to do?

Jockstraps, right? You've got other people's sausages on your mind again. This time you're having daydreams about Eric Bolling's sausage. Your interest in male genitalia should remain private, no one here is interested - its none of our business. But it certainly is creepy.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 08:57 am
@Region Philbis,
See! Its been documented: Sarah Palin doesn't have a clue!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 09:17 am
@God protects USA,
So you WOULD serve. Why haven't you? You'll support the US right up to the point of enlisting.

Another feature of the 1950's were high (up to 90% - they funded their wars back then) taxes on the wealthy and corporations. Want to go back to that also?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Control_Act_of_1954

<snip>

Controversy

There was much controversy surrounding the Act. The Federal Bureau of Investigation and its Director, the famed J. Edgar Hoover, opposed the bill on the count that it would have forced the Communist movement underground.[2] In addition, the Michigan Law Review argued that the politically charged Act was plagued by a number of constitutional problems which would have undermined its effectiveness.[4] The Yale Law Journal lauded the Act as the “most direct statutory attack on internal communism yet undertaken [by 1955] by Congress,” [5] but stressed the “haste and confusion of the Act’s passage” which led to many “vague and ambiguous provisions.” [5] The incongruity of its provisions, a grave constitutional defect, was in part attributed to obscure language. For example, the nature of the “rights, privileges, and immunities” to be terminated by the Act was never explicitly stated as relating to state or federal jurisdiction. Also, the Yale Law Journal underlined a number of instances during which a literal interpretation of key passages would have caused entire sections to fall because of the use of comprehensive, unspecific language.[5] McAuliffe notes that, because of these complications, the Act was never “used as a major weapon in the legislative arsenal against Communism,” apart for two minor cases in the states of New York and New Jersey.[2]
Other

The House of Representatives also made some additions to the bill, notably a section which listed the criteria for “determining what constitut[ed] membership in the Party and related organizations.” [5]
Further History

Only a few court cases interpreted the scope of the act's termination of the party's "rights, privileges and immunities." In 1954 the New Jersey Supreme Court held that, under the act, a candidate who was not a nominee of the party could not appear on the ballot in a state election under the party label (Salwen v. Rees). The Supreme Court upheld the judgement of the New Jersey Superior Court in favor of the defendant-election official and adopted the Superior Court judge's oral opinion as its own. That opinion explained that the plaintiff-candidate was proclaiming that he was the candidate of the Communist Party and that a vote for him was a vote for "party enthronement." "In order to make good the outlawry of the Communist Party as such," the Superior Court judge stated, "it becomes unavoidable that individuals be prevented from carrying its banner." This "peculiar method, as chosen by the [plaintiff-candidate], is a keen way of circumventing the statute, because if it were valid for him to take the course that he has chosen, it would be valid for a complete set of candidates to do the same thing, the consequence of which, of course, would be to frustrate completely the design of federal law."

In 1973 a federal district court in Arizona decided that the act was unconstitutional and Arizona could not keep the party off the ballot in the 1972 general election (Blawis v. Bolin). In 1961 the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the act did not bar the party from participating in New York's unemployment insurance system (Communist Party v. Catherwood)

However, the Supreme Court of the United States has not ruled on the act's constitutionality. Despite that, no administration has tried to enforce it. The provisions of the act "outlawing" the party have not been repealed. Nevertheless, the Communist Party of the USA continues to exist in the 21st century.

Notes

Peters, Gerhard; Woolley, John T. "Dwight D. Eisenhower: "Statement by the President Upon Signing the Communist Control Act of 1954.," August 24, 1954". The American Presidency Project. University of California - Santa Barbara. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
McAuliffe, Mary S. “Liberals and the Communist Control Act of 1954.” The Journal of American History. 63.2. (1976): 351-67.
Haag, Ernest van den. “Controlling Subversive Groups.” Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. 300. Internal Security and Civil Rights (1955): 620-71.
Haerle, Paul R. “Constitutional Law: Federal Anti-Subversive Legislation: The Communist Control act of 1954.” Michigan Law Review. 53.8 (1955): 1153-65.
“The Communist Control Act of 1954.” The Yale Law Journal. 64.5 (1955): 712-65.

Here's section 2 for you, where's the Islam reference:

http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/dept/polsciwb/brianl/docs/1954CommunistControlAct.pdf

Findings of Fact
Sec. 2. The Congress hereby finds and declares that the Communist Party of the United States, although purportedly a political party, is in fact an instrumentality of a conspiracy to overthrow the Government of the United States. It constitutes an authoritarian dictatorship within a republic, demanding for itself the rights and privileges accorded to political parties, but denying to all others the liberties guaranteed by the Constitution. Unlike political parties, which evolve their policies and programs through public means, by the reconciliation of a wide variety of individual views, and submit those policies and programs to the electorate at large for approval or disapproval, the policies and programs of the Communist Party are secretly prescribed for it by the foreign leaders of the world Communist movement. Its members have no part in determining its goals, and are not permitted to voice dissent to party objectives.

Unlike members of political parties, members of the Communist Party are recruited for indoctrination with respect to its objectives and methods, and are organized, instructed, and disciplined to carry into action slavishly the assignments given them by their hierarchical chieftains. Unlike political parties, the Communist Party acknowledges no constitutional or statutory limitations upon it s conduct or upon that of its members. The Communist Party is relatively small numerically, and gives scant indication of capacity ever to attain its ends by lawful political means. The peril inherent in its operation arises not from its numbers, but from its failure to acknowledge any limitation as to the nature of its activities, and its dedication to the proposition that the present constitutional Government of the United States
ultimately must be brought to ruin by any avail able means, including resort to force and violence.

Holding that doctrine, its role as the agency of a hostile foreign power renders its existence a clear present and continuing danger to the security
of the United States. It is the means whereby individuals are seduced into the service of the world Communist movement, trained to do its bidding, and directed and controlled in the conspiratorial performance of their revolutionary services. Therefore, the Communist Party should be outlawed.

So much for free speech and the Bill of Rights. What are you, a Communist??????

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 09:49 am
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 09:58 am
@God protects USA,
-3 on this forum means your post is a excellent post. And you are right. Islam is subversive, and its rights as a religion should be abolished. It and it followers should be either profiled or deported. And it should be made clear to all Muslims they are just not welcome because their religion is nothing more than a totalitarian death cult.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 10:21 am
@coldjoint,
Keep thinking that, ace! You're a real popular poster over your output, too!!!

Conservative ‘Christian’ Pastor Calls Unemployed People ‘Nasty’ Says They Should Be Allowed To Starve (VIDEO)
Author: Stephen D Foster Jr August 6, 2014 9:07 pm

Another conservative is calling for letting poor people starve and this time it’s coming from a pulpit out of the mouth of a supposed “Christian” pastor.

Pastor John Hagee of Cornerstone Church in Texas repeated a cruel talking point that has been uttered by Republicans such as House Rep. Michelle Bachmann and House Rep. Kevin Cramer. During his Sunday sermon, Hagee claimed American taxpayers are being forced to pay double taxes because of “nasty” welfare recipients who can’t find work. He then took a Bible verse out of context to claim that the federal government should allow people who rely on the social safety net to starve.

“Those who pay double through taxes, and those who get a free ride,” Hagee began. “This is not justice, and this is not the American way.”

To those of you who are sick, to those of you who are elderly, to those of you who are disabled, we gladly support you. To the healthy who can work but won’t work, get your nasty self off the couch and go get a job! America has rewarded laziness and we’ve called it welfare. The Bible says ‘The man who does not work, should not eat.’ I know the liberals hate that verse, but read it and weep! It’s God’s position.

What about this hate filled religion?

Frank Apisa

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 10:32 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Hagee is a Christian...the way FOXNews is news!

He is a pathetic, damaged creature who should evoke sympathy from real Christians. I am not a Christian...and the best I can work up for him is contempt.
coldjoint

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 10:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Hagee is a Christian.

The terrorists are Muslim. What have you got for them?
coldjoint

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 10:51 am
@bobsal u1553115,

Quote:
What about this hate filled religion?

Look at the Christian doctrine. You are a fool, and really not worth one pixel.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 11:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
There's not enough contempt in the world for "Pastor" Hagee. Remember when McCain had to refuse Hagee's endorsement after he first accepted it?

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftowleroad.typepad.com%2Fphotos%2Funcategorized%2F2008%2F04%2F23%2Fmccain_hagee.jpg&f=1

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/22/mccain.hagee/index.html

McCain rejects minister's endorsement

Sen. McCain says Rev. Hagee's comments "deeply offensive and indefensible"

(CNN) -- In the face of mounting controversy over headline-grabbing statements from the Rev. John Hagee, CNN has learned that presumptive Republican nominee John McCain decided Thursday to reject his endorsement.

McCain later also repudiated the support of Rod Parsley, an Ohio preacher who has called Islam an inherantly violent religion.

McCain told CNN's Brian Todd that he rejected Hagee's endorsement after Todd brought to his attention Hagee's comments that Adolf Hitler had been fulfilling God's will by hastening the desire of Jews to return to Israel in accordance with biblical prophecy.

"God says in Jeremiah 16: 'Behold, I will bring them the Jewish people again unto their land that I gave to their fathers. ... Behold, I will send for many fishers, and after will I send for many hunters. And they the hunters shall hunt them.' That would be the Jews. ... Then God sent a hunter. A hunter is someone who comes with a gun and he forces you. Hitler was a hunter," Hagee said, according to a transcript of his sermon.

In a statement to CNN on Thursday, McCain said "Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them. I did not know of them before Rev. Hagee's endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well." Video Watch how the Hagee endorsement unraveled »

Shortly after McCain's announcement Thursday afternoon, Hagee withdrew his endorsement, citing critics who had been "grossly misrepresenting" his positions.

"I am tired of these baseless attacks and fear that they have become a distraction in what should be a national debate about important issues. I have therefore decided to withdraw my endorsement of Sen. McCain for president effective today, and to remove myself from any active role in the 2008 campaign," he said in a statement.

"I hope that the Sen. McCain will accept this withdrawal so that he may focus on the issues that are most important to America and the world."

McCain also said that his relationship with Hagee did not compare with Sen. Barack Obama's lengthy association with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, whose own inflammatory comments remain, for some Republicans, a persistent campaign issue even though Obama has denounced his former minister.

"I have said I do not believe Sen. Obama shares Rev. Wright's extreme views. But let me also be clear, Rev. Hagee was not and is not my pastor or spiritual adviser, and I did not attend his church for 20 years. I have denounced statements he made immediately upon learning of them, as I do again today," McCain said.

The Arizona senator had renounced comments from Hagee that termed the Catholic Church "the great whore" and "an apostate church."
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 11:10 am
@coldjoint,
WHAT do YOU have in your mind for these terrorists?

Christian terrorism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Terrorism

Christian terrorism comprises terrorist acts by groups or individuals who use Christian motivations or goals for their actions. As with other forms of religious terrorism, Christian terrorists have relied on interpretations of the tenets of faith – in this case, the Bible. Such groups have cited Old Testament and New Testament scriptures to justify violence and killing or to seek to bring about the "end times" described in the New Testament.[1]

By country
Central African Republic
Further information: Central African Republic conflict under the Djotodia administration

After the predominantly Muslim Seleka militia took control of the Central African Republic under President Michel Djotodia in 2013, a period of lawlessness and sectarian violence continued. Following warnings of "genocide" by the UN and a controversial intervention force by MISCA, Djotodia resigned. Despite neutral Catherine Samba-Panza being made president, the Anti-balaka Christian militants continued sectarian violence, including reported targeted killings, against Muslim civilians.[2]
Great Britain

The early modern period in Britain saw religious conflict resulting from the Reformation and the introduction of Protestant state churches.[3] The 1605 Gunpowder Plot was a failed attempt to blow up the Palace of Westminster, the English seat of government. Peter Steinfels characterizes this plot as a notable case of religious terrorism.[4]
India

Christian terrorism has appeared in various contiguous states in North-East India.[5] In 2000 John Joseph, a member of India's National Minority Commission, described Christian militancy as rampant in the northeastern states.[5]
Tripura
Further information: Tripura rebellion

The National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT), a rebel group which seeks the secession of Tripura, North-East India, from the country, has been described as engaging in terrorist violence motivated by their Christian beliefs.[6] The NLFT includes in its aims the forced conversion of all tribespeople in Tripura to Christianity.[7] The NLFT is listed as a terrorist organization in the Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2002.[8] The state government contends that the Baptist Church of Tripura supplies arms and gives financial support to the NLFT.[9][10][11] Reports from the state government and Indian media describe activities such as the acquisition by the NLFT of explosives through the Noapara Baptist Church in Tripura,[11] and threats of killing Hindus celebrating religious festivals.[12] Over 20 Hindus in Tripura were reported killed by the NLFT from 1999 to 2001 for resisting forced conversion to Christianity.[13] According to Hindus in the area, there have also been forced conversions of tribal villagers to Christianity by armed NLFT militants.[13] These forcible conversions, sometimes including the use of "rape as a means of intimidation", have also been noted by academics outside of India.[14] In 2000, the NLFT broke into a temple and gunned down a popular Hindu preacher popularly known as Shanti Kali.[7]
Odisha
See also: Religious violence in Odisha

In 2007 a tribal spiritual Hindu monk, Swami Lakshmanananda Saraswati, accused Radhakant Nayak, chief of a local chapter of World Vision, and a former Rajya Sabha member from Odisha in the Indian National Congress party, of plotting to assassinate him.[15] The Swami also said that World Vision was covertly pumping money into India for religious conversion during the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, and criticized the activities of Christian missionaries as going against tribal beliefs.[16] In 2008, he was gunned down along with four disciples on the Hindu festive day of Krishna Janmashtami by a group of 30–40 armed men.[17] Later, Maoist terrorist leader Sabyasachi Panda admitted responsibility for the assassination, saying that the Maoists had intervened in the religious dispute on behalf of Christians and Dalits.[18][19] The non-governmental organization Justice on Trial disputed that there had been Maoist involvement, and quoted the Swami as claiming that Christian missionaries had earlier attacked him eight times.[20][21]
Nagaland
Main article: National Socialist Council of Nagaland

Nagaland is a Christian majority state in India. Many terrorist incidents have been documented there as a result of an insurgency against the government. This insurgency was originally led by the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN), who has indulged in terrorist activities varying from kidnapping, illegal drug trafficking, extortion, etc.[22] The group has committed religious violence, as a part of NSCN's described mission of forcibly converting the animist Naga to Christianity. Other goals include the formation of a greater Nagaland. There are occasional reports of the NSCN using force to convert locals of neighboring states to Christianity.[23]
Manipur

The National Socialist Council of Nagaland, Issac-Muivah faction (slogan: "Nagaland for Christ"), is accused of carrying out the 1992–1993 ethnic cleansing of Kuki tribes in Manipur, said to have leave over 900 people dead. During that NSCN-IM operation, 350 Kuki villages were driven out and about 100,000 Kukis were turned into refugees.[24]
Lebanon

Maronite Christian militias perpetrated the Karantina and Tel al-Zaatar massacres of Palestinians and Lebanese Muslims during Lebanon's 1975–1990 civil war. The 1982 Sabra and Shatila massacre, which targeted unarmed Palestinian refugees for rape and murder, was considered to be genocide by the United Nations General Assembly.[25] A British photographer present during the incident said that "People who committed the acts of murder that I saw that day were wearing crucifixions and were calling themselves Christians."[26] After the end of the civil war, Christian militias refused to disband, concentrating in the Israeli-occupied south of the country, where they terrorized Muslim and Druze villages and forcefully recruited men and boys from those communities into their groups.[27]
Northern Ireland
Main article: The Troubles

Some scholars, such as Steve Bruce, a sociology professor at the University of Aberdeen, argue that the conflict in Northern Ireland is primarily a religious conflict, its economic and social considerations notwithstanding.[28] Professor Mark Juergensmeyer has also argued that some acts of terrorism were "religious terrorism... – in these cases, Christianity".[29]:19–20 Others, such as John Hickey, take a more guarded view.[30] Writing in The Guardian, Susan McKay discussed religious fundamentalism in connection with the murder of Martin O'Hagan, a former inmate of the Maze prison and a reporter on crime and the paramilitaries. She attributed the murder to a "range of reasons," including "the gangsters didn't like what he wrote". The alleged killers claimed that they killed him for "crimes against the loyalist people".[31]

The Orange Volunteers are a group infamous for carrying out simultaneous terrorist attacks on Catholic churches.[32]

Self-styled pastors[33] Clifford Peeples, previously convicted under the Prevention of Terrorism Act, John Somerville, and their associates, were dubbed by RUC Chief constable, Ronnie Flanagan "the demon pastors" – specialising in recounting lurid stories of Catholic savagery towards Protestants, and in finding biblical justifications for Protestant retaliation.[31]
Norway
Main article: 2011 Norway attacks

In July 2011, Anders Behring Breivik was arrested and charged with terrorism after a car bombing in Oslo and a mass shooting on Utøya island that killed 77 people. Early reports erroneously stated he was a Christian fundamentalist.[34][35] Hours prior to the events, Breivik released a 1,500 page manifesto detailing that immigrants were undermining Norway's traditional Christian values, identifying himself as a "Christian crusader" while describing himself as not very religious.[36][37] Analyses of his motivations have noted that he did not only display Christian terrorist inclinations, but also had non-religious, right-wing beliefs.[38][39] Mark Juergensmeyer and John Mark Reynolds have stated that the events were Christian terrorism,[40][41] whereas Brad Hirschfield has rejected the Christian terrorist label.[42]
Romania

Orthodox Christian movements in Romania, such as the Iron Guard and Lăncieri, which have been characterized by Yad Vashem and Stanley G. Payne as anti-semitic and fascist, respectively, were responsible for involvement in the Bucharest pogrom, and political murders during the 1930s.[43][44][45][46](p37)[dead link][47]
Uganda

The Lord's Resistance Army, a cult and guerrilla army, was engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government in 2005. It has been accused of using child soldiers and of committing numerous crimes against humanity; including massacres, abductions, mutilation, torture, rape, and using forced child labourers as soldiers, porters, and sex slaves.[48] A quasi-religious movement that mixes some aspects of Christian beliefs with its own brand of spiritualism,[49][50] it is led by Joseph Kony, who proclaims himself the spokesperson of God and a spirit medium, primarily of the "Holy Spirit" which the Acholi believe can represent itself in many manifestations.[51][51][52][53] LRA fighters wear rosary beads and recite passages from the Bible before battle.[49][54][55][56][57][58]
United States
See also: Anti-abortion violence in the United States and Ku Klux Klan
Ku Klux Klan with a burning cross
The End. Victoriously slaying Catholic influence in the U.S. Illustration by Rev. Branford Clarke from Klansmen: Guardians of Liberty 1926 by Bishop Alma White, published by the Pillar of Fire Church in Zarephath, NJ.

After the American Civil War of 1861–1865, members of the Protestant-led[59] Ku Klux Klan (KKK) organization began engaging in arson, beatings, cross burnings, destruction of property, lynching, murder, rape, tar-and-feathering, and whipping. They targeted African Americans, Jews, Catholics, and other social or ethnic minorities.

Klan members had an explicitly Christian terrorist ideology, basing their beliefs in part on a "religious foundation" in Christianity.[60] The goals of the KKK included, from an early time onward, an intent to "reestablish Protestant Christian values in America by any means possible", and they believed that "Jesus was the first Klansman."[61] From 1915 Klansmen conducted cross-burnings not only to intimidate targets, but also to demonstrate their respect and reverence for Jesus Christ, and the ritual of lighting crosses was steeped in Christian symbolism, including saying prayers and singing Christian hymns.[62] Within Christianity the Klan directed hostilities against Catholics. Modern Klan organizations, such as the Knights Party, USA, continue to focus on the Christian supremacist message, detecting a "war" which allegedly aims to destroy "western Christian civilization."

After 1981, members of groups such as the Army of God began attacking abortion clinics and doctors across the United States.[63][64][65] A number of terrorist attacks were attributed by Bruce Hoffman to individuals and groups with ties to the Christian Identity and Christian Patriot movements, including the Lambs of Christ.[66] A group called Concerned Christians was deported from Israel on suspicion of planning to attack holy sites in Jerusalem at the end of 1999; they believed that their deaths would "lead them to heaven".[67][68]

The motive for anti-abortionist Scott Roeder murdering Wichita doctor George Tiller on 31 May 2009 was the belief that abortion is not only immoral, but also a form of murder under "God's law", irrespective of "man's law" in any country, and that this belief went "hand in hand" with his religious beliefs.[69][70] The group supporting Roeder proclaimed that any force used to protect the life of a born child is "legitimate to protect the life of an unborn child", and called on all Christians to "rise up" and "take action" against threats to Christianity and to unborn life.[71] Eric Robert Rudolph carried out the Centennial Olympic Park bombing in 1996, as well as subsequent attacks on an abortion clinic and on a lesbian nightclub. Michael Barkun, a professor at Syracuse University, considers Rudolph to likely fit the definition of a Christian terrorist. James A. Aho, a professor at Idaho State University, argues that religious considerations inspired Rudolph only in part.[72]

Hutaree was a Christian militia group based in Adrian, Michigan. In 2010, after an FBI agent infiltrated the group a federal grand jury in Detroit indicted nine of its members on charges of seditious conspiracy to the use of improvised explosive devices, teaching the use of explosive materials, and possessing a firearm during a crime of violence.[73] On 28 March 2012, the conspiracy charges were dismissed.[74] Terrorism scholar Aref M. Al-Khattar has listed The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord, Defensive Action, The Freemen Community, and some "Christian militia" as groups that "can be placed under the category of far-right-wing terrorism" that "has a religious (Christian) component".[75]
Motivation, ideology, and theology
See also: Anti-abortion violence, Christian Patriot movement and Christian Identity movement

Christian views on abortion have been cited by Christian individuals and groups that are responsible for threatening, assaulting and murdering doctors, and for bombing their abortion clinics across the United States and Canada.

Christian Identity is a loosely affiliated global group of churches and individuals devoted to a racialized theology which asserts that North European whites are the direct descendants of the lost tribes of Israel, God's chosen people. It has been associated with groups such as the Aryan Nations, Aryan Republican Army, Army of God, Phineas Priesthood, and The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord. It has been cited as an influence in a number of terrorist attacks around the world, including the 2002 Soweto bombings.[76][77][78][79]

References

B. Hoffman, "Inside Terrorism", Columbia University Press, 1999, pp. 105–120. ISBN 978-0231126991
Andrew Katz (May 29, 2014). "‘A Question of Humanity’: Witness to the Turning Point In Central African Republic". Time.
The Reformation in England and Scotland and Ireland: The Reformation Period & Ireland under Elizabeth I, Encyclopædia Britannica Online.
Peter Steinfels (5 November 2005). "A Day to Think About a Case of Faith-Based Terrorism". New York Times.
Radhakrishnan Kuttoor for The Hindu. 10 July 2000 Sections of X'ians torpedoing peace initiative
Adam, de Cordier, Titeca, and Vlassenroot (2007). "In the Name of the Father? Christian Militantism in Tripura, Northern Uganda, and Ambon". Studies in Conflict and Terrorism 30 (11): 963. doi:10.1080/10576100701611288.
"Hindu preacher killed by Tripura rebels". BBC News. August 28, 2000. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
"The Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2002". Republic of India. South Asia Terrorism Portal. 2002. Retrieved 1 March 2009.
"Constitution of National Liberation Front Of Tripura". South Asia Terrorism Portal.
"National Liberation Front of Tripura, India". South Asia Terrorism Portal.
Bhaumik, Subhir (18 April 2000). "'Church backing Tripura rebels'". BBC News. Retrieved 26 August 2006.
"Separatist group bans Hindu festivities". BBC News. 2 October 2000.
rediff.com: Tribals unite against conversions in Tripura
Adam, de Cordier, Titeca, and Vlassenroot (2007). "In the Name of the Father? Christian Militantism in Tripura, Northern Uganda, and Ambon". Studies in Conflict and Terrorism 30 (11): 965, 966, 967. doi:10.1080/10576100701611288.
"RSS wing blames Cong MP for triggering communal tension in Kandhamal". The Pioneer Archive. 27 December 2007. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
News Today
Net closes in on Cong MP for Orissa swami’s murder - Indian Express
Why Swami Laxmanananda was killed
"Advani, Singhal, Togadia natural targets of Maoists". The Times Of India. 5 October 2008.
Swami Laxmanananda feared for his life: NGO : Latest Headlines: News India Today
[1][dead link]
"Encyclopaedia Of Manipur (3 Vol.)", p. 490
"Encyclopaedia of Scheduled Tribes in India: In Five Volume", p. 253, by By P. K. Mohanty.
"'Is this the India we should be proud of?'". Rediff.com. 17 May 2010. Retrieved 18 December 2013.
United Nations (December 16, 1982). "General Assembly Resolution 37/123". Retrieved January 17, 2011.
BBC News (June 17, 2001). transcript "Panorama: "The Accused"". Retrieved January 17, 2011.
http://www.hrw.org/reports/1999/lebanon/Isrlb997-07.htm

The Northern Ireland conflict is a religious conflict. Economic and social considerations are also crucial, but it was the fact that the competing populations in Ireland adhered and still adhere to competing religious traditions which has given the conflict its enduring and intractable quality.

Steve Bruce (1986). God Save Ulster. Oxford University Press. p. 249. ISBN 0-19-285217-5.:249 Reviewing the book, David Harkness of The English Historical Review agreed "Of course the Northern Ireland conflict is at heart religious". David Harkness (October 1989). "God Save Ulster: The Religion and Politics of Paisleyism by Steve Bruce (review)". The English Historical Review (Oxford University Press) 104 (413).
Mark Juergensmeyer. Terror in the Mind of God: The Global Rise of Religious Violence. University of California Press. ISBN 0-520-24011-1.

"Like residents of Belfast and London, Americans were beginning to learn to live with acts of religious terrorism: shocking, disturbing incidents of violence laced with the passion of religion - in these cases, Christianity" and "The violence in Northern Ireland is justified by still other theological positions, Catholic and Protestant."

Politics in the North is not politics exploiting religion. That is far too simple an explanation: it is one which trips readily off the tongue of commentators who are used to a cultural style in which the politically pragmatic is the normal way of conducting affairs and all other considerations are put to its use. In the case of Northern Ireland the relationship is much more complex. It is more a question of religion inspiring politics than of politics making use of religion. It is a situation more akin to the first half of seventeenth‑century England than to the last quarter of twentieth century Britain.John Hickey (1984). Religion and the Northern Ireland Problem. Gill and Macmillan. p. 67. ISBN 0-7171-1115-6.

Susan McKay (17 November 2001). "Faith, hate and murder". London: The Guardian.
Claire Mitchell (2006). Religion, Identity and Politics in Northern Ireland. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. p. 51. ISBN 0-7546-4155-4.
"Self-styled loyalist pastor jailed". BBC News. 8 March 2001.
"Scores killed in Norway attack". BBC (UK). 23 July 2011. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
Thistlethwaite, Susan Brooks (25 July 2011). "When Christianity becomes lethal". Washington Post. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
Schwirtz, Michael (14 August 2011). "Suspect in Norway Reconstructs Killings for Police". New York Times. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
"Anders Breivik Manifesto: Shooter/Bomber Downplayed Religion, Secular Influence Key". International Business Times. (25 July 2011). Accessed 26 July 2011.
Washington, Jesse (31 July 2011). "'Christian terrorist'? Norway case strikes debate". Associated Press. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
Sheppard, Robert (24 July 2011). "Norway's shooter: Delusional loner or far-right conspirator?". CBC News. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
Juergensmeyer, Mark (24 July 2011). "Is Norway's Suspected Murderer Anders Breivik a Christian Terrorist?". Religious Dispatches Magazine. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
Reynolds, John Mark (28 July 2011). "Breivik betrays Christianity". Washington Post.
Hirschfield, Brad (29 July 2011). "Breivik a Christian, terrorist but not 'Christian terrorist'". Washington Post. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
Paul Tinichigiu (January 2004). "Sami Fiul (interview)". The Central Europe Center for Research and Documentation. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
Radu Ioanid (2004). "The Sacralised Politics of the Romanian Iron Guard". Totalitarian Movements and Political Religions 5 (3): 419–453(35). doi:10.1080/1469076042000312203.
Leon Volovici. Nationalist Ideology and Antisemitism. p. 98. ISBN 0-08-041024-3. "citing N. Cainic, Ortodoxie şi etnocraţie, pp. 162–4"
"Roots of Romanian Antisemitism: The League of National Christian Defense and Iron Guard Antisemitism" (PDF). Background and precursors to the Holocaust (Yad Vashem – The Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Authority).
Payne, Stanley G. (1995). A History of Fascism 1914–1945. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press (pp. 277–289) ISBN 0-299-14874-2
Xan Rice (20 October 2007). "Background: the Lord's Resistance Army". London: The Guardian.
Marc Lacey (4 August 2002). "Uganda's Terror Crackdown Multiplies the Suffering". New York Times.
[2] The scars of death: children abducted by the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda By Human Rights Watch/Africa 1997 page 72
Ruddy Doom and Koen Vlassenroot (1999). "Kony's message: A new Koine? The Lord's Resistance Army in northern Uganda". African Affairs (Oxford Journals / Royal African Society) 98 (390): 5–36. doi:10.1093/oxfordjournals.afraf.a008002.
"Ugandan rebels raid Sudanese villages". BBC News. 8 April 2002. Retrieved 2 January 2010.
K. Ward (2001). "The Armies of the Lord: Christianity, Rebels and the State in Northern Uganda, 1986–1999". Journal of Religion in Africa 31 (2): 187. doi:10.1163/157006601X00121.
"In pictures: Ugandan rebels come home". BBC News. Retrieved 2 January 2010. "One of the differences on the LRA pips is a white bible inside a heart"
David Blair (3 August 2005). "I killed so many I lost count, says boy, 11". London: The Telegraph.[dead link]
Matthew Green (8 February 2008). "Africa’s Most Wanted". Financial Times.
Christina Lamb (2 March 2008). "The Wizard of the Nile: The Hunt for Africa’s Most Wanted by Matthew Green". London: The Times.
Marc Lacey (18 April 2005). "Atrocity Victims in Uganda Choose to Forgive". New York Times.
Al-Khattar, Aref M. (2003). Religion and terrorism: an interfaith perspective. Westport, CT: Praeger. pp. 21, 30.
Al-Khattar, Aref M. (2003). Religion and terrorism: an interfaith perspective. Westport, CT: Praeger. pp. 21, 30, 55, 91.
Michael, Robert, and Philip Rosen. Dictionary of antisemitism from the earliest times to the present. Lanham, Maryland, USA: Scarecrow Press, 1997 p. 267.
Wade, Wyn Craig (1998). The fiery cross: the Ku Klux Klan in America. USA: Oxford University Press. p. 185. ISBN 9780195123579. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
Frederick Clarkson (2 December 2002). "Kopp Lays Groundwork to Justify Murdering Abortion Provider Slepian". National Organization for Women.
Laurie Goodstein and Pierre Thomas (17 January 1995). "Clinic Killings Follow Years of Antiabortion Violence". Washington Post.
"'Army Of God' Anthrax Threats". CBS News. 9 November 2001.
Bruce Hoffman (1998). Inside Terrorism. Columbia University Press. ISBN 0-231-11468-0.
"Apocalyptic Christians detained in Israel for alleged violence plot". CNN. 3 January 1999.[dead link]
"Cult members deported from Israel". BBC News. 9 January 1999. Retrieved 2 January 2010.
"George Tiller's killer has no regrets, doesn't ask for forgiveness". Houston Belief. 9 February 1999. Retrieved 28 February 2010.
Davey, Monica (28 January 2010). "Doctor’s Killer Puts Abortion on the Stand". New York Times. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
Leach, David. "Defensive Action Statement (3rd Edition)". Retrieved 27 October 2013.
Cooperman, Alan (2 June 2003). "Is Terrorism Tied To Christian Sect? Religion May Have Motivated Bombing: Suspect". Washington Post. Retrieved 10 August 2011. "'Based on what we know of Rudolph so far, and admittedly it's fragmentary, there seems to be a fairly high likelihood that he can legitimately be called a Christian terrorist,' said Michael Barkun, a professor of political science at Syracuse University who has been a consultant to the FBI on Christian extremist groups."
"US 'Christian militants' charged after FBI raids". BBC. 30 March 2010. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
"Defense lawyers hail Hutaree acquittals as free speech victory | Detroit Free Press". freep.com. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
Al-Khattar, Aref M. (2003). Religion and terrorism: an interfaith perspective. Westport, CT: Praeger. pp. 21, 30. ISBN 9780275969233.
Mark S. Hamm (2001). In Bad Company: America's Terrorist Underground. Northeastern. ISBN 1-55553-492-9.
James Alfred Aho (1995). The Politics of Righteousness: Idaho Christian Patriotism. University of Washington Press. p. 86. ISBN 0-295-97494-X.
Alan Cooperman (2 June 2003). "Is Terrorism Tied To Christian Sect?". Washington Post.
Martin Schönteich and Henri Boshoff (2003). 'Volk' Faith and Fatherland: The Security Threat Posed by the White Right. Pretoria, South Africa, Institute for Security Studies. ISBN 1-919913-30-0.

Bibliography

Mason, Carol. 2002. Killing for Life: The Apocalyptic Narrative of Pro-Life Politics. Ithaca: Cornell University Press.
Zeskind, Leonard. 1987. The ‘Christian Identity’ Movement, [booklet]. Atlanta, Georgia: Center for Democratic Renewal/Division of Church and Society, National Council of Churches.
Al-Khattar, Aref M. Religion and terrorism: an interfaith perspective. Greenwood. January 2003. ISBN 978-0-275-96923-3

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/christian_terrorist_organizations.htm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 11:16 am
@coldjoint,
Look at Muslim doctrine, pinky. Quit taking your "understanding" of Islam from Fox and RW bloggers.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 27 Sep, 2014 11:18 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Look at the Christian doctrine. You are a fool, and really not worth one pixel.

You might try putting me on ignore, twit. I put you on ignore when you were posting as buttcheeks or whatever it was you were using.
0 Replies