panzade

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 04:35 pm
@ehBeth,
It's not that you don't trust Baldimo, Beth...it's just that you don't believe him. Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 04:36 pm
@ehBeth,
We elected the most liberal president palatable to the most people.
It is what it is.
coldjoint

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 04:38 pm
Quote:
On Wednesday Fox News reported that House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa threatened to hold the IRS commissioner in contempt of Congress if he didn’t hand over emails from Lois Lerner and other IRS officials.

So far none of the Big Three (ABC, CBS, NBC) network evening or morning shows have mentioned the latest development in the ongoing investigation of the IRS targeting Tea Party groups.

http://www.mrc.org/biasalerts/big-three-blackout-no-mention-issa-threatening-contempt-charges-irs-chief
What is like when supposed journalists do not report what they do not want you to hear? I would call it Orwellian.
ehBeth

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 04:46 pm
@coldjoint,
try googling Issa

you'll find coverage of that stroy all over the major and minor US news sites - CNN/ABC/NBC/MSNBC/CBS/Huff Post/CSM/NYT/Fox ... the only 'big'one I couldn't find coverage on right away was the WSJ

someone needs to give the biasalerts folks some tips on how to use google (and then they can use google alerts to keep themselves updated)

ehBeth

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 04:48 pm
@panzade,
He's not liberal in any way imaginable. Right of centre just isn't liberal.

I guess you could maybe refer to him as closest to the centre as the alternative was further to the right end of the political spectrum (which oddly enough is on the left side of the scale ... weird that)
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 04:52 pm
@ehBeth,
The internet is not network TV.
ehBeth

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 04:54 pm
@coldjoint,
You can google it yourself - it's on the networks if you want to watch 114 little clips (full disclosure - I watched 4, 3.5 more than I needed to get bored)

It's there.
coldjoint

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 04:58 pm
Quote:
Wow: Alabama mom writes an amazing open letter to Obama and the American people about Obamacare

Real people here. Not high minded jerks trying to rule their subjects and shove their idea of what is good for you down your throat.
Quote:

I have never been treated so poorly by any insurance company in my whole life. I have never experienced such terrible customer service in all my years on this earth. I can’t imagine how long a company would last in this country if they followed the same protocol as the ACA/Health Insurance Marketplace does. Most companies can fix a glitch in their systems pretty easily, or can connect you to someone who can. Not the ACA/ Health Insurance Marketplace, you spend all that time on hold to just be told, so sorry but you have to wait for someone to get back to you in a 90 day time span.

What is the most sickening thing to me is that we have been forced into the Health Insurance Marketplace’s Exchange. We wanted to continue our coverage through BSBC and pay as we always had been. But, we found out that option would not be affordable under the new Act, which is how we were forced into the Exchange. Furthermore, not only were we forced into the Exchange, but then forced again to submit an application to ALL Kids for our children. I just don’t understand how we go from being hard working middle class family who provides everything for our family to where we are today. I feel like everything that my husband and I have worked hard for is for nothing. I pray each night that we will get something resolved with our “glitch” in the system so our children will have health insurance coverage in January and by the time I have to purchase my son’s $400 a month ADHD medicine.

http://youngcons.com/wow-alabama-mom-writes-an-amazing-open-letter-to-obama-and-the-american-people-about-obamacare/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 05:00 pm
@ehBeth,
http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/bang.gif
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 05:22 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
If I had universal health care, my taxes would have doubled.

You pay the same rate of tax as me.

I understand exactly how it works. Clinton balanced the books, Bush gave massive tax breaks to the wealthy, and then borrowed a load of money from the Chinese to fund two wars, one wholly illegal and unjustified. Laissez faire regulations implemented by Reagan allowed the bankers to screw up the system and when the **** hit the fan you had to borrow even more money from the Chinese.

I wouldn't mind so much if you Republicans just fucked up America, but due to the global nature of economics you screwed it up for the rest of us as well.

coldjoint

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 05:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
but due to the global nature of economics you screwed it up for the rest of us as well.

The UK is a nanny state. You screwed it up for yourselves.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 05:41 pm
http://generatunity.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ExtensionBlog-600x305.jpg
mysteryman

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 05:48 pm
Let me change the subject for a minute.
Many of you are saying that Hillary will win in 2016, that she beats any repub in generic polls, etc.

Its like you already have her becoming the next President.

Now, the last I heard, she hadnt even decided she was going to run.
So that begs the question...what are you going to do if she doesnt run?
Who gets the dem nod then?
anonymously99

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 05:50 pm
@mysteryman,
Thought Arnold was running. I'm not sure of who wouldn't like the thought of a bodybuilder running our country.

There are so many negative things about Obama I'm not sure he will be re elected.

I'm not sure of the country's view of a woman running our country.
Baldimo

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 05:51 pm
@izzythepush,
I hardly think you pay the same rate I do. I'll let you know exactly what it is when I complete my taxes for the year tomorrow. Clinton only had a yearly surplus, he still added to the national debt. Plus when did Clinton get those surpluses? See this is where you guys stop being honest. He didn't have the surplus until after the GOP took control of Congress. It was the bi-partisan budgets that were passed, the agreements with the GOP that made it happen. The way you guys pick and choose how to credit some and bash others astounds me.

You skip from Reagan and the bankers to Bush and the bankers, but fail to realize who voted on and passed the bank bailouts? Sure a president signs laws, but they have to be voted on and passed by someone. If we wouldn't have passed the bailout we would have saved a lot of money and been in a better position now.
cicerone imposter

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 05:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Precise and accurate observation about the US and world economy.

Thanks for reinforcing my confidence that there are some who really understands the who's and why's of the Great Recession and its impact on almost every living human on this planet.
anonymously99

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 06:00 pm
@coldjoint,
Coldjoint. Instead of being persistently negative with one major thing, why don't you find one major thing to be positive about and be persistent with it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Precise and accurate observation about the US and world economy.

http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/rofl1.gifhttp://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/lolol.gif
0 Replies

panzade

@mysteryman,
I sincerely believe it's too early to tell who will be running MM
panzade

Fri 28 Mar, 2014 06:07 pm
Kerri Kinder who wrote that blog from Alabama has posted a PS.
Quote:
I do have some good news.

Because I decided to write my letter and speak out, people stepped up and helped us. We were contacted on January 1, 2014 by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. I was told by the woman I spoke with that she had read my letter and wanted to get her team involved and see what they could do to help us.
I recounted to her what was happening and that I had been advised to go ahead and sign me and my husband up for a plan on healthcare.gov. We went with a lower cost plan because it was going to just be the two of us. We had no idea what it was going to cost for the children once we got some answers. So we went with BCBS Blue Value Saver plan. The cost of the plan is $459.19.
We qualified for $255.00 in subsidies so the final cost of the plan to us is $204.19 each month. I told the lady that I would cancel that plan if I needed to. What we wanted was to have all of us on one plan like we always have been. She said, "If the kids qualify for All Kids then I am pretty sure they have to go that route or you will have to buy them a plan at the normal rate."

So again we were told more than likely we will have to go through All Kids. She took the rest of our information down and said she was getting her team to work on it and would either call us back or All Kids would contact us.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/kinder.asp#5EG6080gxqCSPYoj.99