wmwcjr

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:34 am
@coldjoint,
If most leading conservatives hadn't consistently defended segregation for decades, perhaps they would be perceived differently by more minority individuals today. Embracing the likes of Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms did not help conservatives in that regard. When David Duke was elected to the Louisiana House of Representatives, Newt Gingrich actually said that if Duke simply watched what he publicly said for a few years, he would be welcomed into the Republican Party. The recent ruling by the Republican majority on the SCOTUS to eviscerate the Voting Rights Act -- which, incidentally, is not related to welfare dependency (a legitimate issue) in any way, shape, or form -- didn't help, either. I could go on and on.

This country needs a third political party that would deal with the problem of welfare dependency while continuing to protect hard-fought gains in civil rights, but that simply isn't going to happen. In other words, unfortunately, we're stuck with the "same old, same old."

Just to remind you: No, I'm not a liberal. I'm not a conservative, either. I also live in a state -- namely, Texas -- that is a one-party state. That means that in most instances voting is a waste of time. Of course, it could also be argued that my participation in never-ending political threads (such as this one) is a waste of time! (I'm say that as a putdown of myself.) Laughing Nothing is accomplished.
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:44 am
Bill Maher attacks Noah's Ark story
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/15/1284956/-Bill-Maher-attacks-Noah-s-Ark-story?detail=facebook

Do the republicans properly reflect the Noah story of a man who foresaw global weather changes and did something about it?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

@coldjoint,
rec coldjoint:

wrong agian on climate change, coldjoint, and that figure that onjly 36% of the public believes climate change is happening is flat horsepucky and a total misreading of what that poll ACTUALLY says. 68% of the public, in that same poll, thinks global warming is either happening now or will be happening within their lifetimes. The 36% figue is only those who think there will be serios effedts WITHIN THEIRT li
0 Replies

MontereyJack

@coldjoint,
rec coldjoint:

wrong agian on climate change, coldjoint, and that figure that onjly 36% of the public believes climate change is happening is flat horsepucky and a total misreading of what that poll ACTUALLY says. 68% of the public, in that same poll, thinks global warming is either happening now or will be happening within their lifetimes. The 36% figue is only those who think there will be serios effedts WITHIN THEIRT li
wmwcjr

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:49 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
This is a Liberal thread on a forum. Nothing more.

You have a point. I understand and appreciate your need for encouragement from like-minded fellows. (Incidentally, you should check out www.democraticundergroud.com .) I have the same need regarding certain issues of a nonpolitical nature. Atheists have a forum of their own. Although I'm not an atheist, I can appreciate that. Freedom of speech and all that stuff.

But as Setanta has pointed out, interlopers will post where they please. (Okay, those aren't his exact words.)

All I was saying to coldjoint is that A2K is not an exclusive website. It truly is a sounding board open to just about everyone. In other words, any "bias" is simply determined by the ideological inclinations of the majority of the members.

Gotta go now. Real life beckons.
coldjoint

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:52 am
@MontereyJack,
Wow you had to tell me twice. All of it is just a distraction to get you suck puppies off on another tangent. Anything but Obamacare and the terrible economy, and his obvious weakness on the world stage.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:53 am
@coldjoint,
rec coldjoint:

wrong agian on climate change, coldjoint, and that figure that onjly 36% of the public believes climate change is happening is flat horsepucky and a total misreading of what that poll ACTUALLY says. 68% of the public, in that same poll, thinks global warming is either happening now or will be happening within their lifetimes. The 36% figure is only those who think there will be serios effects WITHIN THEIRT LIFETIMES, a totally different question. Iit's happening now, as the science clearly shows, but I KNOW I'm not going to be around for the serious effects because I'll die before then. Happens that way when you get old. And that's pretty much what the science actually does show. Starts getting really serious the second half of this century Which I definitely will not live to see, so, no, it won't get serious WITHIN MY LIFETIME. b
But it WILL get serious.But for the sake of the kids that'll be alive then, we should be doing something about it now. The more you right-wingers ignore the obvious science and the signs we see now, the worse our kids and gradnkids will have it. People are going to be cursing your memory in a few decades, if you keep spreading the crap you love so much, cjoint.
izzythepush

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:55 am
@MontereyJack,
Global warming is scientifically proven but still people don't believe in it, unlike God, whose existence has never been proven, but people still insist on believing in him.
coldjoint

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:55 am
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
In other words, any "bias" is simply determined by the ideological inclinations of the majority of the members.

Same ****, different day. Thanks for your input.
coldjoint

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:58 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
But for the sake of the kids that'll be alive then, we should be doing something about it now.

For the sake of the kids stop supporting an agenda that cares nothing about personal liberty and choice.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 11:58 am
there is some key on the keyboard, which, if you hit it inadvertently while composing a post, posts it before you're ready. Don't know what it is, but I'm prone to hit it, which is why you got the short form above. The problem is, coldjoint, that you lie about Obama on so many fronts, so consistently, that threads with your lies on them tend to jump around from topic to topic. You're losing on Obamacare, you're losing on climate change. Sorry, those are the facts.
MontereyJack

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:00 pm
re coldjoint
And I should support your agenda, which cares nothing about personal liberty or choice, instead?
coldjoint

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
You're losing on Obamacare, you're losing on climate change.

http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/rofl1.gif
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:03 pm
you'd still rather booze it up rather than live outside your memes and actually face the facts, I see, coldjoint. (you might stop misquoting the polls while you're at it, but clearly that's too much to expect of you).
coldjoint

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
cares nothing about personal liberty or choice, instead?

How can you say that? Show me where anything I have said that says that.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Global warming is scientifically proven

Bullshit.
MontereyJack

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:06 pm
you made the charge. show me where anything i've said does.
MontereyJack

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:07 pm
look at the FACTS on global warming. read the actual science.
coldjoint

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
you'd still rather booze it up rather than live outside your memes and actually face the facts, I

And you would rather go after my character than face facts. I don't drink. Making things up is your presidents job.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 12:09 pm
then stop using the stupid emoticons. i don't drink either.