parados

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 11:49 am
@coldjoint,
The Pink Prevaricator wrote:

Keep wondering.

I guess I should wonder if you can read at all.
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 11:51 am
@coldjoint,
Nice self portrait, cj, but you have your head firmly inserted in your rectum, from which your minders feed you your daily nourishment.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 11:57 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Most of the mocking comes from the right.

Give me one example.

Pick one out yourself. You write plenty of them.
coldjoint

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 12:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

I am not the media or a politician, or does your world only include this forum?

I have told you that your actions and comments are those of a sycophant. Now you just demonstrated you have a hard time with even that.
Frank Apisa

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 12:22 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

I am not the media or a politician, or does your world only include this forum?

No, you are not the media. But you are of the far right...and you post many, many mocking comments.

Pick one of 'em out.

Quote:
I have told you that your actions and comments are those of a sycophant.

Yes, you have a large need to be insulting...and almost a lack of need for truth...so you have indeed told me that.

Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Now you just demonstrated you have a hard time with even that.[/color]

Not sure what that is supposed to mean, CJ. You are, to me, a delight. You do more damage to your cause than many of your most determined opponents.

I have no hard time with what you do...or say, on those occasions where what you say is coherent enough to understand.
coldjoint

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 02:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Same ****, different day.

http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/blah.gif
Frank Apisa

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 02:53 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Same ****, different day.

http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/blah.gif

As I said...you are a delight.

Also as I said...you do more damage to your message than your opponents.

Keep up the good work.

I'm rooting for ya. Wink
wmwcjr

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 02:59 pm
I would like to publicly apologize for calling Baldimo and Coldjoint jerks. I hardly ever engage in name-calling in real life. It goes against my profession. But if an issue is close to my heart, I'm likely to lose my temper online. (The issue may not even be of a political or ideological nature.) Undeniably, it's a failing of mine. Sad I also was clearly out of line when I wrote the following hateful comment:

Quote:
Both of you guys disgust me.

I know neither of you personally: so, I shouldn't make such a statement online. I shouldn't be hateful to people. It's not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. Again, I just lost my temper.

My intention is not to undercut Coldjoint's and Baldimo's online opponents (for lack of a better word). I'm not retracting any of the political comments I made in my post.

One of the reasons I lost my temper is because many leading conservatives seem intent upon rewriting history, especially with their sorry past record on civil rights. To cite a very prominent example: The late William F. Buckley Jr. was the intellectual leader of the so-called "modern conservative movement." He had a long record of opposing the civil rights movement going all the way back to 1954, when he condemned the landmark Supreme Court ruling in Brown vs Board of Education. He not only opposed every civil rights bill that was ever introduced in Congress (except, perhaps, for some obscure bill that was weak), but also condemned every Federal Court and Supreme Court ruling against discrimination directed against black Americans (not to mention Jews and others). I'm not saying Buckley was necessarily a racist, but he did seek to accomodate segregationists. (However, I had considerable respect and even occasional admiration for Mr. Buckley on other counts.) In my view, if the leading conservatives had had their way from the late 1940s through the 1970s, we would still have Jim Crow today.

Getting back to rewriting history: The Religious Right historian David Barton (who is Mike Hucklebee's favorite historian, by the way) has foolishly tried to tie the Ku Klux Klan of the Democratic Party of today, which is got to be absolutely ridiculous. Of course, Barton probably is averse to owning up to the religious rationale that was provided for racial discrimination against nonwhites (the supposed "curse of Ham," for example, which is a clear perversion of scripture). (By the way, guys, I'm speaking as a Christian who is opposed to the false doctrine of religious white racism.) As I've said before, the Ku Klux Klan is and always has been a politically conservative group. By the way, Ralph Reed (the founder of Christian Coalition, a conservative group) made the following statement in his book Politically Incorrect:

Ralph Reed wrote:
George Wallace and the Ku Klux Klan did not come from the political left.

Rush Limbaugh has recently claimed that the 1964 Civil Rights Act never would have passed without the support of Republicans. What he deliberately fails to mention is that almost all of these Republican Senators were moderate to liberals; in other words, Rockefeller Republicans -- who were despised by the likes of Barry Goldwater, William Buckley, Phyllis Schafly, Ronald Reagan, Pat Buchanan, etc. These Republicans would be called DINOs today. They especially would have been detested by Limbaugh himself. On the other hand, conservative Republican Senators such as Barry Goldwater and John Tower, among others of their ilk, voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Instead of admitting that the conservative movement was on the wrong side of a moral issue, Limbaugh and so many others of his ilk (including Ann Coulter) refuse to own up to their own record, even if they have to engage in intellectual dishonesty and resort to the Big Lie technique.

Yes, the political right has an absolutely deplorable history on the issue of civil rights. The John Birch Society accused the civil rights movement of not being a protest movement against social injustice, but of being a Communist plot. They accused Martin Luther King Jr. of being a Communist. Incidentally, Ronald Reagan opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the 1965 Voting Rights Act, the 1970 renewal of the Voting Rights Act, and the 1975 renewal. Why he as President finally assented to its renewal in 1982, I have no idea.

I realize there are some individual white conservatives who are not racists, but I've known too many over a period of decades who were. If I as a white person hated blacks, I'd be a political conservative simply on the basis of the civil rights issue.

The civil rights laws were desperately needed. But, on the other hand, at least certain welfare policies seem to have had a negative impact on the black community. I've not studied this issue in depth; but without having read it, I think I'd agree with the 1965 Moynihan Report. Of course, the difference is that Patrick Daniel Moynihan, unlike the conservatives, was not beholden to the segregationists.

It's as if during the 1960s the black community took one large step forward while at the same time taking one large step backward. Yes, as Advocate (who's apparently liberal, by the way), black racism is an issue that sorely needs attention.

One reason Lyndon Johnson was so supportive of welfare was because he was the object of private charity when he was a college student. Without it, he never would have completed his education. So, he figured if it worked for him, then it would work for everyone else. At least that's my understanding.

Sorry this turned out to be one of my mini-essays. I'm not able to support the Democratic Party today because I am pro-life and because I do not support same-sex marriage. Many members of this forum would denounce me as being a bigot simply because I hold to traditional views on marriage (which I believe, in part, are more beneficial to the children because of the male-female dynamics that are a part of the care provided by a mother and a father).

There, that's enough blathering on my part.

If anyone thinks I'm a fool for apologizing to Baldimo and Coldjoint, so be it. It has nothing to do with politics. I have to remain true to my own personal convictions. You may consider me to be a fool or an oddball. (Of course, that's what I am -- an oddball! Drunk Mr. Green ) That's all I have to say. I'm outta here!

coldjoint

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 03:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

That is what you say. I will consider the source. Someone who has no sources.
You are like the kid who joins the fight when it is over.
coldjoint

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 03:08 pm
@wmwcjr,
Absolutely no problem. The honesty is refreshing. Apology is not needed, my skin is pretty thick. It is the left that are the professionally offended.
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 03:53 pm
@coldjoint,
You return with that devastating cj eloquence. Frank is finished!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 03:54 pm
Dynamics of the 08 election:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/icebear46/mousetrap_zpse94c740e.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 03:56 pm
Hope...
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/icebear46/nazi_Hope_zps11f6a249.jpg
0 Replies

panzade

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 04:50 pm
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1899946_10152033550036275_616951545_n.jpg
coldjoint

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 04:52 pm
Quote:
Union Thugs Alert: Goons Threaten to Rape Children of Managers

http://conservativehideout.com/2014/03/09/union-thugs-alert-goons-threaten-to-rape-children/
Democratic supporters, protected by the Democrats. Violence the answer of the left.
Quote:
Just think about it. According to law, threats, extortion, and the like, are all legal for union thugs (at least here in the US). And, the unions, and their democrat cronies, are fighting tooth and nail to keep it going. Because, as we all know, unions are go great, that people have to be forced to accept them!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 04:53 pm
@panzade,
Already posted that trash. Better have a pow wow with Frank. He has plenty of your ideas.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 05:03 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiTB0pvCQAIixGU.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 05:33 pm
@wmwcjr,
The apology to Baldimo and Coldjoin was a class move, Bill.

I applaud you for it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 05:35 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

That is what you say. I will consider the source. Someone who has no sources.
You are like the kid who joins the fight when it is over.

I have been fighting many of these battle for a lot of years, CJ.

And I thank you for doing as much damage you are doing to American conservatism. It sucks...and the more damage done to it, the better. Wink
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sun 9 Mar, 2014 06:11 pm
@coldjoint,
OK, this has gone on long enough.

CJ, I AM a conservative.
Anyone that has ever interacted with me on this forum knows that, I have never hidden that fact.
You are not a conservative in any way that I know.
What you are is someone that wants to spread your BS, and try to disguise it as being of a conservative nature. You are a bigot, with no respect for anyone that disagrees with you and you are guilty of using proven lies to try and support your opinion.
Many of the people you are arguing with are the same people I have disagreed with over the years, but we still can respect each others point of view.

As several people have pointed out, you are doing more harm to the conservative cause than the liberals ever have.
So as a conservative, I am asking you to either change your style of debate to be more respectful, or just SHUT UP!

To the rest of you, know that CJ is not a conservative and he does not represent my views in any way, shape, or form.