Should all or parts of Canada be annexed by the usa

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 May, 2011 10:11 pm
@JTT,
Clearly you consider yourself not only an intellectual, but a "serious" one at that, and yet we have this moronic reply.

Thus sprach JTT :

"Believe me when I recount the sins of America because I, alone among you, have the courage and integrity to speak truth."

"However, sometimes I try to be seen as a sort of regular guy as opposed to a rabid fanatic and I make a funny comment, accompanied by an emoticon, just so you know this time I wasn't being serious."

Yes you are right JTT...I'm a jingoistic American, I love Jonah Goldberg (The filthy Jew!), I'm all for Pax Americana and I like to **** sheep.

Brilliant of you to catch that latter piece.

Good Lord Gregor (aka Marburg; Noam or Some Really Weird Chick), is this really the best you can do?

We know you can vomit anti-American sick. In fact you are the A2K master of such throw up, but can you actually engage in a serious debate?

I don't think so, and neither do most of my A2K colleagues.

You have pissed off just about everyone in this forum and yet you continue to speak truth to power because you, alone, know what is right.

Of course every now and again an asshole arrives who expresses agreement with your screeds, but if you are as smart as you think you are, you know they are idiots and not enlightened ones.

It's pretty amazing how quickly your respond to posts which tells me you are unemployed and not Noam Chomsky.

You are a sad little person, but I suppose your ineffectual diatribes makes you feel that you matter.

Good on you.

JTT

Reply Tue 24 May, 2011 10:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
is this really the best you can do?

Pretty silly reply considering that you're out of the closet for what, a couple of hours, Finn?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 12:46 am
Just extrapolating the basic idea, what if all the English speaking countries formed a central government ? Or even if we narrowed it down to Britain, Canada, USA (do they still speak English there?) , New Zealand and Australia . Later to include South Africa, India, Pakistan, etc...A sort of English Union like the EU .
0 Replies

SimonFarquharson

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 07:42 pm
Seriously people, this is a joke. An idea like this one treats Canada as a backward canoe-fishing aboriginal tribe and the USA as a god among nations: neither of which have any substantial backing other than Redneck lore.
The thought of having Canada "annexed" by the USA is to the Canadians as absurd as the thought of having the USA "annexed" by the UK is to Americans.
I seriously thought this was a joke when I first opened the thread, and was surprised to see actual debate: maybe that's what gives Americans their reputation of "haughty superiority complex" around the world.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 07:45 pm
@talk72000,
errr you've misfired again about Canada

at minimum, you don't understand the political balance at all

in the recent federal election, the majority of the conservative votes came from Ontario

the Quebecois separatist party imploded

~~~~

I don't know why you bother posting about the country at all.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 07:52 pm
@SimonFarquharson,
Of course it 's idiotic, but that doesn't mean it's a joke.

The US doesn't need any more economic basket cases to support, and a Canada that defines itself more in terms of what it is not (The US), than what it is, is not about to accept the largess of their Northern cousins.

The subject is of interest if it forces Canadians to confront their very strange connection to the US. (not that this was the original intent of the thread)

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 07:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Our northern cousins?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 07:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oops...make that Southern Cousins.

Canada's Northern Cousins are caribou and Eskimos.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 07:55 pm
@ehBeth,
Very quick.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 07:56 pm
@SimonFarquharson,
Nah, we all take it as a joke, except maybe the original poster..
but we like to talk anyway.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
My strange connection to the U.S. is Set. Gotta be reasonably quick on the draw.
SimonFarquharson

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
True, perhaps I should have changed my word from "joke" to "idiotic".
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Very quick I would say. You replied while I was typing a post that acknowledged my error. Perhaps I should take that as a compliment?

If your strange connection to America is a connection to Set, than I will answer, yes, it is very strange.

God bless you (and him) never-the-less.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:32 pm
@SimonFarquharson,
Yes
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:35 pm
@ehBeth,
William Davis Conservatives swing both ways. Federally they vote Liberal. However, Ignatieff was the nettle for East Europeans who escaped from Hungary, Czechoslovakia, etc. A Polish friend who normally is Liberal told me he will vote Conservative. I didn't ask him why. He constantly rails against the Russians. I heard bad jokes by Czech targetting Russians.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:37 pm
@SimonFarquharson,
Should we assume you are neither French nor English?
talk72000

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Our northern cousins?

Probably thinking about the reindeers in Finland.
talk72000

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:41 pm
@roger,
'Scotch' as the tall economist Canadian Kenneth Galbraith said to infuriate fellow scotsmen.
roger

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:44 pm
@talk72000,
Bad English is regretable; bad Scotch in inexcuseable.
talk72000

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 08:46 pm
@roger,
Mr. Green Drunk
0 Replies