AFTER THE RAPTURE . . .

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 06:09 am
After the god squad floats off into the sky, what are your plans? Party? Ransacking abandoned houses? Hot-wiring abandoned cars?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 22 • Views: 5,686 • Replies: 72

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 06:11 am
@Setanta,
Some of my FB pals have an after-party planned.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 06:48 am
@Setanta,
To take over the world and place you in the stockade, then have you covered with chocolate sauce and crushed Dorito's and stand back (laughing maniacally of course) while the unsaved hoardes have their way with you...

...move into a nicely abandoned church....

...wander the streets completely naked (and mildly insane)...

...break all the windows at the stores that I never liked...

...fill the tub with water and let it overflow...

...scrawl my name with red paint all over the city...

...destroy all Starbucks coffee places...

...sew the lips shut of all the remaining politicians...what am I saying? All the politicians will still be here (and powerless)...

...( things to be determined )....

...or maybe I'll read a book.

jespah

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 06:51 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
......wander the streets completely naked (and mildly insane)......

What if one does this already?
Sturgis

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 06:55 am
@jespah,
Then then of course continue; but, there'll no longer be problems or threats of arrest or being sent to a psychiatric institution (or to an extended stay with family).
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 07:16 am
Note to the Elect:
Please appoint a designated depraved driver.
Thank you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 08:15 am
@Setanta,
What makes you assume I'll be here?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 08:16 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Sturgis wrote:
......wander the streets completely naked (and mildly insane)......

What if one does this already?

Then I hope one gets bloody well raptured.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 08:56 am
I doubt this will ever happen, so if it DID happen, I would have a lot to think about. Probaly the first thing I would do would be reconstruct my idea of how the world works.
farmerman

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 10:38 am
@manored,
All the "rapture" guys are now gtting their plane tickets to go abroad and just disappear as if theyve been swept up. The math is not good. The rapture ratio is 144000 : 6,300,000,000. Almost like hitting the lottery. I wanna be so free of these smug rapture douche bags anyway.

0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 11:29 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Hot-wiring abandoned cars?

Does anyone know if Air Force One is hotwirable? Go big or go home!
Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 11:42 am
@Irishk,
Party til we crash it?
Irishk

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 12:37 pm
@Setanta,
We'll bring the margaritas! Wouldn't be against a sidetrip to Vegas, either -- may as well partay with the pros!
farmerman

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 01:46 pm
@Irishk,
This just in:::
I was listening to a PBS news show from Philly. They were discussing the "rapture", "END TIMES" and the end of the world.
Apparently, the dude who did all the back calculating to arrive at tomorrows date, based everything upon the putative date of "THE FLOOD". So, I better get my LAmborghini back to the lot and claim its not the right color.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 02:36 pm
http://itodyaso.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/9uwwa.jpg
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 02:49 pm
HE'S COMING.

http://homepage.mac.com/yingloon/images/auntiechrist.jpg
Irishk

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 02:58 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
...based everything upon the putative date of "THE FLOOD".

I can see how that would get one's attention. So...I'm guessing drinks for everyone on your credit card won't be happening this go-round.

BTW...he's set the next date (in case this one fizzles) as Oct. 21.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 03:28 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Is that Johnny Depp again?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 04:03 pm
I plan to get out my binoculars to see if I can spot any of the six planets that are supposed to be within close alignment with the moon during the following weeks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42805442/ns/technology_and_science-space/

Quote:
By Geoff Gaherty, Starry Night Education
updated 4/28/2011 4:57:03 PM ET

If you get up any morning for the next few weeks, you’ll be treated to the sight of all the planets except Saturn arrayed along the ecliptic, the path of the sun through the sky.

For the last two months, almost all the planets have been hiding behind the sun, but this week they all emerge and are arrayed in a grand line above the rising sun. Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter are visible, and you can add Uranus and Neptune to your count if you have binoculars or a small telescope.

This sky map of the six planets shows how they should appear at dawn to observers with clear weather and an unobstructed view.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/sixplanets.grid-6x2.jpg

Astrologers have always been fascinated by planetary alignments, and the doomsayers of 2012 have been prophesying a mystical alignment on Dec. 21, 2012.

The modern tools of astronomers, such as planetarium software, show otherwise: absolutely no alignment at any time in 2012. But they also reveal a beautiful alignment visible during the month of May this year.

Six planets at one time

While astrologers view planetary alignments as foretellers of disasters, modern amateur astronomers look forward to them as nothing more than grand photo ops.

If you go out any morning for the next four days, you’ll be treated to a view of the crescent moon and all but one of the naked eye planets.

Because the moon moves rapidly from one morning to the next, it will only be part of the lineup for the next four mornings, but the four naked-eye planets will be there for the next few weeks.

Venus is, as always, the brightest and most visible of the planets, and it can be your guide to spotting the others. About half way between Venus and the rising sun is Jupiter, the second brightest planet.

Mars will be a tiny speck just above Jupiter, and Mercury another tiny speck about half way between Jupiter and Venus. Uranus is slightly more than one binocular field above and to the right of Venus, and Neptune is much farther to the right, about 40 degrees away in Aquarius. The Moon will be just above Venus on Saturday morning, and just above Jupiter and Mars on Sunday morning.

How to photograph the planets

Capturing a photograph of this gathering of the planets couldn’t be easier.

Just about any camera will do, though a camera with a telephoto lens setting will be better. Let the camera’s exposure meter be your guide, though a slight underexposure will help bring out the colors of the dawn sky. [ Astrophotography Telescopes for Beginners ]

Try to place the silhouette of some foreground object to lend depth to the scene. The best pictures will be on the next few mornings, while the crescent moon is part of the grouping.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 04:19 pm
This would certainly be a great time for some hacker to have implanted a virus in the world's computers that will emit a pop-up message at 6pm local time around the world.

What would you want the hacked message to read?

Quote:
6:00 p.m.
Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil GOTCHA! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies