AFTER THE RAPTURE . . .

boomerang

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 06:20 pm
http://chzdailywhat.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/bc1385d9-5628-4cd3-b810-89515b708c16.jpg
margo

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 07:55 pm
@boomerang,
Laughing Cool Twisted Evil
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 10:13 pm
@Setanta,
Thoughts on the Rapture.

Oh well, as the good Lord must have surely once said, "When I give you folks lemons, make lemonade." For instance, when the God-loving, good-loving religious folk come a' knocking on the door or accost you at the mall, talking religion, find the goodness and the lesson to be learned. There must surely be a silver lining in it. Say, for instance when I saw that sign on the highway the other day "The Rapture...Are you Ready?”

Well, frankly I had not been thinking along those lines lately, but it got me thinking about the wonderful effect that this kind of thing could bring to the economy. It seems nobody quite knows who is going to the Rapture. I hear that God has sealed the invitations. No Price Waterhouse accountants involved, at all.

So, since nobody knows who is getting the invitation, best we all consider our selves to be invited to the party, the Rapture. Therefore, we should not only be on our best behavior, but clean and freshly bathed and in our best underwear too. I figure that since the Rapture is about bodily plucking a bunch of us up into heaven, no death being required in this case, and no funeral clothes either, we should all have recently showered and wear clean underwear. I'm thinking about 3 showers a day should do the trick for Saint Pete to smile upon me at the Gates of Heaven. I really do not think any one of us would want to smell bad and be wearing dirty drawers at the Pearly Gates (although there are quite a few folks who if they suddenly found themselves there, would mess their drawers in surprise).

Also, from the very best info I could find on the Fox Network, and at the web site Rapture Brigade.com, there is a high probability that the suicidal “Heaven's Gate” crowd a few years back was onto something about the general attire. So sneakers are a must, as are black nylon windbreakers, but I intend to take my own chances about that neutering thing they mentioned as a membership feature. My only fear is that during the Rapture God mistakes a couple of FBI agents dressed the same way I will be on that day, and they might nab my seat to the party, the Rapture.

So, you can see that if people buy more bath soap, deodorant, perfume, and sneakers, then companies sell more, employ more and everybody gets a job. The same thing can be said also for underwear sales and those black nylon jackets. It can only boost the country. All this increase in GNP can happen simply because of the party, the Rapture.

It seems to me, if all these religion things get people to be cleaner (because of showers and the clean underwear), are healthier and more comfortable (because they are bathing regularly and wearing sneakers), acquire a sense of style (black is classic couture), and helps our economy, well then bring on the Ole' Time Religion. If it's good enough for Christmas, it’s good enough for the Rapture.

Time now to shower again, change my shorts, slip on a nylon windbreaker, sip some fresh lemonade, and look to the skies.

kuvasz written, @ 2001
Setanta

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 03:06 am
@kuvasz,
So, you're sayin' this is not the first end of days you've been through . . .
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:45 am
I think, maybe i just witnessed two rapture's!
I asked my son to wash the car & my daughter to walk the dog
and they just vanished, one minute they were there and the next........

God must be dumbing down Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 05:46 am
ok - so this'll probably have to be on a rolling time zone thing eh

so how did it go in Australia - was it good for everyone?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 06:59 am
@ehBeth,
They're probably passing out the cigarettes now..
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 07:05 am
@ehBeth,
Nearly over here...so far so good, as I said on some other Rapture thread....still, I guess the Rapture goes on Jerusalem time...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 08:15 am
My wife and I would have really big breakfast of sausages, pancakes, scrambled eggs, coffee and strawberries for dessert.

Then we'd walk around the lake.

Then we'd have a hot, wild, passionate, mind-blowing, sexual romp.

Then we'd have an early afternoon snooze.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 08:16 am
@boomerang,
i put that photo on my facebook page.
I bet you, some of m friends would do JUST that. If I knew someone who had helium..... hahaa Smile
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 08:18 am
Excuse me I had to sneeze.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 08:25 am
Just as I always thought.

Heaven is a place on earth

so is hell

0 Replies

manored

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 08:49 am
I wonder if there is anything that causes more collective dissapointment than end of the worlds/raptures.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 08:51 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
So, you're sayin' this is not the first end of days you've been through . . .

nope but on the other hand my personal hygiene has improved.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:02 pm
<tap tap tap>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:05 pm
Maybe it was supposed to happen 6pm West coast time?
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:17 pm
@littlek,

it happened... but only to this one dude...

http://thebruceblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/rapture-suit.jpg
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:18 pm
so the rapture is going to be a bunch of naked people floating in the sky?

right on..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:27 pm
George Takei tweeted:

Quote:
Today's Rapture postponed as Jesus awaits announcement of surprise guest on final Oprah. Savior "hopeful" but "okay with it" if not picked.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:40 pm
quiet here so far...
0 Replies