MY CHICKENS ESCAPED

izzythepush

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 05:44 pm
@farmerman,
Farmerman says
Calliecat is a Maine Coon

I never even knew that breed of cat existed. You've given me another first. That's two in one week. Thank you. I've just got a couple of common or garden moggies, a white and a tabby.
farmerman

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 05:50 pm
@dadpad,
I have a feeling that you are all taking this too lightly. we are scheduled toleave town for a business/sightseeing trip early tomorrow and Ive told the person who is gonna feed all the animals that we may have some errant fowl in the big house and we have to make sure that the cat doesnt get em.
Im still hunting and theres not a goddam clue where the little bastards went.
roger

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 05:53 pm
@farmerman,
Well, what do you expect your critter sitter to do, sit up and guard two invisible chicks all day and night. When you come home, expect a few downey feathers.
farmerman

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 05:55 pm
@roger,
Ive "incentivized" our person. She is a vet student and is very clever .Also animals trust her (unlike me, --- from whom they run in fear)
roger

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 05:56 pm
@farmerman,
Have you tried shaving off the Colonel Sanders facial furnishings?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 07:29 pm
@farmerman,
I'm assuming you found the missing chickens already.

My theory: the original contention behind this thread can easily be the premise of a single episode of a prime time sitcom.

Almost six hours have passed but sitcoms tend to be 22 minutes long.
My conclusion: 30 minutes (commercials included) after the original posting, means you must have found resolution. Resolution: chickens have been found.

UNLESS: The lost chickens will be a comedic thread that runs through the entire Farmerman season.

Either way... comic antics are ensuing.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 07:37 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
MY CHICKENS ESCAPED
When I first read that headline I thought it was euphemism for "I've lost my marbles".
roger

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 07:59 pm
@rosborne979,
God how I wish I had thought of that.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 7 May, 2011 08:28 pm
@farmerman,
Blame it on [next country that needs to be raped and pillaged] and I'm sure that you can whip the citizenry into the froth needed for such a venture, Farmer.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 12:35 am
@izzythepush,
Don't they always come home to roost?
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 03:21 am
@dlowan,
call in General Gao's chicken, or if worst comes to worst, the Kung Pao chicken. Those will sort them out.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 05:26 am
@dlowan,
I found them, never mind. We are getting ready to leave for the airport and they just appeared in the dining room like they were waiting for breakfast. SO I loaded em up and put em oput with the 22 others. I have no idea how they were able to hide away for so long and not even the cat and the dogs could find em.

I hope they dont develop an attitude that, when they start laying eggs, they shall make us hunt their eggs down.

These chickens are Aracuanas , the kind that lay multicolored eggs. Weve had experience with this breed before and they are generally mild mannered little guys and they are great at acculturation with humans.
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 05:38 am
@izzythepush,
A MAine Coon is a "Gentle Giant". THey can often reach 25 to 30 pounds. Heres one guys Coon cat. As you can see, they treat all handling with either
1indifference or
2affection.

They are just big lovable doofii who love to be with people. Ours is a female who is only 12 pounds and she' s;like a roach. SHe needs some kind of human contact with her fur at all times. SO she will just pick a lap at random and lay down on it.
BUT, she is a fearsome hunter of mousies. The animal shelters in MAine are often loaded with Coon Kittens and , while show quality cats can run up to 1000$, the ones we get at shelters in CAlais Maine only coat the fees for adoption and her shots(the town of Calais is the origin of her name CAlliecat)

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/cats/61979d1272458635-maine-coon-cat-ny-maine-coon3.jpg

Its always a big fight to keep Coon CAts trim. They can turn into such couch potatoes if they are just kept too well fed.
Eorl

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:20 am
@farmerman,
Was there plenty of iron in their feed?

'Cause then all you need is a big chick magnet.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:24 am
@farmerman,
Thank you
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 03:15 pm
@farmerman,
I guess you'll have to cross that road if you come to it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 02:12 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I found them

Oh hooray and phew!
So glad they weren't some critter's breakfast!
Quote:
I loaded em up and put em oput with the 22 others.

I love a happy ending. Smile
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 10:59 pm
@msolga,
I got back today and the chickens are all settled in their new place in the barn. It may get cold tonight so theyve all huddled together under the heat lamp.

The world is in order.
msolga

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 11:06 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The world is in order.

Excellent.
Happiness is a bunch of warm, safe chickens. Smile
Rockhead

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 11:41 pm
@farmerman,
I think you have a defective cat...

there'da been nothing but feathers, feet, and knowing smiles left here.
0 Replies