agro-dealers = agriculture-dealers?

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:44 pm

Context:
To date South Africa is the only African country permitting legal planting of GMO crops. In 2003 Burkina Faso authorized GMO trials. In 2005 Kofi Annan’s Ghana drafted bio-safety legislation and key officials expressed their intentions to pursue research into GMO crops. AGRA is being used to create networks of “agro-dealers” across Africa, at first with no mention of GMO seeds or herbicides, in order to have the infrastructure in place to massively introduce GMO.12
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 844 • Replies: 4
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
XXSpadeMasterXX
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2013 03:22 pm
@oristarA,
Yes...= Agricultural dealers...Your link pertains to an organization in Africa called the "Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa"
oristarA

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 12:52 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Yes...= Agricultural dealers...Your link pertains to an organization in Africa called the "Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa"

Thanks.

Does "AGRA is being used to" sound in a negative tone?
roger

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 01:30 am
@oristarA,
My opinion is that that is intended to be a more or less neutral statement of fact. That's only an opinion, of course.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2013 02:36 am
@oristarA,
Yeah, I agree with Roger...I think it is all a personal opinion...Just like the personal belief if that person found Heaven or not...I personally think that you would have to set up an organization to develop land to make Africa a better living environment than many other places in the world....And improve the quality of living...that currently exists there...But I can also understand why people would think that developing land, and taking out trees and such would not be wise...But I would not happen to agree with them, unless this organization is just being ruthless....If they are developing land, to create farms so people can eat and survive, and live longer and healthier....I can't say I think they are wrong, unless they were not doing it responsibly...but that is just my own personal opinion....
0 Replies