If a man claims to be Jesus today, how can you tell if it is true or false?

Fido

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 08:41 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

because if one accepts that psychological relationship with God offered by Jesus, then it is totally open ended... how is this so?

In the sense that going through the formalities get you to fulfill your obligation, but Jesus stepped back to the fundamentals as we know them of the law, the Ten Commandments and the possitive reduction of it as stated below... Some of the sins listed in the ten commandments were purely psychological, coveting, for example, and Jesus clearly recognized that in the mind was were sin began... But in the mind is where salvation begins as well because once the rules of formal conduct of a formal relationship were set aside people could have an informal relationship with God, and all informal relationships have no other end but themselves... And within such a relationship one gives as one is called upon to give and is able... In such an instance the Sameritin was superior to the priestly class whose ministering to the injured would have made necessary their ritual purification, a formality that would have cost them a month's income... The Sameratin, though technically a Jew was not bound by the same social formalities of retual and worship... Jesus said he had fulfilled the law... He had crossed all the formal Ts... What he said of the priestly class was that people should do as they said, which was correct according to the law, but should not do as they do because the law was their reward just as for the rich man making a large donation to the temple... The form can get to be an impediment to salvation just as much as sin, no different in fact because it is practiced out of vanity rather than with a view to something beyond it: The Higher Relationship with God...

Quote:
Second most important commandment: Love EVERYone as you love youself treat others as you would want to be treated? (self explanitory to me)

Most Important: Love God above all things (again self explanitory)

then the deeper you go into the religion the more you are held accountable to follow because you know right from wrong...you have no excuse. And it stated one who doesn't believe then does and only to end up falling in the end and be entangled is worse off then they were in the beginning. a true wolf in sheeps clothing...how is this open ended? these should be the starting point for ANY Christian and the baby steps we take to enrich ourselves with more knowledge...it is not the other way around where Any (human beings) is born with all knowledge...and again not a contradiction because Jesus was more than a man...
I don't offer myself as an expert on any religion or phase of religion... All I know is I don't know... Neither do I wish to put words in the mouth of a historical Jesus, or see him for what he was not... People knew the correct way to behave, but they had in many instances made a money machine out of being priests, and they defended their prerogatives with blood and violence... When Jeruselem was taken by the Romans they shook enough wealth out of that town to build the colloseum, and that was an immense building project... Judea in the days of Jesus was dirt poor... People would sue each other for their tunic for Christ's sake.. Money was a constant theme of the Parables, and yet that single class had most of it, and the whole of the people were forced to squabble over the rest... In three of the Gospel Jesus ends his carreer contesting the money changers on the temple steps... Was it not obvious where those people were getting their money, the money of Judea, which was the only money that could be offered in the temple... The money would go in, and be exchanged for discounted money time and again on the steps so only coin of the kingdom was accepted, and the whole people were made poor... Every body got their cut except the people who needed that wealth for the conduct of their daily lives... It is no different today... The administration of churches gobbles up 95% of every dollar given, and yet it is all called a charity... It is nonsense... If a person has the heart to give he does not need to support some church to do so.. The need is there... Save yourself from your guilt and your grief and save another from his pain in the process... To help others is impossible without the willingness to form relationships with them, but that is the very thing many Christians want to avoid... Sure, give some money and think you are giving it to some one and then wonder why their lives are not improved... Find out how much of every dollar is reaching them... Go and get to know them, and find out what they really need, even when thay may be to find they are beyond help... Go and smell their stink, and wash them, and bind up their wounds, and care for them... Caring is so beyond us; and me too, because it hurts... But that is why Christians are so angry and frustrated... They are asked to care, and they can care not, so they do what they feel is the next best thing which is to give what they care most for: Money, and wonder why it does no good... The money should be just the beginning...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 10:07 am
@Fido,
But that is why Christians are so angry and frustrated... They are asked to care, and they can care not, so they do what they feel is the next best thing which is to give what they care most for: Money, and wonder why it does no good... The money should be just the beginning...

If I am willing to be put through pain for your sake as well as mine because it is ness. for either one of us to go into the pits or both of us to go into the pits and i am willing to do this for the both of us as well as as many others as deemed possible. How then can you say I am angry or frustrated? I never even once in saying I was a TRUE Martyr. said that i was angry or in the least bit upset for feeling the fact i will in my dreams go into the pits and be tormented in order to save people...the shear act of me accepting this job...shows he not only exhists but that i also value human life to the point were i will suffer so that others are free from sufferage....and to me as a TRUE Christian I don't regard for money in the least sense... matter of fact I am not much above poverty...i could care less if i ever have a surpluss or not...and even then it would be devided amongst people who i felt needed more than i...I don't know where you get these ideas as to what a Christian means...I think if you knew a TRUE brother or sister in Christ. you wouldn't be so quick to label all who practice...For I see many who believe other practices and by there shear acts prove they have Christ in them and I see a lot of called Christian who I see are not doing exactly what was taught of in the Christian texts....
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 11:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
That seems to be the typical cop-out for christians; they're a christian in name only, or there are practicing christians who live by the word of god.

All one needs to do is to open your eyes to see that christians have committed some of the worst atrocities against people in history. Even today, the christians of the US are pushing discriminatory legislation that denies equality under our laws. They push for "right to life," and also kill abortion doctors. There is no sanity in christianity - or any religion for that matter.

99% of religious people pray to their gods, and at the same time commit crimes against others. The idea of "love thy neighbor as thyself" is the most hypocritical "teaching" of christianity.

JTT

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 12:06 pm
If a man claims to be Jesus today, how can you tell if it is true or false?

Ask him if you can stick nails thru the holes in his hands and feet.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 12:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
99% of religious people pray to their gods, and at the same time commit crimes against others.

93.4% of statistics are pulled straight out of one's ass.

Quote:
The idea of "love thy neighbor as thyself" is the most hypocritical "teaching" of christianity.

What you mean is that the practicing Christians who do not "love thy neighbor as thyself" are hypocrites, not that the teaching itself is hypocritical.
JTT

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 12:31 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
What you mean is that the practicing Christians who do not "love thy neighbor as thyself" are hypocrites,

Yea, Tico, that's that 99% that CI was talking about. Smile
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 12:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
All one needs to do is to open your eyes to see that christians have committed some of the worst atrocities against people in history. Even today, the christians of the US are pushing discriminatory legislation that denies equality under our laws. They push for "right to life," and also kill abortion doctors. There is no sanity in christianity - or any religion for that matter.

Again all information depicted of how things are going to go down near the end times...what religion has NOT had some figure commite some of the worst atrocities against other people in history? including you beliefs as an Atheist? Are there not murders walking the earth this day who denounce any denomination of God who so to speak give all other Atheistic Agnostic views a bad wrap?? and there is complete sanity in Atheism?? all the info mentioned above proves that if Jesus does exhist why there is a Heaven and a Hell and why some people if not a lot in your eyes will be judged brash for there actions...and why love Thy neighbor as youself is the second most important commandment of all...and so precious because so MANY are NOT doing it...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 12:42 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXS wrote,
Quote:
Again all information depicted of how things are going to go down near the end times...what religion has NOT had some figure commite some of the worst atrocities against other people in history? including you beliefs as an Atheist?

BINGO! There in are all the answers you need; we don't need religion to prove humans are animals capable of all the natural instincts that it entails. Humans build weapons of mass destruction, and most of those countries that develop them are the so-called "religious" ones. Doesn't matter whether it's christianity, muslim, buddhist, hindu, or anything else.

So, quit being a hypocrite about the good religion does for society.
At least, those of us who call themselves atheist, don't go around trying to recruit others into organizations that are as bad as the non-religious.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 01:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
you core concepts have no total fulfillment to believe in...You live your life, your one life. there is no repercutions for doing wrong and no reward for doing good at Any point in ones life...and you don't believe in an afterlife...so if you are suffering, or tormented and atheist. would that make it fair to say you believe you should commit suicide and get it over with so to speak earlier...rather than suffering for no intense greater purpose in the end?...such as in Christianity a true Martyr etc...the main core fulfillment in ANY major religion usually ends with the fact that there is a God...by the experiences I have had it is been shown to me it is Jesus Christ, so that is the one I follow. though i did a great deal of research before and after I was converted and it make the most and complete sense to me...everything stated above=humans setting the stage for the NEED for a savior.

And again no one has given me a physical or scientific definition of a stigmata. why they exhist? what or who has authority to do such things if Jesus isn't alive? and why a stigmata choose to use Jesus in matching wounds in the transformation onto a person's body...etc. if seeing and experiencing is everything...I am perplexed to hear a good scientific or physiological explaination of why miracles namely stigmata's even exhist...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 01:13 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I live this life to the fullest; I don't live for some la-la land that doesn't exist after I'm dead. I'm relatively lucky; I'm now 75 years old, healthy for my age, have seen most of this world, and have friends all over the world. I still travel frequently, and enjoy the experience that it provides.

Heaven and hell is an unknown for me. I asked my wife to spread my cremated ashes in the Pacific Ocean after I die. In that way, I'll continue to "travel" the world.

I don't dream about happiness after death; I'm living it now.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 03:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't dream about happiness after death; I'm living it now.

o.k., then by those remarks they have merit. but is it not possible (we are strictly talking about possibilities now) to then look inward and basically choose from God to either have all that you desire on earth, but either end up in slumber or worse if you take too much and be condemed...or sacrifice your whole life...not really having perfection because you understand your life in this world is with voids...still by God promise you at least rejoice from time to time, showing you he is ALWAYS by you side walking with you. and not taking away a lot from whatever you are alotted from God...so that you are perpetuating your future in Heaven...and if something like this theory does exhist how then can it not perfectly sum up the need for faith? (trust without reservation)? then you can see that by giving and not taking all the time even if you are correct in we are all in slumber after, death. it still was truly a more rightous way to live and a total act of selfishlessness? and if your wrong and Heaven exhists then by showing your total divignation into God fortold promise. it instilled wisdom and not the NEED for faith. But No other way BUT faith to the highest regard (a complete surrenderance) by one to accept and enter into the throne. hence, proving with God all things are possible. and the need for salvation and a Savior?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 03:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The chicken's way out.

Well, you have that right.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 03:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The chicken's way out.

Well, you have that right.

I'd rather be insulted here...not taking but turning the other cheek and offering...rather than go around insulting and taking. with the hope in premise of MAYBE one day ill be right, but even if I am there Will be NO WAY of ever proving it or edifying it because there is no Afterlife in your views...rather than having it the other way around...and then the persecuted are justified in Heaven just my take...also I see no one gave scientific explanation about miracles and stigmata's yet also
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 03:32 pm
You know the party game that asks if you could meet one person from the past, who would it be?

I always answer Jesus, because I figure if he really was God, he couldn't hide it from anyone. Either he would have an auora or his gaze would make you want to fall down on your knees, or his presence would make your wristwatch run wild.

If seemed like a nut or just a nice guy, I figure my believe that he wasn't God would be confirmed.

Now I suppose some of The Faithful will jump in and tell me that God hid his presence in Jesus because he was testing man's faith, but if that was the case, why all of the miracles?

Doesn't it seem a bit unfair that his contemporaries who just happened to be in the same places as him, got the certainty of witnessing miracles, and seeing a blue halo around his head, while the rest of us are forced to go all in on faith alone?

I can believe he was "enlightened;" a holy man like the Buddha, but a human vessel of God? I have trouble with that.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 03:34 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Either you or I misread CI's post.

In my opinion, atheism is "the chicken's way out."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 03:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXS, There's nothing for me to miss; I do everything I wish - within reason. We're not rich, but I can still travel around the world several times a year. I have a very good life compared to the other 90% of humanity.

Having come from a very modest background; we were dirt poor growing up, and what I've had for most of my adult life has been more than I could have dreamed as a child.

Why people waste their time dreaming of a heaven that doesn't exist is the biggest mystery of all time. Nobody has ever reported back from heaven.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And because no one has ever reported back from heaven proves it doesn't exist?
Fido

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:19 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
99% of religious people pray to their gods, and at the same time commit crimes against others.

93.4% of statistics are pulled straight out of one's ass.

Quote:
The idea of "love thy neighbor as thyself" is the most hypocritical "teaching" of christianity.

What you mean is that the practicing Christians who do not "love thy neighbor as thyself" are hypocrites, not that the teaching itself is hypocritical.
Isn't that 92.22%???
Fido

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And because no one has ever reported back from heaven proves it doesn't exist?
That fact is certainly good evidence toward the proof of that point, and the other is that prayers are never answered on this end, so why should they be answered elsewhere???...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 04:43 pm
@Fido,
Sooooo sorry for my exaggeration. Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies