If a man claims to be Jesus today, how can you tell if it is true or false?

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:35 am
If a man on the street corner shouts 'I am Jesus, repent your sins and I will take you to heaven with me', what do you do?

djjd62

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:38 am
@TheEnlightenedOne,
just take my word for it, okay
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:43 am
@djjd62,
I don't know how to tell if a man claiming to be God or Jesus is telling the truth or not, do you?
djjd62

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:56 am
@TheEnlightenedOne,
interesting, i would have expected someone with the name the enlightened one to have better comprehension skills
0 Replies

PHen

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:58 am
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Buy a bottle of water, and tell him to turn it into a truckload of beer. If he refuses, he's bullshitin' you.
chai2

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:59 am
Well duh, because the bible said so.
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:23 am
@chai2,
If the man claiming to be God says I will not provide proof of being God because I don't want to perform a miracle, you just take my word for it, what do I do?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:47 am
Quote:
If a man claims to be Jesus today, how can you tell if it is true or false?

He'll have a birthmark in the shape of Judea on his ass.
thack45

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:51 am
Tell him we already killed god once... and we're not above doing it again.
0 Replies

TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:26 pm
@joefromchicago,
The man god says to you: grab pen and paper and write down everything I say, carefully. "This is the second installment of the new testament and it supersedes everything else that has been written about me, God your Lord. Write it down and then spread the good news, the new gospel!" What do you do?
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:28 pm
@PHen,
What if he says I don't drink. Besides, I am tired of performing miracles and won't do any for a few more thousands of years. What next?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:29 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
I think the water into wine proposition is your best bet, TEO.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:52 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
TheEnlightenedOne wrote:

If a man on the street corner shouts 'I am Jesus, repent your sins and I will take you to heaven with me', what do you do?

Reminds me of a joke... You can tell it is false because even Jesus would not accept all the baggage hanging onthe name of Jesus... Savior to one and **** to another is no body andbody wants to be...
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 01:01 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
TheEnlightenedOne wrote:

The man god says to you: grab pen and paper and write down everything I say, carefully. "This is the second installment of the new testament and it supersedes everything else that has been written about me, God your Lord. Write it down and then spread the good news, the new gospel!" What do you do?
I tell him, "I'm jewish . . . soooo . . . really didn't get around to reading that old new testament yet. And by the way, what is the deal with all this 'Santa Claus' bulshit?".
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 01:03 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
TheEnlightenedOne wrote:

I'd still need to see his ass first.
TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 02:09 pm
@thack45,
I know you are but what am I?
0 Replies

TheEnlightenedOne

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 02:10 pm
@joefromchicago,
If he does not have Judea on his ass, what will you do with his bare ass?
Krumple

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 02:35 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
TheEnlightenedOne wrote:

There are a lot of these out there. NATGEO even did a report on people who claim to be Jesus or the return. To me it makes absolutely no difference because religion itself is a scam to begin with. It will always be a scam and so I only feel sorry for those people who get duped into believing or conned into handing over all their money and possessions to follow these people.

If a god exists then that god knows what I personally require before I would consider myself a believer. The ball is in it's court. If it refuses to provide for me that information that I require then it is it's own failure not mine and any punishment on me that would result because of that failure is that gods own wicked doing. So I gladly invite it to actually provide for me the information that I require and so far it has not. That leaves me to only two conclusions. A that god does not find it necessary to provide for me the information that I require. (if so then I can care less about it) B. No gods exist in the first place and that is why I do not have the information that I require.

I think the meaning of life is far more precious and meaningful when we realize that this is the only existence we get. Once we lay down for the last time and take our last breath that is it and the I that we have come to know will no longer experience anything. But those who want to believe that they continue on after this life ends only seems to cheapen and make this life meaningless. Whats the point of having this small fraction of an existence when you are going to exist for ever in some other place. It cheapens this life to hold onto such thoughts. It makes believers complacent and desperately want that other life that they are not even certain exists. Sad really.

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 03:34 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
TheEnlightenedOne wrote:

If he does not have Judea on his ass, what will you do with his bare ass?

Tip my hat and bid it good day.
0 Replies

bieberfever32798

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 05:05 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
Ok all of yall that are being rude and cussing about God, better stop!!!! I dont care if he is your savior or not he is mine and he loves you. It is not to late to let him come into your heart!!!