If a man claims to be Jesus today, how can you tell if it is true or false?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:43 pm
@Setanta,
and i am not obliged to disprove your imaginary friend superstition. You're prating about facts and factual evidence, so it should be a matter of the greatest simplicity for you to present the facts which confirm your claims.

AGAIN, explain a stigmata...or any miracle that there is no quote unquote FACTS either Physical or Scientific to explain...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 12:04 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
but at the same time it is FACTUAL and SCIENTIFICALLY happening...does this not open the door to exhistance of Faith? and that it exhists? to help the believers but at the same time SHOW unbelievers to quit doubting God? or testing him...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 03:47 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
also to answer the question better...when Jesus comes he will be giving glory to the Father saying Worship Truth God of Israel. So that he is Humbling himself. where as the Beast or Satan will be saying Worship ME. Showing that Satan is MORE FOOLISH than ANY other creature because he did not in ANY way give glory to ANY one else except himself...The Father Gives Glory In Jesus...and the Holy Spirit Gives Glory To Both Jesus and The Father...So Jesus himself if he was walking the earth...would NOT be outright PROCLAIMING he is JESUS...that was essential the FIRST comming to instill FAITH...but now the chosen ones and believers have trust without reservation in JESUS and the Trinity in the second comming...it shows that the Beast is Infanately behind the steps of God...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 04:30 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I'm in no way obliged to explain stigmata, which, by the way, have been adequately explained by medical science as an hysterical, psychosomatic manifestation.

It is not for me to prove, explain or disprove anything. If you want to make claims about miracles, it's up to you to prove that a miracle has taken place. There's no obligation for anyone else to disprove your imaginary friend superstition.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 08:53 am
@Setanta,
I'm in no way obliged to explain stigmata, which, by the way, have been adequately explained by medical science as an hysterical, psychosomatic manifestation.

that sounds a lot to me like these so called EXPERT DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS of the world. The same doctors probably in the USA who have pills that are publicaly traded corperations, where every time you turn around there is endless commercial after commercial about taking these pills and taking that pill etc. for temp. fixes opposed to natural medicine...almost to say that...reasoning in their hearts and saying to themselves we have no explaination, so lets label it as you call it goggletygook, and call it a day...your answer is just a cunning way of evading the first question in point...label it what ever you want, if it is indeed a hysterical, psychosomatic, manifestation...why does it choose to to manifest itself in exactly the way the wounds on Jesus appeared??? And why does it happen to most times quote unquote nonbelievers and then they are converted...think about that one for a second before replying( if you don't feel you should answer than reply to yourself and read the question (rihtoricly)...I can read between the lines, I thank you for being nice. but I think your beliefs are to follow certain principals, one of which you have stated is not being obliged...if that's the case then I don't want to waste your only life here with scofflings...after all my object is not to force my religion or beliefs on anyone...just to give insight. the ones who believe and listen to hear more, are making progress steps...
Setanta

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 06:33 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Well, that was a lot of meaningless blather. Do you have any reliable evidence that miracles occur, or ever have occured? (Hint: Just because the bible says so, doesn't count as reliable evidence.)

(You have, by the way, provided no evidence that stigmatics are usually non-believers--oh fer chrissake--and you ignore the number of stigmatics who have subsequently admitted that their stigmata were hoaxes.)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 06:52 pm
@Ticomaya,
Oooh, good one!
laughoutlood

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 08:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Add those that are incurred but not reported.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 08:40 pm
@laughoutlood,
IBNR

Oohh, do you know something others might not?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 09:13 am
@Setanta,
Do you have any reliable evidence that miracles occur, or ever have occured?

That would defeat the whole purpose or definition behind a miracle now wouldn't it??

google miracles...and take a look, then tell me why THEY (Miracles) happen...and why THEY choose to associate themselves with Christ? how is that not proof? if something can't be explained but is happening, it doesn't exhist?? I can not see the CEO of Apple Computers receiving his checks, therefore he must not be receiving his money??
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 11:21 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Have you heard of the babel fish? It is from Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. It's a small fish that can live in your ear and feed on your brainwaves. A result is that if you have one you can automatically understand all languages that you hear. According to some, such an incredible creature couldn't exist by chance, so it proves the non-existence of God. Here's a little from the book:

"Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindboggingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as the final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
"The argument goes something like this: `I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
"`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't."

To this, God answers, "Hm.. I hadn't thought of that", and promtly vanishes in a puff of logic....
Cool
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 11:51 am
@Cyracuz,
The argument goes something like this: `I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

that could be the case and argument for the believers...they have NO need for a miracle...but tell me if it requires a miracle to get you to believe, then how is the miracle not edified? and if a true miracle happens and you believe then it is the starting point or baby steps. the beginning of faith in your life....

John 10: 37-38

"Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 06:54 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I rest my case....

You got trolled Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 06:09 am
@Cyracuz,
really? how so? First if this babel fish exists in the same manner as which you speak of. then it seems to me it is not God using this fish as a giveaway he DOESN"T exsist...if people will go to EVERY extreme to try to disprove God. Then the babel fish and any cunning creature like it is probably created by Satan...yes, Satan has the power when commanded to create things...things that seem like miracles but send you farther from the truth...in retrospect not a miracle but a sign so to speak...and if it is correct and this fish feeds off of brain waives and indeed is against God (for people use it to prove once finally God doesn't exsist) then I wouldn't be suprised if (this quote unquote sign to show once and for all God doesn't exsist) in 20 years or so they find out that putting this fish in your ear has harmful repercutions later in life...as true proof to me it is Satan creating signs in the end times of the Bible as spoken of, rather than God...truly using this fish to quote unquote destroy his own logic...

example: a miracle, people suddenly speaking in angelic tongues. not ness. knowing what they are saying..but communicating to others in a language they don't understand. then either being explained what they had said, or knowing by perceptions. still leaving room for faith in the act of the miracle happening...false miracle or sign: Satan creating in his site something that combates angelic tongue speakings, in say the babel fish in this case...where people by your claim use it to reason in their hearts and say to themselves this fish is cunning, therefore God MUST NOT exsist...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 06:57 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
and if I indeed did get trolled, your happy about it? you should be happy in the fact your showing me truth...not taking self gratifacation in bashing others for different beliefs etc...just by the shear act of slandering shows me THERE MUST BE ANOTHER WAY! there MUST be ONE who rights all the WRONGS...even though i approach all beliefs with an openmind, I wouldn't want to believe it was EVER the other way around...for then if ONE doesn't exsist who rights wrongs and judge bad among good, to me ANY way you break it down there is no true incentive to EVER do good opossed to bad ever in your life. and further your truly just denying the fact of doing bad...and kind of pushing it off so to speak...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 10:07 am
@laughoutlood,
easy one, if your in true Euphoria, and eternal happiness and perfected as you ever will be. would you sit up there and worry about the world? if you did, would you not feel sorrow sometimes? defeating the claim of eternal happiness? If they can contact us...it is ALWAYS for OUR benefit...and in a way WE (on earth) can follow the right path...since they already know it...therefore they don't or aren't subjected to evil but always doing good, and always know only good from there resurrection to eternity...simply put

also for physical proof for non believers...

http://miracles.mcn.org/default.html

as for Atheists being converted...http://krishna.org/modern-day-miracles-jesus-christ-god-and-prabhupada-are-not-dead/

again now my challenge, show me where a person believes in Christ. Witnesses a TRUE miracle and denounces God and Jesus...

stigmata's or stigmatazation

http://www.crystalinks.com/stigmata.html

and notice how the faked or hoax stigmatas are explained but not the true ones...

need more? i can probably find at least 10,000 more links...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 10:54 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
still need more proof??? I have a simple one for you...Why do more people on the face of the Earth accept some form of Christianity than ANY OTHER singular sect form of religion? (including Atheism) and to those who refer to Christianity as a U.S. Religion, this point doesn't hold water because the U.S. has a lower number of population than other countries or nations, such as China, India etc...China is four times the population of U.S. and India is about 3.5 times as many. So if there is NO God and Buddhism is the MAIN belief in China, why is there not roughly 4 times as many Buddhists as Christians? and if India believes in Hinduism, Why is there not 3.5 times as many Hindu's as Christians?...and if you then take the U.S. out of there your talking about 95.5% of the rest of the world...Christianity is a WORLD WIDE RELIGION...
0 Replies

pattergirl

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 12:33 pm
@TheEnlightenedOne,
The Bible says in Galatians 1:8 and 9-"But though we, or and angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, [i.e., the Bible which we have today] let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."
If a man today professes to be Jesus, and the Bible says that Jesus already has come and is accended to Heaven, then the man who says he is Jesus is definitly not from God! Also, ask him to show you any miracles-no matter what he says, he will not be able to do any at all.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 01:14 pm
@pattergirl,
That was a good one PG, here are some other quotes from the bible.

Genesis 19:4-8
Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.

Genesis 19:30-38
Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. Let's get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father." That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father. The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab ; he is the father of the Moabites of today. The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi ; he is the father of the Ammonites of today.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12
When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her.

Leviticus 20:10
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

Tune in tomorrow for more CRAZY quotes from the bible.
We welcome all contributors, especially the CRAZY ones. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.S,. the bible seems to have a pretty low opinion of women, but that should
come as no surprise when you look at todays religious cults.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 02:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Never mind that the babel fish is a figment of the imagination of mr. Douglas Adams, and yet you argue as if I have said something that actually relates to the real world.