What the Bible says about homosexuality

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:48 am
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9Or (A)do you not know that the unrighteous will not (B)inherit the kingdom of God? (C)Do not be deceived; (D)neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals,

10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will (E)inherit the kingdom of God.

GOD hates homosexuality.

It is a DEPLORABLE sin.

I am a MAN OF GOD- I don't hate gay- I hate homosexuality.

Psalm 97:10 - Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked

SO if any GAY people are reading this you can't say you weren't told.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 6,840 • Replies: 74

djjd62

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:53 am
@JGoldman10,
it's a good thing the bible is just a fairy tale and there is no god
Below viewing threshold (view)
djjd62

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:06 am
@JGoldman10,
hey, it's free country and i can express my opinion just like you can
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:25 am
@djjd62,
Agree it is a wonderful thing that the Christian/Jewish god is a fairy tale as what an evil and stupid god he and the ghost and his son happen to be.

The part concerning killing homosexual is right next to killing back talking children and anyone who work of Sunday or...........
djjd62

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:31 am
@BillRM,
yeah but that thing about abraham killing his son was a pretty good joke, sort of the original Punk'd
djjd62

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:06 am
@JGoldman10,
fine, i like jesus, he seems pretty cool, his dad is a bit of a prick
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:08 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
but Jesus is on His way back.

His GPS must be broken as his first generation or two of his followers was under the impression he would be back in their lifetimes.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:10 am
There's an expression- don't kill the messenger.

People in the WORLD, i.e., the UNSAVED, say there is no God because THEY DON'T KNOW HIM.

BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:12 am
@djjd62,
Yes god is so evil and always in a bad mood so you need Jesus to act as a shield.

Of course if heaven were fulling up with the like of JG I can see why he would be in a bad mood.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:14 am
@JGoldman10,
i've read the bible, couldn't like god if he paid me, his kid seems like a good guy for the most part
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:51 am
'Tis so confusing.
A merciful God makes a creature He hates.
He doesn't need to be mocked, he's making a joke on himself.

Jesus was Okay but even He had his bad days. Did he really need to use a whip on those peddlers in the Temple? Why didn't he use good old Jewish guilt? I'm sure he was a disappointment to his mom that day.
"Yehoshua, tsk, tsk, tsk. Fighting? This is why your Father and I sent you to schul?"
"Sorry, mom."
"Don't tell me. Tell your Father."

==
Joe("What's this I hear from the neighbors about you tearing up a fig tree???")Nation
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:54 am
Goldman - the Bible says many things - some very violent and bigoted and old fashioned. And there are some beautiful and comforting things said there, too.

If you choose to focus on ONE thing, that puts this book before human beings, then keep that to yourself and live by that creed.

Don't assume that others MUST or SHOULD follow YOUR beliefs.
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 11:55 am
@PUNKEY,
I love the part also right next to the section concerning killing gays that if you and your wife had thrown down a towel and have sex during her period you both need to be kicked out of the tribe.

The bible/god was being nice as this is the only offense that did not call for death just being ban from the tribe.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 02:13 pm
@PUNKEY,
It is Written to go out and preach the Word to every creature. And Share the Gospel with others.

I can tell people- they can't say they weren't told.

I am praying for people.
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 02:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
Everyone please raised your hands if you would wish to spend eternally hanging out with JG.

No matter how many clouds and gold streets and whatever it would be hell to me even if label as heaven.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 03:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

How about I just get on my knees, does that count? Wink