What the Bible says about homosexuality

BillRM

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 08:30 am
@JGoldman10,
By the way JG how many gays and back talking children and people who work on Sunday had you kill as I am sure you follow god commands as express in the bible over these matters.

If not you are in a state of serous sin and defiance of god wishes by your own logic.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 08:37 am
@BillRM,
I had a relative who was gay and God delivered him from homosexuality before he passed on. There are lots of Christians praying gays get their deliverance from homosexuality. It is an abomination against God and the Bible.
BillRM

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 09:00 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
It is an abomination against God and the Bible.

And so speak the voice of god by way of the Prophet JG.

In any case as allowing a gay man to live is sinful by the words of the bible and the bible had order directly the killing of gay men why are you not out now doing god work for him?

Or are you?????
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 09:02 am
@JGoldman10,
Predicting events in the past is not very special. If you can tell me what will happen next week, then I will take notice.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 09:05 am
@maxdancona,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Omega_Code
BillRM

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 09:13 am
@JGoldman10,
The bible code of all things.

Run those software programs against Gone with the Wind or a good Harry Potter book and see what will happen!

And does not the bible ban playing whose kinds of games?
BillRM

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 09:23 am
@JGoldman10,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_code

From these observations, MBBK created an alternative hypothesis to explain the "puzzle" of how the codes were discovered. MBBK's claim, in essence, was that the WRR authors had cheated[26][27] MBBK went on to describe the means by which the cheating might have occurred, and demonstrate the tactic as presumed.

MBBK's refutation was not strictly mathematical in nature, rather it asserted that the WRR authors and contributors had intentionally or unintentionally (a) selected the names and/or dates in advance and (b) designed their experiments to match their selection and thereby achieved their "desired" result. The MBBK paper argued that the ELS experiment is extraordinarily sensitive to very small changes in the spellings of appellations, and that the WRR result "merely reflects on the choices made in designing their experiment and collecting the data for it."

The MBBK paper demonstrated that this "tuning", when combined with what MBBK asserted was available "wiggle" room, was capable of generating a result similar to WRR's Genesis result in a Hebrew translation of War and Peace. Psychologist and MBBK co-author Maya Bar-Hillel subsequently summarized the MBBK view that the WRR paper was a hoax, an intentionally and a carefully designed "magic trick".[28]The Bible codes (together with similar arguments concerning hidden prophecies in the writings of Shakespeare) have been quoted as examples of the Texas sharpshooter fallacy.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 09:28 am
@JGoldman10,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_sharpshooter_fallacy

The Texas sharpshooter fallacy is a logical fallacy in which information that has no relationship is interpreted or manipulated until it appears to have meaning. The name comes from a joke about a Texan who fires some shots at the side of a barn, then paints a target centered on the biggest cluster of hits and claims to be a sharpshooter.[1]

The fallacy does not apply if one had an ex ante, or prior, expectation of the particular relationship in question before examining the data. For example one might, prior to examining the information, have in mind a specific physical mechanism implying the particular relationship. One could then use the information to give support or cast doubt on the presence of that mechanism. Alternatively, if additional information can be generated using the same process as the original information, one can use the original information to construct a hypothesis, and then test the hypothesis on the new data. See hypothesis testing. What one cannot do is use the same information to construct and test the same hypothesis (see hypotheses suggested by the data) — to do so would be to commit the Texas sharpshooter fallacy.

The fallacy is related to the clustering illusion, which refers to the tendency in human cognition to interpret patterns in randomness where none actually exist.

Contents [hide]
1 Examples
2 See also
2.1 Related logical fallacies
3 References
4 External links

[edit] ExamplesAttempts to find cryptograms in the works of William Shakespeare, which tended to report results only for those passages of Shakespeare for which the proposed decoding algorithm produced an intelligible result. This could be explained as an example of the fallacy because passages which do not match the algorithm have not been accounted for.
The fallacy could also be an explanation for cryptograms in the Bible, and the Quran Code.
This fallacy is often found in modern-day interpretations of the quatrains of Nostradamus. Nostradamus's quatrains are often liberally translated from the original (archaic) French, stripped of their historical context, and then applied to support the conclusion that Nostradamus predicted a given modern-day event, after the event actually occurred. For instance, the Nostradamus lines that supposedly predicted 9/11 were taken from three separate and unrelated passages and a fictional line was added.[citation needed]
[edit] See alsoAnthropic principle
Availability heuristic
Confirmation bias
Accuracy and precision
[edit] Related logical fallaciesCum hoc ergo propter hoc
Post hoc ergo propter hoc
Correlative based fallacies
Moving the goalpost, a related fallacy used to obtain the opposite conclusion.
[edit] References1.^ Atul Gawande (2/8/1999). "The cancer-cluster myth". The New Yorker. http://www.crab.rutgers.edu/~mbravo/cluster.pdf. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
[edit] External links
BillRM

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 09:32 am
@BillRM,
To sum up show us all some good solid no wiggle room prediction dealing with the near future from this "bible code".

Not looking backward but forward as in a prediction of the future that can be check.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 10:40 am
@BillRM,
I'm not arguing with skeptics- have a nice day.
BillRM

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 10:57 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I'm not arguing with skeptics- have a nice day.

Too bad that your believes in god does not give you the courage to confront non believers in the public square of ideas.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 11:05 pm
I am NOT interested in being friends with someone like JCBOY, an UNCIRCIMSIZED PHILISTINE QUEER who hates CHRISTIANS or has BLATANT DISRESPECT for the THINGS OF GOD AND THE BIBLE. GOD SEES HIM and if he doesn't get SAVED he's going to HELL.
Krumple

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 12:17 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I am NOT interested in being friends with someone like JCBOY, an UNCIRCIMSIZED PHILISTINE QUEER who hates CHRISTIANS or has BLATANT DISRESPECT for the THINGS OF GOD AND THE BIBLE. GOD SEES HIM and if he doesn't get SAVED he's going to HELL.

A god that would care about a piece of skin being cut off is pathetic. A god that would care about what is said about it and torture that being endlessly, is pathetic. A god who would generate a follower that delights in telling others that they are going to be tortured for eternity, is pathetic.

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 12:29 am
Why the HELL is Jcboy bothering me for anyway? He EXPECTS ME TO BE CIVIL TOWARDS HIM WHEN HE IMPOSES HIS FILTH ON ME?

DID I DO SOMETHING TO HIM?

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE OR READ WHAT THIS LITTLE MONKEY HAS TO SAY.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 01:01 am
@Krumple,
Being circumcized does not make you Saved.
BillRM

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 03:16 am
I still would like to know if JG is out killing gays as his bible and god commanded him to do.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 10:02 pm
@BillRM,
No-my family and I are PRAYING for them.
BillRM

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 10:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
No-my family and I are PRAYING for them.

The bible order you to kill them not pray for them so why are you not doing so?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 10:29 pm
@BillRM,
Show me where it says that. The Bible says it's His will NO MAN PERISH. My family and I are praying THEY GET DELIVERED FROM HOMOSEXUALITY.
BillRM

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 10:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Show me where it says that. The

I already had and you had quote that same section of the bible on this thread so stop playing games............