A Significant Event In American Politics

gungasnake

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 04:30 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
@gungasnake,
Are you referring to how the second number "1" appears different from the first number "1?"

It appears to me that one was recognized by the scanning software and the other was not.

Logically if something like that were to happen legitimately, it would mean that the trailing '1' had registered as part of a background layer which was treated as an image, and that the other digits had been scanned as text and added to a text layer.

Now, again logically, you would expect that to happen if the user had scanned the document as editable text rather than as an image. But in such a case the document would at least be searchable, and this one isn't. You can't even search for other parts of the digit string, say, "106". Try it; try searching on any text string you see in the document.

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 04:34 pm
@gungasnake,
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/photoshops.png

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1091/500pxshoppedx.jpg
gungasnake

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 07:08 pm
@Robert Gentel,
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/035ostrich_468x538.jpg
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 07:11 pm
@gungasnake,
Shopped, I can tell by the pixels.
0 Replies

James4683

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 07:24 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I know its awful
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 08:08 pm
If you are Carl Rove right now, you are furious. Birthers hold the potential to totally sink a GOP campaign. To that I say "cheers."

A
R
T
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 08:35 pm
This just in! **** is going down! Obama's Kenyan birth certificate found!

http://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploads/obamabirth.jpg

Obama! You couldn't keep this hidden forever!

A
R
T
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 08:54 pm
@failures art,
AND Obama just got an email from Nigeria saying that he could inherit 678,214,279.00 US Dollars.

Joe(so..my guess is he will quit like Sarah did.)NAtion
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:54 pm
@Joe Nation,
It was probably from one of his cousins.
failures art

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 02:51 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

It was probably from one of his cousins.

Obama has a cousin in Nigeria? I thought his father was Kenyan? You must have made a typo. Surely, no educated American would mistake whole nations in Africa for each other. Especially ones that are on opposite coasts.

Africa, where?
R
T
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 03:26 am
@thack45,
You know, one of the hilarious aspects of this is how the conservative nut bags were whining about the birth requirement a few years ago, when they thought they might like to have the Governator as a candidate, but were stymied because of his foreign birth. These clows surely are a pathetic bunch.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 03:30 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
That's both hilarious and pathetic. My mother's been dead for more than 15 years, and she lived with my sister before she died. But it is hilarious to see just how detailed an account you can give of people who do live like that--i'd say it suggests that you're intimately familiar with the life style. I don't find much appealing about girly magazines, and the few examples of Hustler i've ever seen were really disgusting, really gross. I'll bet you're intimately familiar with that rag, though.

Buddy, you're a hoot.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 05:07 am
http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2011/04/28/wayne-madsen-foreign-intelligence-agencies-say-obama-birth-certificate-is-fake/
Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 05:56 am
"Trump, Birtherism, and Race-Baiting" -- Posted by David Remnick . . .

. . . from The New Yorker
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 07:33 am
@Setanta,
If you don't want me making stuff up about you then why do you think you can get by with it? If you don't like it then don't dish it out. Dumb ass.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 07:44 am
@gungasnake,
Let's see...

You're trusting the word of an unknown investigative reporter who has ties not just to one foreign intelligence agency, but to "intelligence agencies from Britain and China to Germany and Russia."

And not only does he have ties, but exclusive ties, and he has managed to scoop every major news agency in the world?

Sure. That could happen.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:21 am
But he heard throught the grapevine..... .

Joe(justa justabout)Nation
Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:55 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
You're hilsarious, Bubba. I don't care what bullshit you make up. Your remark was racist--and that's the truth, it's not made up. Say what you like, racist.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:10 am
@Joe Nation,
And to see the whole story, all you have to do is pay for a subscription....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:13 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Logically if something like that were to happen legitimately, it would mean that the trailing '1' had registered as part of a background layer which was treated as an image, and that the other digits had been scanned as text and added to a text layer.

Actually, it's the other way around. The trailing one was recognized as text, and the rest of the characters were treated as just an image.

gungasnake wrote:
Now, again logically, you would expect that to happen if the user had scanned the document as editable text rather than as an image. But in such a case the document would at least be searchable, and this one isn't. You can't even search for other parts of the digit string, say, "106". Try it; try searching on any text string you see in the document.

Have you tried searching on "1?"

Very few characters were recognized as text.