What could these letters stand for in the world of politics?

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 07:04 am
M M M A T B T L B ?

The sequence begins at the beginning but which letter is needed to complete the sequence?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,231 • Replies: 19
No top replies

sophocles

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:39 am
@sophocles,
Proving very difficult!

Could be initials of 10 countries or states?

Could be initals of political leaders?

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:48 am
@sophocles,

Money Making Money And Taken By Thieving Liberal Bureaucrats
0 Replies

aldobear

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 10:11 am
@sophocles,
sophocles - cheating again? How many of the GBQ questions do you actually answer on your own?
sophocles

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 11:52 am
@aldobear,
None, I have never entered the quiz myself. I do it to help my elderly grandparents if that is Okay.
aldobear

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:29 am
@sophocles,
So there is no reason why they cannot abide by the rules as well - is there?
marigold123

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 06:17 am
@aldobear,
The quiz is for Great Brains. There is an easier one called Great Fun Quiz. But sophocles would be familiar with that one too.
0 Replies

puzzlesRus

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 08:39 am
@sophocles,
From an earlier post : "I am doing the Great Brain Quiz 203 "

No mention of elderly grandparents is there?
aldobear

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 10:58 am
@puzzlesRus,
No, he's never mentioned his grandparents in any of his previous posts - but we're not really surprised are we?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:24 am

ooh, look at all the internet monitors... Rolling Eyes
aldobear

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:52 am
@Region Philbis,
In this instance, it's a case of pointing out to people the rules of this particular quiz. The quizsetter has specifically asked on numerous occasions that his quizzes are not ruined by questions being asked on Q&A sites. It is obvious that many choose to ignore his wishes. Unfortunately, that has contributed to this particular quiz closing in the next 2 months (it's a monthly quiz that's been going for over 200 editions). So, not "internet monitors" at all, I'd just like those who know the rules to abide by them.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 11:59 am
@aldobear,
Quote:
So, not "internet monitors" at all,
how about "futility exercisers"?
you guys simply can't stop people from trying to solve your puzzles in this manner...
aldobear

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:09 pm
@Region Philbis,
A quizsetter has the right to ask that his questions are not asked on Q&A sites. I fail to understand the satisfaction some people get from getting someone else to give them the answers? What's wrong with a guess or a blank space if you can't work it out yourself? If you choose to enter that quiz, you should abide by the rules.
0 Replies

puzzlesRus

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 01:44 pm
@Region Philbis,
Takes one to know one doesn't it?
0 Replies

aldobear

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 04:35 am
@sophocles,
Sophocles - congratulations, you've made the GBQ newsletter. Unfortunately, for all the wrong reasons. GBQ204 has just been published and GBQ205 will be the final quiz thanks to yours and others cheating, so please make an effort and don't spoil the last two quizzes like you have spoilt many of the previous ones.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 04:40 am
@aldobear,

surely sophocles didn't single-handedly bring down your great quiz...
so how many other people on the internet are you harassing in this manner?
aldobear

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 06:43 am
@Region Philbis,
Try reading my previous posts - the quizsetter has specified that contestants must not ask for answers to his quizzes on Q&A sites - surely the concept is not that difficult? So, it's not harassment, merely stating facts.

I agree Sophocles was not alone, but he/she has been ruining this quiz for a considerable time - all the time knowing the rules, yet ignoring them.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 10:42 am
@aldobear,

you and your cohorts newbyquizzer, marigold123, djmple & puzzlesRus have been repeatedly harassing sophocles since march of 2009.

marigold has had some particularly interesting things to say --

marigold123 wrote:
How many more GFQ questions has sophocles cheated on this month? Every time I google I'm directed to him asking here.
http://able2know.org/topic/135624-1#post-3747304
marigold123 wrote:
I'm a Quiz Stalker too. Sophocles asks all the 'difficult' questions to GFQ when entrants are asked not to.
http://able2know.org/topic/140453-1#post-3896227
marigold123 wrote:
I thought you'd died, Sophocles, or given up cheating on GFQ and GBQ.
http://able2know.org/topic/168088-1#post-4525360

not harassment?
aldobear

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 11:22 am
@Region Philbis,
They are not my cohorts as you put it - I believe they are entitled to their opinion just as much as you and I are. I repeat, my opinions are not harassment - but merely re-stating the rules of this particular quiz (perhaps if you actually read my posts, you will see that). However, one fact you have pointed out is that sopocles has been ruining this quiz for more than 2 years. As I said above, he's not the only one, but all those who have ignored the quiz rules have finally succeeded in bringing this quiz to a close. If you are so against marigold123's comments, why didn't you chastise her then?
0 Replies

Gmackematix

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:02 am
@sophocles,
I'm sure the deadline has long passed so if anyone is wondering, the answer is M. Look at lists of political leaders in major countries and you will probably find it.
0 Replies