fabel

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 11:49 pm
Would it be awkward for me if I were to buy a skirt for a girl? I'm a guy, its kind of weird.
That girl is my long-time classmate, and her birthday is coming up real soon. Her friends told me she liked a particular pencil skirt from Forever 21. Thanks peeps.

dadpad

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 12:03 am
@fabel,
A better option might be to pay for a voucher at the store to the exact value of the skirt. She might change her mind. Girls do that you know. Clothing is such a personal choice. perhaps when presenting her with the voucher you could mention you saw a skirt there that you thought might suit her. but do your homework what style lenght and colour is the skirt just in case she quizzes you.
jespah

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 06:15 am
@dadpad,
That's a good idea, and it would be more personal than just getting her a gift card.
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 09:19 am
@jespah,
I agree - she is a long-time friend so something personal would be even better. Also, most stores offer a "gift receipt", but you may need to ask for it. That way if it does end up not fitting well, she can exchange for a different size.
sanjananb

Reply Fri 20 May, 2011 01:03 pm
@Linkat,
One of the hardest part of any relationship is change. Recognizing it, adjusting to it, and accepting it. Change is inevitable, everything in life changes. Think about where you are now in life. To get to this very moment you had to change, grow, learn, experience and evolve. So why is it that when people change we tend to be caught off guard?

Edit (Moderator): Link removed
0 Replies

melisawilson

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 03:51 am
@fabel,
I don't think that's weird..you said that she is her long time friend. With such a buddy nothing is weird.
0 Replies