What should we do?

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 03:10 am
@Whatsignificant,
Quote:
Ya because observing the most fundemental obvious FACTS of LIFE can't possibly be relevant to ANY ONE but an alien..

But you are doing more than just observing. You are making some pretty big assumptions about what should be the ultimate goal of humanity. If your definition of what we should do is derived from observing that we make plans and do them, I do not see how that is of any value to us.
manored

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 11:14 am
@Whatsignificant,
Whatsignificant wrote:

Ya because observing the most fundemental obvious FACTS of LIFE can't possibly be relevant to ANY ONE but an alien..
You are the only person here who thinks thats what you are doing.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 02:23 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:
Setanta wrote:
You know, the Ayn Rand crew always crack me up. They slavishly follow every pearl of wisdom which dropped from her lips, ignoring that the core of her philosophy was self-reliance. Irony will never die.

And I dont even know where this came from.

Wandel made a comment about the Ayn Rand Foundation. However, in future, as it is not my job to make sure that you're paying attention, i won't feel obliged to clear up your confusion.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 02:31 pm
@Setanta,
I actually went on the tube to learn something about her and it all almost sound like a religion...a self centred, self certain alpha profile...
Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 02:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Her family were refugees from the Bolshevik revolution in 1917, and she grew up among a family which worshipped capitalism. Her "philosophy" is one of selfish, capitalist greed. However, to her credit (and she doesn't deserve much credit), she does constantly tout self-reliance, that people should think for themselves. Which is hilarious, because most "Randians" do treat it like a religion.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 02:39 pm
@Setanta,
it seam to be the case...this kind of self centred dictator always gets its flock somewhere...it works like a magnet... Laughing

(She did n´t actually felt much comfortable with people prompt to question her beliefs...contradictory to say the least.)
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 02:59 pm
@Setanta,
With such a linear approach against altruism I wonder how would she have dealt with neo Darwinian theory´s on social species behaviour and self sacrifice...
0 Replies

Whatsignificant

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 03:43 pm
@Cyracuz,
{But you are doing more than just observing. You are making some pretty big assumptions about what should be the ultimate goal of humanity. If your definition of what we should do is derived from observing that we make plans and do them, I do not see how that is of any value to us. }
Ok so then lets go with the alternative...
That the ultimate goal of humanity is to have LESS OPTIONS and LESS EMPOWERMENT..
Good plan..

You disagree for the sake of disagreement, because your goal is to seek your own empowerment at the expense of others..
However you are deluded, and you simply seek to convince yourself and establish confidence in your opinion of your intellectual and moral superiority, but you do not ACTUALLY in any objective way truly achieve this objective.. Thus you are deluded..

However you still seek empowerment (foolishly) thus you are a hypocrite to argue that one may not desire empowerment. Even one who wishes to DIE, seeks the empowerment to accomplish that objective..

You argue against me, yet offer no reasonable alternative, and of course you KNOW that you can't and you know that I WILL easily defeat any such alternative which will either require the freedom that I suggest or will be founded on baseless speculation and fantasies.

No doubt you will consider all of this to be unfounded insults and accusations and go about congering up another bout of insults for me.. and no doubt your version will be founded on baseless speculation and fantasies.

Thus you are UNREASONABLE.
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:08 pm
@Whatsignificant,
Quote:
That the ultimate goal of humanity is to have LESS OPTIONS and LESS EMPOWERMENT..

I didn't say that. I didn't even insinuate that. And it's not the only alternative to your idea. The world doesn't end at the tip of your nose.

Quote:
You disagree for the sake of disagreement, because your goal is to seek your own empowerment at the expense of others..

I didn't disagree!!!! I asked you to clarify your position.

Quote:
However you are deluded, and you simply seek to convince yourself and establish confidence in your opinion of your intellectual and moral superiority, but you do not ACTUALLY in any objective way truly achieve this objective.. Thus you are deluded..

Intellectually and morally superior to you... A 2 year old chimpansee with downs syndrom is likely intellectually and morally superior to you.

Quote:
However you still seek empowerment (foolishly) thus you are a hypocrite to argue that one may not desire empowerment. Even one who wishes to DIE, seeks the empowerment to accomplish that objective..

Again: I have not argued against this. You are so full of ****. I said that this is the process by which we conduct our affairs, it is not a goal!

Quote:
You argue against me, yet offer no reasonable alternative, and of course you KNOW that you can't and you know that I WILL easily defeat any such alternative which will either require the freedom that I suggest or will be founded on baseless speculation and fantasies.

And that is the sole merit by which you judge my contribution as irrelevant: I argue against you.
And so far you have proven nothing other than that you have a very unattractive personality.

Quote:
No doubt you will consider all of this to be unfounded insults and accusations and go about congering up another bout of insults for me.. and no doubt your version will be founded on baseless speculation and fantasies.

My comments here are founded on your comments here, so you are entirely right that they are founded on baseless speculation and fantasies.

You probably think your post was to the point... So sad.

manored

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:11 pm
@Whatsignificant,
Setanta wrote:

Wandel made a comment about the Ayn Rand Foundation. However, in future, as it is not my job to make sure that you're paying attention, i won't feel obliged to clear up your confusion.
It wasnt confusion, but a pointer of off-topicness. Admitely I didnt notice/remember the previous mention to the Ayn Rand foundation.

Whatsignificant wrote:

No doubt you will consider all of this to be unfounded insults and accusations
Which is exactly what it is. But off course, you dont see it that way.
manored

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:14 pm
@Cyracuz,
Dont flipflop so much over it =)
0 Replies

Whatsignificant

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:02 pm
@manored,
{Which is exactly what it is. But off course, you dont see it that way. }

Some may be offened at the revelation of TRUTH about themselves..

However the fact is that some are indeed foolish, so ought one simply keep their mouth shut in order to avoid insulting others...And wouldn't this mean that one would have to be a mute..

There is a difference between insulting others to make yourself feel good, and revealing the FACTS of LIFE which may cause arrogant people to be offended..
0 Replies

MrSandman

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:14 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:

MrSandman wrote:

I took a friend out for lunch before he had to fly out of town. We went to an Indian buffet and my friend went overboard on the curry dishes. He realized this when he was given the middle seat and noticed he was definately giving off an oder. This make him sweat which only made things worse. He told me he spent most of the flight in the bathroom trying to wash it off or apologizing to the people sitting on either side. Hahahaha - good times....
This isnt a thread about curry, despite the large number of posts about curry =)

You know, after reading through all 4 pages - I think this thread is about curry. =P
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:16 pm
@MrSandman,
He he he...curry it is... Very Happy
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:20 pm
@MrSandman,
lol Very Happy
Whatsignificant

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 06:02 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Predictable...
0 Replies

Whatsignificant

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 06:18 pm
@Cyracuz,
The word "curry" is an anglicised version of the Tamil word kari (கறி),[2][3] meaning 'sauce,' which is usually understood to mean vegetables/meat cooked with spices with or without a gravy.[4]

Wisdom is "there is perspective"

Knowledge is "there is pudding"

The proof is in the pudding...

You may choose an opinion from the selection of all possible opinions.. Thus it is not yours, it is simply an opinion..

Wisdom is "there is perspective"

Ignorance is "there is ONLY my perspective and yours is FALSE becasue I don't like it."

Reality can ONLY be the culmination/conjunction of all possible perspectives...

Because reality is perceived..

That which exists can only be that which CAN influence and/or CAN be influenced..

That which CANNOT influence and CANNOT be influenced is nonexistent..
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 06:26 pm
@Whatsignificant,
Ok, that made me laugh. You apparently have no idea what that saying means.

Quote:
Ignorance is "there is ONLY my perspective and yours is FALSE becasue I don't like it."

Agreed. And you are the one who is trying to hammer it into all our heads that YOUR perspective is the ONLY right one.

I have asked you for a clarification of a point you made, but you haven't responded to that. You have just told me how inferior my reasoning skills are for asking.

The proof is indeed in the pudding, and I've eaten enough to know what you are about.
Whatsignificant

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 07:04 pm
@Cyracuz,
You simply try to insist that we CANNOT consider what is true what is false and what is UNKOWN from the perspective that I choose to see things from..

You insit that things be viewed from some other perspective and that all that I say is irrelevant..

{Agreed. And you are the one who is trying to hammer it into all our heads that YOUR perspective is the ONLY right one. }

No I don't, however if I choose to look at things from a particular perspective, and others simply choose to look at it from another, and conclude that what I say is false.. then it is not a disscussion but nothing more the butting heads and insults.. and THEY are therefore INGNORANT..

They do nothing less then INSIST that I see it their there way because their way is the ONLY ******* WAY to see it and everyone else is wrong..

They ride around on there hobby horses.. and asail all those who choose to view things from another perspective..

Well the FACT is there are perspectives, one is not wrong to view it in a different way.. but there can be contractions within a single perspective.

1+1 =3 is simply NOT TRUE.. unless you choose to view things from some other irrelevant point of view which makes the argument irrelevant..

Making other peoples arguements irrelevant in this way is NOT REASONABLE ( as in lacking in reasoning) and a is not a reasonable disscussion but is irrelevant head butting..
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 07:32 pm
@Whatsignificant,
Of course. It's always THEIR fault. I bet this happens to you alot.

Quote:
You simply try to insist that we CANNOT consider what is true what is false and what is UNKOWN from the perspective that I choose to see things from..

No. Wrong again.
You said: "Since all humans choose and complete objectives, the logical goal for all humans and all of humanity is to choose and complete objectives."

You are making an observation: "All humans choose and complete objectives." That is your perspecive, right? I am not arguing against that.

But then you try to convince me that it is logical, based on this observation, to make the statement that "choosing and completing objectives is the goal for all humans and all of humanity".

Do you agree that to "choose and complete objectives" is an action?

Perhaps you will see that this is not logic at all if we substitute "choose and complete objectives" with another action humans have to do. Breathing.

"All humans breathe, therefore it is the logical goal for all humans and all of humanity to breathe."

This is not a goal. It is what enables us to have goals.