What should we do?

JLNobody

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 03:29 pm
@Whatsignificant,
Whatsignificant. Your name seems to contradict your mission here. What is "significant" is a subjective task. You seem to want absolute Truth.
I've read nothing after your initital post. I wish I had positioned this comment right after yours.

You say that "Logic is not arbitrary it is the 'mental realization' of the existence of TRUTH itself.. The observation of the phenomenon of 'the way it is'."
My subjective disposition is that the World is essentially ambiguous and full of phenomena that are logically contradictory when juxtaposed in description. . Contradiction, as well as logical consistency, are both characteristic of experience.
hyp I suspect you are a product of an absolutist catholic education, no insult intended, just an intercultural observation.
I'm probably doing you an injustice or at least misrepresenting you, given I've based all this on very little information.
Apologies in advance.
JLNobody

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 03:49 pm
Two points:
Armpit sprinkles? mmmmmmm.

It takes intelligence to realize how stupid you are, and
it takes stupidity to "realize" how "intelligent" you are.
Hang in there: you'll soon adapt to us as we will adapt to you. Then it will become more constructive and much more fun.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 03:49 pm
Two points:
Armpit sprinkles? yummy

Hang in there: you'll soon adapt to us as we will adapt to you. Then it will become more constructive and much more fun.
Cyracuz

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 06:24 pm
@Whatsignificant,
Quote:
.... what is KNOWN from what is UNKNOWN

Reasoning is whatever reasoning does. But in the context of what we should do, I would say the issue of what is known and what is unknown plays a part.
What can be known?
It is perhaps a bold claim, but I think that any explanation or line of reasoning we can make on any issue will never be a perfect string of fact connected by fact from start to finish. Here and there we will always find assumptions. Way to fit things together so that it makes chronological sense. These ways of connecting facts into abstract trails of logic are not always dictated by the facts themselves. They are quite often, if not always, chosen by the explainer, and even though the explainer may not be aware of it, they are chosen to serve the overall end of achieving a "true" outcome, or a convincing argument.

0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 06:45 pm
@JLNobody,
Quote:

Thanks for a good reminder. I find it is needed from time to time. A keen intuition can so often leave us feeling as if we understand everything, reflecting back upon ourselves a sense of being very intelligent, when we are in fact very passionate. But in my opinion, a person who is likely to experience this is better off than someone who lacks the passion to apply their intellect.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 09:04 pm
@JLNobody,
I'm sorry, you're saying an awful lot here. Is it just because of a bad joke?
0 Replies

Whatsignificant

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 04:50 am
@JLNobody,
What is KNOWN?

{What is "significant" is a subjective task.}

Well it seems that this objective FACT is significant to you..

You all create responses, you all seem to have opinions, some like curry and some don't, these all seem to KNOWN OBJCECTIVE FACTS..

You each KNOW that you have objectives and you act in a particular way and acquire the objects of your desire..

What is significant is what is KNOWN..

{We obtain "the way" to achive objectives, one way or another, then we act according to "the way" which has been realized in our minds, and we either succeed or fail at accquiring the object of desire.. } This is simply KNOWN..

What is the logical goal of every individual and for all of humanity..

"to be empowered to choose and achieve objectives"

If this is not TRUE, then do not respond..because if you do then you have revealed that you choose and achive objectives..

djjd62

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 05:00 am
@Whatsignificant,
you sure seem to know a lot of things

i prefer to no things myself, in fact if there's one thing i'm certain of, it's that i no everything
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 09:28 am
@Whatsignificant,
Quote:
What is the logical goal of every individual and for all of humanity..

If this is not TRUE, then do not respond..because if you do then you have revealed that you choose and achive objectives..

Your logic is presumtious. Just because we all choose and achieve objectives does not mean that this is "the logical goal of every individual and for all of humanity".
All humans fart too.
Does it follow from this that it is our logical goal to fill the atmosphere with our vapors?
Logic can help us determine what is the best course of action, but logic alone cannot make this determination.
0 Replies

manored

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 10:25 am
@Whatsignificant,
Whatsignificant wrote:

I think this definition of goal for the whole of humanity is a bit too vague. It also cant be said that every human holds that as their goal.

I think it would make more sense to discuss here what goals humanity should have, since its not something everyone agrees on.

Cyracuz wrote:

Logic can help us determine what is the best course of action, but logic alone cannot make this determination.
Indeed. In fact, I like to think that logic is not a definer of objectives, but rather a tool used to get there. The true definers of objectives are our feelings, our emotions. Once our emotions and feelings have chosen us an objective, we use varying amounts of logic to accomplish it. In the end there is no good reason for anything we do.
Whatsignificant

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 11:42 am
{In the end there is no good reason for anything we do. }

The REASON that we DO LOGICAL things, is to accomplish our OBJECTIVES..

It is NOT necessary to choose any particular objective, nor is it necessary to accomplish any particular objective, because necessity is purely a matter of of chosen objective..

We all WANT to accomplish objectives this is KNOWN an TRUE, this is the very definition what it is to be a LIVING HUMAN BEING.. "To want, to seek, to find"

I am not so presumpous to decide for myself the reason that we have objectives.. What is KNOWN and TRUE is that we have them..

{Logic can help us determine what is the best course of action, but logic alone cannot make this determination. }

What is best? can ONLY be determined logically realitve to a choosen objective..

{I think it would make more sense to discuss here what goals humanity should have, since its not something everyone agrees on.}

This is what I'm doing..

The objective that are "BEST" are logically determined by recognizing that

Is the definition of LIVE ITSELF, it is the essence of FREEDOM.

Those laws/rules/regulations/systems that we SHOULD have, which are BEST are those laws/rules/regulations/systems which promote the tendancy for individuals to SEEK the FREEDOM of ALL inorder to GAIN for themselves..

MORE FREEDOM being { MORE options, and MORE capabilities}

Whatsignificant

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 12:41 pm
@Whatsignificant,
To be MORE empowered to choose and achieve MORE objectives is to have MORE options, and MORE capabilities..

{FREEDOM} = {BEING ALIVE} = {HAVING options and capabilities} = { being empowered}

MORE FREEDOM = { MORE options, and MORE capabilities}={MORE LIFE}

{having no options and no capabilities} = {totally un-empowered} = {total lack of freedom}={DEAD}

SEEK LIFE, GIVE LIFE..

If we seek each others FREEDOM/LIFE/EMPOWERMENT the we will EACH have MORE FREEDOM/LIFE/EMPOWERMENT than if we had done otherwise..

This is the foundation of the logic and reasoning of how to determine and to realize(discover new) laws/rules/regulations/systems which are RIGHT...

wandeljw

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 03:45 pm
@Whatsignificant,
Whatsignificant wrote:
This is the foundation of the logic and reasoning of how to determine and to realize(discover new) laws/rules/regulations/systems which are RIGHT...

This foundation sounds like the Ayn Rand Foundation.
Whatsignificant

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 04:06 pm
@wandeljw,
The TRUTH = "the way it is"

It will forever be TRUE that

"The TRUTH is what it is"

But WHAT it is, CANNOT BE KNOWN..

But it can have a NAME..

Gandhi stated that the most important battle to fight was overcoming his own demons, fears, and insecurities. Gandhi summarized his beliefs first when he said "God is Truth". He would later change this statement to "Truth is God". Thus, Satya (Truth) in Gandhi's philosophy is "God".

Money is a convenient/dynamic/liquid form of empowerment, it provides a convenient/dynamic/liquid form of possessing resources which empower one with options and capabilities..

But it is the “options and capabilities” FREEDOM which are of TRUE VALUE, and truly come from “TRUTH” and not MONEY..

It is the valuing(loving)(worshiping)(worth-shipping) of money over TRUTH which is the root cause of individuals seeking the UN-empowerment of others for their own personal gain..

This is the cause of the UN-empowerment of the human race and each

Social and economic systems which function by allowing individuals to become empowered via un-empowering others cannot be tolerated..

Thus we must un-empower those individuals who seek to impose or maintain such systems on individuals..

And support those who seek to empower all individuals..

We must Love and Respect and Forgive if we are to co-exist in peace and harmony and joy..

The TRUTH will prevail, because those who seek and find truth with logic and reasoning will be MORE empowered then those who DENY THE EXISTANCE OF TRUTH in preference to illusions and fantasies..

The essence of violence is to UNEMPOWER, thus we must violently destroy the oppressors with success..

In GOD we TRUST..

We must first STOP being the evil oppressors our selves. (Corporate greediness )

If we seek each others FREEDOM/LIFE/EMPOWERMENT then we will EACH have MORE FREEDOM/LIFE/EMPOWERMENT then if we had done otherwise..

The human race will flourish if all seek the empowerment of all..

Just as you work for your employer, you must do as they dictate in order to get paid..

Thus

The corporations must DO as the people DICTATE or they ought not get paid..

So what ought the PEOPLE DICTATE to the corporations..

If we seek each others FREEDOM/LIFE/EMPOWERMENT then we will EACH have MORE FREEDOM/LIFE/EMPOWERMENT then if we had done otherwise..

{Good idea, Marc, but I doubt the big corporations in the US will ever fall for that idea.}

Corporations ought to be paid what they deserve, according to their accomplishments relative to the goal of all of humanity and individuals freedom/empowerment for all..

<Good idea, Marc, but I doubt the big corporations in the US will ever fall for that idea.>

The TRUTH exists, therefore it can be realized in the minds of men..

The solution can be realized..

And besides just like with your employer, if you don't do it,

SOMEONE ELSE WILL..

There is strength in numbers..

Those groups which seek the empowerment of others within that group will be the strongest group..

Thus if all join as one large group, then that group will be the strongest it can possibly be..

If all seek the empowerment of all, then all will be the most empowered they could be, even those who are already empowered would be MORE EMPOWERED..

Thus WHO has an excuse?

Even those at the top of the food chain seek MORE EMPOWERMENT..

But they are deluded by the seeking of MONEY over the seeking of REAL EMPOWERMENT..

The heads of coporations and countries are NOT STUPID.. even they can SEE the advantages to themselves and their children..
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 08:24 pm
@manored,
It is all very well served but what other good reason would there be aside the one we have when we have it ?
0 Replies

manored

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 09:13 pm
@Whatsignificant,
I must say: You are fantastically redundant =)

You said the same few things in so many different ways that I dont really know how to reply.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:

It is all very well served but what other good reason would there be aside the one we have when we have it ?
You got me there =)

0 Replies

MrSandman

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 09:15 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

If you've ever had to work in another person's house after your lunch break - and the house smells like curry - yeah, that's the worst.

I took a friend out for lunch before he had to fly out of town. We went to an Indian buffet and my friend went overboard on the curry dishes. He realized this when he was given the middle seat and noticed he was definately giving off an oder. This make him sweat which only made things worse. He told me he spent most of the flight in the bathroom trying to wash it off or apologizing to the people sitting on either side. Hahahaha - good times....
Setanta

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 03:14 am
@wandeljw,
You know, the Ayn Rand crew always crack me up. They slavishly follow every pearl of wisdom which dropped from her lips, ignoring that the core of her philosophy was self-reliance. Irony will never die.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 10:19 am
@Setanta,
Excellent point.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 10:19 am
@Setanta,
Excellent point.