Rip That Sucker Out!

mags314772

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:45 pm
@Swimpy,
thanks, swimpy! I was so sick for five months. It's an enormous relief. Nice to hear from someone who's been there.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 10:34 pm
@mags314772,
Made a final visit this morning to the surgeon who removed my gall bladder He showed me the report of the doctor who examined it after it was removed. He found 100 GALLSTONES in it. Gee, ya think that was what was makin me soooo sick for soooo long???? Idea
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 10:38 pm
@mags314772,
And the good thing is you won't miss it a bit, except when you try to eat extremely rich and fatty ice cream. That, and grapes, are about the only foods I can't eat after having had my gallbladder removed.

Have you found any foods you are no longer able to tolerate?
mags314772

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 10:46 pm
@Butrflynet,
still testing the water...anything the least bit fatty sets me off running for the bathroom, but I am told this will.....er.....pass
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 07:21 am
@mags314772,
Wow!

My mother-in-law has been resisting having her gallbladder removed for a while, I may mention your story to her.
mags314772

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 01:38 pm
@sozobe,
another interesting thing I found out about the formation of gall stones is the influence of estrogen. I was given hormone replacement therapy for a good ten years after menopause. Increased estrogen is also the reason why many women develop gall bladder problems during pregnancy.

The surgery to remove it is relatively easy if they can do it laparoscopically.
Swimpy

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 03:56 pm
@mags314772,
That wasn't the case for me, mags. Never took hormone replacement. It's just one of those things that women over 50 get. Sorry you're having issues with some foods. The only thing that upsets my digestion now is pineapple...go figure.

Soz, tell your MIL that she should talk to her doctor. If she waits until it goes septic, laparoscopic is not an option and the recovery will be much longer. Tell her Swimpy said so. Wink
sozobe

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 04:17 pm
@Swimpy,
She's talked to the doctor, the doctor says she should have her gallbladder out, she says no. Repeat.

However, I'll try "Swimpy said so," that might work. Very Happy
0 Replies