What's with the RACISM on this forum?

PaddyH

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:58 am
@JGoldman10,
Except for one or two celebrities like Cruise-Kidman or Jolie-Pitt who make a point of adopting children regardless of colour.
LadySpades

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 08:24 am
@PaddyH,
Yup! The problem is society doesn't want to deal with what it considers any "trouble". Celebs can afford too and not lose any "cred"....how tragic for our children who know nothing about such things. Of course, they learn soon enough.

Myself, I would adopt the whole world of orphaned kids if I could, but then, who am I????

Lady
0 Replies

LadySpades

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 08:26 am
@PaddyH,
J,

You seem to be pretty bitter about life. I'm black, not wealthy or "high class" either. I've seen cousins and friends live lives I wouldn't wish on a dog....but I loved them to death.

Bitterness is not going to change the world, just do what you can to make someone's life a little better..it'll help!

Lady
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 04:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
Probably because they are white, and it's more like they are paying thousands of dollars to adopt a white child than to NOT adopt a black child.

I doubt that there are very many black couples paying thousands of dollars to adopt white children.

I'm an adoptive parent and my adopted son is white and now 29 years old. 29 years ago, it wasn't necessary to spend any money to adopt any child - unless you already adopted one American child and so had to go to a foreign country for a second or third.

The County Adoption Agency had us review about 10 three inch binders of photos of older children, minority babies, and babies who were sick or disabled before we finished the paperwork.

The pictures were heart-breaking, but we didn't have any children and knew the first would be huge challenge whether or not it was adopted. We weren't about to makes the odds tougher by adopting a child that required the skills of experienced parents.

Our goal was to add a baby to our lives, not rescue anyone. That might be perceived as a selfish goal, but I don't think it was.

Perhaps if we adopted a second child we might have considered a special needs child, but two years after my son came to us, my wife got pregnant,and two years after that she got pregnant again.

If there are more black babies who need adoptive parents than there are couples who want to adopt them, the situation is a lot more complex than a simplistic charge of racism can explain.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 04:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, let's CALL it like it is-they don't want BLACK people to have anything.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 04:55 pm
@JGoldman10,
No, let's call it what "it" is...your ignorance.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 04:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
BTW

I would bet big money that you are not black and are having the time of your life thinking that you are a master puppeteer here on A2K.

(The alternative explanation is too depressing)
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 05:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I AM BLACK - don't INSULT me.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 05:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
These white couples you are thinking of are CULTURALLY-BIASED and DON'T WANT BLACKS TO HAVE ANYTHING. OR THEY ARE AFRAID OF THEM.
BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 01:45 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
are CULTURALLY-BIASED

Since when is skin color a culture?

If you mean the sub culture that had been develop by a percents of blacks who are living in the US that is hardly even a universal culture share by blacks in the US let alone having anything to do with culture outside of the US.

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 04:09 am
@BillRM,
You're tellng me a black kid from the projects is going to be raised the same way a white kid in the suburbs is?
LadySpades

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:10 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
NO, you're not selfish to want to have a great parenting experience which would mean adopting children you would love and care for.

Much of the problem..and I may be taken to task for this...lies in Black people themselves. We really don't get together as a people and see what we can do to alleviate certain problems. We're too worried about what we have and what we wanna get. Other Black people are afterthoughts. If you look at the money Rappers, sports guys and Black actors make things should be a whole lot differetnt if we got together and tried to help each other...but we don't and won't for the forseeable future.

Lady

BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:57 am
@JGoldman10,
No but then white kids in poor neighborhoods are not going to be raised in a similar matter to white kids in the suburbs and that once more have nothing to do with skin color..

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 03:39 pm
@LadySpades,
I'm sure we would have loved and cared for any child we adopted, the greeter the extent of their special needs, the harder it would have been for us to be successful. Hell it was hard enough and our son was in perfect health, about 5 months old when we got him, and even looked like us. We had no idea what it was like to be parents, but we suspected it was tough (we were right) and saw no reason to take on an even tougher job.

I don't know that I agree with your opinion on the source of the problem, unless you accept the premise that black adults have a responsibility to black children without parents that is greater than the responsibility white, yellow, red, or brown adults have for children of their races without parents.

It's not like black adults are adopting white or yellow children rather than black kids.

It certainly would be wonderful for black children without parents, and the larger community in general, if black people felt an exceptional responsibility to their black brothers and sisters, but I don't see that they can be faulted if they don't.
panzade

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 05:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
that's a nice post fin
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 05:58 pm
@PaddyH,
I would suggest that they look to adopt children of color
0 Replies

LadySpades

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:35 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes, I do feel Black adults have more responsibilty than others, our children have more problems than other races. As I said, I was raised in Brooklyn N. Y. I watched cousins and friends die of AIDs etc simply because they were ignorant of facts and absolutely no one cared...people felt that was the way Black people are supposed to go, killing each other and dying in the Projects.

How frickin sad! I made sure my kids knew the difference between what people perceived, and what the truth was. They have never been involved in drugs etc. Doesn't mean they turned out perfect - my daughter has her Master's in Child Psychology but my son is, well, my son. He has a Supervisors job in a hospital...but it won't last.

But...they're not dying in the Projects.

Love your children to death, and teach them what love is, they'll be with you always and appreiate what they learn, and FEEL!

Lady
laughoutlood

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:51 am
@LadySpades,
Big welcome to A2K LadySpades.

Come on into the other topics.

I promise to bite.
djjd62

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:55 am
@laughoutlood,
Very Happy

i agree LS has some great posts here, would love to see her branch out

feel bad i can't help her with her sci fi book question though
0 Replies

LadySpades

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 07:31 am
@laughoutlood,
Hi Laugh,
Sue, I'll be glad to get into other toics. Where are you?

Lady
0 Replies