about MacNiven's House, Ken Kensey, the Merry Pranksters, Hell's Angle

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 02:42 am
Hello, guys , I read in a book someplace called "MacNiven's House". it said it was the place where Ken Kensey, the Merry Pranksters, Hell's Angle hung out in the 1960s. So, is it "MacNiven's House" a bar or a restaurant?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,189 • Replies: 8
No top replies

JTT

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:25 pm
@Rebecca Cheung,
Ken Kensey, the Merry Pranksters, Hell's Angle

I may be wrong, I'm kinda taking a shot in the dark, but shouldn't the two underlined be,

Kersey - Angels

I never read the book, Rebecca, I've never even heard of it, and I don't have the foggiest notion what MacNiven's House is.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:58 pm
@JTT,
it's Ken Kesey and Hells Angels
JTT

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 10:17 am
@dyslexia,
I stand corrected on the 'Kesey' portion. Thank you, Dys.
0 Replies

Rebecca Cheung

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 05:51 am
@JTT,
Sorry, it should be "kesey" and "angels". Wrong spelling. The truth is without the automatic spelling checking system, I spell many words wrong. Very sorry. I really have to be careful next time. Sorry, guys.
Rebecca Cheung

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:03 am
@dyslexia,
Thank you, it's Ken Kesey, the writer, and Hell's Angels, the motorcycle gang. Wrong Spelling. Sorry. Because I’ve never been to America, I have no idea what this "MacNiven's House" could possibly mean. Is it possible it is a bar or restaurant?
JTT

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:16 pm
@Rebecca Cheung,
That'd be Dys's department, Rebecca. Why he didn't answer your question is beyond me. Of late he's been into this taking pot shots at others without providing the information he swears he knows.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:46 pm
@Rebecca Cheung,
I misspell so many words I've quit worrying about it. Confusing angle for angel is one favorite mistakes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 02:32 pm
@Rebecca Cheung,
I've lived in the US for a long time and have never heard of MacNiven's house. Or it may possibly be spelled McNiven's house. On the other hand, I've never read Kesey.

I am guessing it is the house of one of the people in the group. Which group? Probably the Pranksters.
0 Replies