Printer Tech Question

littlek

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:41 pm
I'm trying to print some black and white photos on plain paper. The original captures were in color. I've re-saved them as B&W. I set the printer to gray scale printing. When I print, they come out with pink shading. I switched to printing them in color and the same thing happens.

I am using a HP Photosmart printer that has a color cartridge which is low on ink levels and a black cartridge which is fine on ink levels.

Can anyone help me avoid the pink tint?

View best answer, chosen by littlek
engineer
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:27 pm
@littlek,
You need to change your color cartridge. Even when printing black and white, the printer uses the color cartridge. You might be able to set the printer to use the black cartridge only if it is like my HP. When you select greyscale, you get the options to print in "High Qualtiy", "Black Cartridge Only" or "Fax/Photocopy mode". You can try that.
littlek

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:31 pm
@engineer,
Ah! I'll check....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:33 pm
@engineer,
Success! Thanks Engineer!
0 Replies

jessicamichael

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 11:27 pm
@littlek,
select your printer and open the printer properties or properties or printer setup or Options.

On the properties window,click the paper/quality or features.

To print using only the blak ink catridge, Change the anyone of the following setting depends on desired needs.

click advanced,click print in grayscale,and then select Black Ink Only.

Click the Black & White button.
0 Replies