military action against Libya

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 01:02 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
those who send people to kill are the worst sort of scum humanity has produced... They have no heart, no soul to save, and no sympathy to appeal to... They are without conscience and without remorse... They are beneath contempt...
Your naive and idyllic view of human nature is scary, and makes me fear that the post Christian ere will be even more brutal than was the Christian era.....Christians at least knew that they were all sinners.

I also wonder if this emotional response to sin that we see out of JTT all the time and you some of the time is the result of you two running from your dark sides, your latching on to sin around you in horror as a desperate attempt to avoid seeing the sin that is with-in you.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 01:33 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
There was never a good cause

I would disagree.
The defeat of naziism and the defeat of the ambitions of the Japanese Empire during WW2 were good causes.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 01:36 pm
@mysteryman,
mm, Can't you do any better than WWII? There's been many wars and police actions after 1945 that the US was involved in. Believe it or not! Did you ever bother to count the innocent dead after WWII? I doubt it. Many were illegal and unnecessary wars to boot.

That's what happens when any country spends too much on the military; they have a need to use them regardless of reasons.
mysteryman

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 02:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You must have missed what I was responding to.

The claim was that there was NEVER a good cause.
I just showed that there was.
talk72000

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:14 pm
The influence of the military-industrial complex is great. The need to use up obsolete weapons or ammunition might be the trigger for the trigger happiness.

Quote:
al-Qaeda courier, a Kuwaiti-born man named Sheikh Abu Ahmed
in the killing of Osama bin Laden.

It shows the oil-rich countries mostly support Al Qaeda.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:08 pm
@mysteryman,
mm, My mistake. You are right, of coarse!
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:29 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
If they had sent me I would not have come back alive...
Laughing A legend in your own mind . You would probably squeal for mummy like the emotional piece of **** you are .

Quote:
I would have turned my guns on idiot officers
So you support murder, just the ones you choose....how old are you ? 14 and very angry at dad ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:32 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
In an insane society it is the sane who seem insane...
There is no seeming about it.....you and JoinTalibanTerrorism support murder, you just want to have the power to decide who gets murdered .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Our use of agent orange and the damage it caused the Vietnamese people are still evident in that country today.
The North Vietnamese use of torture, the "peace" activists and the damage caused are still evident in our country today . War is hell . Go glad hand Al Qaeda, show them how friendly and misunderstood we are .....boom boom !
Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:54 pm
@JTT,
The North Vietnamese :
Quote:
The Huế Massacre (Vietnamese: Thảm sát tại Huế Tết Mậu Thân) is the name given to describe the summary executions and mass killings perpetrated by the Viet Cong and North Vietnam during their capture, occupation and later withdrawal from the city of Huế during the Tet Offensive,

Quote:
the intentional murder of American civilians (including missionaries and USAID workers) captured and murdered by the North Vietnamese. U.S. POWs did not fair any better. Those that were not murdered were systematically tortured by the North Vietnamese. Although these atrocities qualify as war crimes under the Geneva Convention, the lunatic fringe of the radical left condones those acts as "justifiable".
I wonder who they mean when they say lunatic fringe ?

And this one by JoinTalibanTerrorism's own little darlings :
Quote:
Mass killing of the locals; 4,000 to 5,000 civilians were executed, and many more reported tortured.

Quote:
8 Iranian diplomats were assassinated and an Iranian press correspondent was murdered by the Taliban.

Your poor Iraqi friends under Saddly Insane :
Quote:
Iraq made extensive use of chemical weapons, including mustard gas and nerve agents such as tabun. Iraqi chemical weapons were responsible for over 100,000 Iranian casualties (including 20,000 deaths).

Quote:
Iraq attacked oil tankers from neutral nations in an attempt to disrupt enemy trade

Quote:
Iraq also used chemical weapons against their own Kurdish population causing casualties estimated between several hundred up to 5,000 deaths.[94] On December 23, 2005 a Dutch court ruled in a case brought against Frans van Anraat for supplying chemicals to Iraq, that "[it] thinks and considers legally and convincingly proven that the Kurdish population meets the requirement under the genocide conventions as an ethnic group. The court has no other conclusion that these attacks were committed with the intent to destroy the Kurdish population of Iraq." and because he supplied the chemicals before 16 March 1988, the date of the Halabja attack, he is guilty of a war crime but not guilty of complicity in genocide.

By poor poor Iran :
Quote:
Iran attacked oil tankers from neutral nations in an attempt to disrupt enemy trade.

Quote:
Laid mines in international waters

Quote:
Iran used volunteers (among them children) in high risk operations for example in clearing mine fields within hours to allow the advancement of regular troops.

Now which one is this ? North Korea or North Vietnam ?
Quote:
The evidence before the subcommittee conclusively proves that American prisoners of war who were not deliberately murdered at the time of capture or shortly after capture, were beaten, wounded, starved, and tortured; molested, displayed, and humiliated before the civilian populace and/or forced to march long distances without benefit of adequate food, water, shelter, clothing, or medical care to Communist prison camps, and there to experience further acts of human indignities. Communist massacres and the wholesale extermination of their victims is a calculated part of Communist psychological warfare.

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
because it only confirmed what a few vets I talked during the war to told me
"It only confirmed"....."a few vets".....riveting stuff if you like exaggerations and bias...talk to any North Vietnamese vets did you ?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:06 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
he defeat of the ambitions of the Japanese Empire during WW2 were good causes.

Why was this a good cause, MM?
Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 06:18 pm
@JTT,
Who do you work for ? Who employs you on the propaganda staff because it is blatantly obvious you are not rational or you are being paid to promote anti-USA propaganda ....
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:31 pm
Quote:
BENGHAZI, LIBYA — Libya’s rebel government said Tuesday that it is asking international donors for up to $3 billion in loans, warning that without the cash infusion it will be unable to pay the salaries of civil servants and provide food and medicine to civilians.

Rebel leaders have urged countries that froze Libyan assets to shift that money to them, but diplomats say there are legal obstacles to such a move. A senior U.S. official said the coalition wants to provide financial support to the rebels, but hasn’t committed to a precise amount and is trying to figure out how to do so legally.

Top diplomats from around the world, including Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, are scheduled to discuss ways to meet the financial needs of the rebels at a meeting in Rome on Thursday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle-east/libyas-rebel-government-asks-for-3-billion-in-international-loans/2011/05/03/AFdADVjF_story.html?hpid=z5

OOPS!
Ionus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:44 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
It shows the oil-rich countries mostly support Al Qaeda.
WTF ? It shows you havent a clue how many oil-rich countries there are and how many people there are in them .
talk72000

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:04 pm
@Ionus,
How come a Brit in Ozzieland? Got kicked out?
JTT

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 12:47 pm
@mysteryman,
You didn't "show" anything, MM. You said that the defeat of the Japanese ambitions in WWII was a good cause and I asked you to explain why you thought so. Please, go ahead.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 01:01 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Our use of agent orange and the damage it caused the Vietnamese people are still evident in that country today.
The North Vietnamese use of torture, the "peace" activists and the damage caused are still evident in our country today . War is hell . Go glad hand Al Qaeda, show them how friendly and misunderstood we are .....boom boom !
Once people have been made brutes, even the devoutly religious sort, there is no more talking to them... We have prisons full of people we can't talk to... I am certain most of them did not begin life as brutes, but most of them will end life as brutes... There is nothing wrong with wanting your society to avoid brutalizing people inside and out; but there will always be those who deny it, or justify it...
JTT

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 05:32 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Talk72000:It shows the oil-rich countries mostly support Al Qaeda.

The US isn't all that oil rich but they had a large hand in inventing Al Qaeda, supporting them, nurturing them, looks like they may well have had a working relationship right up to 9-11.

Quote:
Court Documents Shed Light on CIA Illegal Operations in Central Asia Using Islam & Madrassas
Court Documents Shed Light on CIA Illegal Operations in Central Asia Using Islam & Madrassas
- Sibel Edmonds State Secrets Gallery Connects Pipeline Politics, Madrassas & the Turkish Proxies

http://lukery.blogspot.com/2008/07/court-documents-shed-light-on-cia.html
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 05:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
Watch me swear.
0 Replies