Interesting Relationship Dilemma.

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 07:45 am
I am the mediator in this discussion.
The Question is whether or not it is disrespectful to either party to have either a unknown man/woman in the house while the other partner is not there. The one partner has been friends with this person for awhile but the other partner knows nothing about him/her. So the question, is it disrespectful to allow the third party to be in the house while the other partner is not there?

The one partner who does not know the third party asked their partner to have the third party leave until they could arrive. The partner said that they were ok with the third party being there as long as they were there. The partner was not ok with the third party being there and expressed that verbally. It took the partner about 45 minutes to get home from work. When they come home they found the third party still there, laying halfway on a mattress sitting in the living room in the house. Along with the second party laying on the couch and a family member having a conversation. The first party asked the third party could you leave multiple times. The third party doesn't move and looks at the second party in defiance of the the first parties request. That's when the first party walked over to the third party to help him off the floor. The first party went to go grab his arm and the third party moved away and requested not to be touched while he was getting up. The first party then explains it's reasoning multiple times as to why the first party requested the third party to leave while they were taking their time to grab their belongings. The first party Feels upset because the third was still present when they got home after they already requested for him to leave 45 mins prior to all of this. The First party feels the second party was not backing them because they had to ask the third party multiple times to leave the house. The first party feels the second party was verbally backing the third party instead of them by not telling the third party to leave when the first party requested it multiple times.

The Second party told the first party that they told the third party that the first party did not want them there until they were there so the first party could meet them. The third party then left after being told what the first party told the second party 5 minutes into the 45 before he arrived home. and said he was going to the store and brought back an item requested by the fourth party. When the third party returned they were present for only fifteen minutes before the first party arrived home. The Second party was planning on going to the emergency room and used that as an excuse to leave without hurting the feelings of the third party by telling them they had to leave again. The second party was waiting on the fourth party to finish a task they had before they left for the emergency room. The second party has known the third party going on 8 years. They have never dated and were just friends. The third party is also married. The third party drove five hours to get to where the second party lives to see the second party and the mother of the second party who was a few weeks deceased but the third party was unaware of the death until arrival.

Please give feedback other than short answers like yes or no. If you say yes/no please explain your opinion and why you chose your answers?

Thank you ahead of time I look forward to reading your posts!.

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 08:00 am
It's all very confusing, but bottom line is: meet someone at another place if home is not available.

BTW: What does "partner" mean?
If partners means committment, then there should be no "meetings" with other people anywhere that upsets the partner.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 08:07 am
@jinlova611,
This is FAR too confusing to follow. You couldn't have generated a classic example of a seemingly intentionally confusing story if you tried. 4 parties? Come on! You'll need to simplify this and attach less distracting elements and meaningless sub-plots. For example it's hard to tell who is dating, who is male, who is female, who is currently romantic and who was once romantic and what the real problem there is besides some vaguely general conflict.

The general direction of advice (for both people in the present romantic couple) about this conflict (that I'm able to figure out): trust your relationship and the person whom you care for. Determine if they're worth of your trust. If you have a real basis for a relationship, then don't confuse or undermine it with meaningless players/parties and subplots form the present and past.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 09:20 pm
@jinlova611,
As if there is one answer to this sort of thing. What is right for one person may be wrong for another.

The male partner is disrespectfully not trusting his female partner
- the male partner also has no right to choose the female partners friends

The female partner is disrespectfully not abiding by her partners feelings
- the male partner has a right to be upset by the female partners choice of friends
- the female partner has every right to hear his feelings, and choose that friendship is more important than a partners insecurities
- the female partner should make every endeavour to disagree respectfully and, while standing up for her right to choose her friends, care for her male partners feelings

The position of people, unless they were touching each other, or appearing to, is irrelevant, especially with another family member present other than the male partner. From this perspective the male partner is being obnoxious in his attitude.

The female partner may have asked the male friend to stay and meet her male partner. The female partner should have phoned and told the male partner this. The male friend should have not chosen to stay longer than his welcome wore out. The female partner apparently had an agenda in the male friend staying longer - but that is somewhat unclear from the story.

That story can be picked apart a lot more than that. It doesn't appear that anyone is 'in the clear' in this story. I'm presuming it's eitherwise a homework assignment, or if it is a real story, then the parties involved are from a rather low socio-economic class, and eitherwise involved, or want to be involved, or are somewhat into drugs.
MichellePerez1027

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 04:56 pm
@vikorr,
just from reading your answer, it appears to me you have some personal self esteem issues and think things that are irrelevant somehow make you better than others....like you are on some fictional pedestal. im just assuming here, but do you really feel like your life sucks or you hate yourself? do you find yourself trying to convince yourself otherwise by trying to appear intelligent and superior to others in hopes that if you convince others of that, that you might actually begin feel like that?....if so, its not going to happen. the only thing that will happen is people attacking you back and thinking you are an A-hole, in turn causing you to hate yourself more. havent you ever heard the saying "when you point your finger, four others are pointing back at you"?
JPB

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 05:03 pm
@MichellePerez1027,
Laughing

I've never seen this thread. What a hoot!

Welcome to A2K, Michelle.

To the OP, the first party needs to chill out.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 06:08 pm
@MichellePerez1027,
MichellePerez1027 wrote:

just from reading your answer, it appears to me you have some personal self esteem issues and think things that are irrelevant somehow make you better than others....like you are on some fictional pedestal. im just assuming here, but do you really feel like your life sucks or you hate yourself? do you find yourself trying to convince yourself otherwise by trying to appear intelligent and superior to others in hopes that if you convince others of that, that you might actually begin feel like that?....if so, its not going to happen. the only thing that will happen is people attacking you back and thinking you are an A-hole, in turn causing you to hate yourself more. havent you ever heard the saying "when you point your finger, four others are pointing back at you"?

I gotta admit, that is the goddamnedest post I've ever seen. I do hope he appreciates the analysis. If not, I at least hope you didn't invest more than say, two minutes throwing it together.
JPB

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 06:22 pm
@roger,
I know. That's why I was laughing. The OP was pretty entertaining too.
panzade

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 08:02 pm
hey vik! Somebody finally got your number Very Happy
Mame

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 09:24 pm
@jinlova611,
I think the first party who had known the fourth party for 8 years should have known how the second party would have felt, especially after the trip to the Emergency Room. And when the third party and second party were laying around the living room, were they eating chips by any chance? Why did it take the partner (not sure which party he is) 45 minutes to get home? Was there a traffic jam or an accident? Because normally, it doesn't take that long. And about the party that went to the store, did he bring back stuff for everyone, because if not, that was rude.
aidan

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 11:01 pm
@jinlova611,
Quote:
I am the mediator in this discussion.
The Question is whether or not it is disrespectful to either party to have either a unknown man/woman in the house while the other partner is not there. The one partner has been friends with this person for awhile but the other partner knows nothing about him/her. So the question, is it disrespectful to allow the third party to be in the house while the other partner is not there?

The one partner who does not know the third party asked their partner to have the third party leave until they could arrive. The partner said that they were ok with the third party being there as long as they were there. The partner was not ok with the third party being there and expressed that verbally. It took the partner about 45 minutes to get home from work. When they come home they found the third party still there, laying halfway on a mattress sitting in the living room in the house. Along with the second party laying on the couch and a family member having a conversation. The first party asked the third party could you leave multiple times. The third party doesn't move and looks at the second party in defiance of the the first parties request. That's when the first party walked over to the third party to help him off the floor. The first party went to go grab his arm and the third party moved away and requested not to be touched while he was getting up. The first party then explains it's reasoning multiple times as to why the first party requested the third party to leave while they were taking their time to grab their belongings. The first party Feels upset because the third was still present when they got home after they already requested for him to leave 45 mins prior to all of this. The First party feels the second party was not backing them because they had to ask the third party multiple times to leave the house. The first party feels the second party was verbally backing the third party instead of them by not telling the third party to leave when the first party requested it multiple times.

The Second party told the first party that they told the third party that the first party did not want them there until they were there so the first party could meet them. The third party then left after being told what the first party told the second party 5 minutes into the 45 before he arrived home. and said he was going to the store and brought back an item requested by the fourth party. When the third party returned they were present for only fifteen minutes before the first party arrived home. The Second party was planning on going to the emergency room and used that as an excuse to leave without hurting the feelings of the third party by telling them they had to leave again. The second party was waiting on the fourth party to finish a task they had before they left for the emergency room. The second party has known the third party going on 8 years. They have never dated and were just friends. The third party is also married. The third party drove five hours to get to where the second party lives to see the second party and the mother of the second party who was a few weeks deceased but the third party was unaware of the death until arrival.

Jinlova - this is the best post I've seen on this forum in a long time.
And I like your username.

In my opinion, if someone is an adult, it is absolutely ridiculous for a second party to tell that first party that they can't have a third party in the house with him or her until that second or other party gets home.

I'd be like, 'What the hell?!'

Now I'm supposed to stand for being told who I can or can't have in my house when?

No. That just wouldn't happen. And I'm looking at it from both sides. I can't see myself telling a second party who was an adult - 'Hey, you can't have a third party in our house unless I'm present.'

What is the first party afraid of? Does s/he think the second party is going to have illicit sex with the third party?

In that case, I'd just say, 'Please respect me enough not to **** around with anyone else in my house while I'm not there.'
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 11:04 pm
PARTY PARTY PARRRRRTEEEEEE
Any more parties and my face is gonna break out.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 12:04 am
@panzade,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 12:05 am
@Mame,
Are you making that up Mame, or did you really read it all the way through?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:59 am
Will the party to the first party (snort, snort) please hang up?
Tai Chi

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 11:23 am
@PUNKEY,
Geez, Punkey, what are you snorting?
0 Replies

MichellePerez1027

Reply Fri 13 May, 2011 09:11 pm
@JPB,
it took 2mins(i type fast lol) n i have a reason to....that JINLOVA is my brother. And i cant stand people who think their **** smells like roses. I take the time to treat people how they treat others....Even if it was a true story, where does he get off telling people they are from a low socioeconomic class when he doesnt know them or anything about. hes a bully and i will and always have bullied bullys
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 14 May, 2011 06:02 am
Was anybody here able to help you? Or provide you with whatever you wanted?
0 Replies