Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 07:38 pm
Nope, factual speech. Why do you keep saying we're trying to stop him speaking when we repeat again and again he had a right to do it, just as the woman had a right to react to it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 08:21 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You don't understand Christianity or Islam. Until you educate yourselff with the doctrines of each then you are just spinning your wheels.

Do you believe you are educated on these topics? This is a serious question.

I must have missed the answer.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:21 am
@MontereyJack,
She has no right to grab his microphone. That is what you will not admit. Then you claim the guy is an asshole for practicing his constitutional right. Why do you hate the constitution of the United States?
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You miss a lot of things, Walter.
parados

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:30 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You miss a lot of things, Walter.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Now you've just left the topic. That means you've run out of talking points and have resorted to la la land. You lose.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:35 am
@parados,
Poor baby needs some attention. Don't worry, I'll get around to you.
raprap

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 08:02 am
Wonder what bubby will say about this, World Without Hate?

This site was created by an Islamic-American who was the victim of a post 9/11 hate crime to petition petition for the life of his perpetrator who is now scheduled for execution in Texas. What I find interesting in the web page is this quote for his magnanimity.

Quote:
I am requesting that Mark Stroman’s death penalty be commuted to life in prison with no parole. There are three reasons I feel this way. The first is because of what I learned from my parents. They raised me with the religious principle that he is best who can forgive easily. The second reason is because of what I believe as a Muslim, which is that human lives are precious and that no one has the right to take another human’s life. In my faith, forgiveness is the best policy and Islam doesn’t allow for hate and killing. And, finally, I seek solace for the wives and children of Mr. Hasan and Mr. Patel, who are also victims in this tragedy. Executing Stroman is not what they want, either. They have already suffered so much; it will only cause more suffering if he is executed.
emphasis mine

This site provides evidence that the real 'evil' isn't the dogma of any faith, the real 'evil' is the extremes that religious fanatics take to enforce their own interpretations of their dogma.

So do I believe that there are Islamic fanatics, Yes. But there are also Xtiam fanatics and Hebrew ones and Hindu ones and Buddhist ones and Atheist ones.

The good news is that fanatics of all religions are a small fraction of the total. The bad news is that that fraction of fanatics can be pumped by the hate mongering press.

That is my greatest fear. That the weak and the easily led can be urged to follow the fanatics. That hate can become endemic. That people like bubby become encouraged to spread their fanaticism when no one is around to say BS and to take your silly delusions elsewhere.

Rap
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 08:06 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
What he was doing was perfectly legal. That doesn't mean he wasn't disrupting. Disrupting in the manner he choose is legal.

I am curious as to what education you have on:
1) US law
2) Theology

You seem to claim to know lots about both but keep making elementary errors.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 08:08 am
@failures art,
So? You have no point. The fact that you think his speech is disrupting has no bearing on his constitutional right. Grow up.
raprap

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 08:25 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
The point is on top of your bigoted head. Ignorance breed hate, bubby--your ignorance shows.

Rap
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 08:29 am
@raprap,
So what was your point in posting that video?
raprap

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:01 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
I like to hear your bigoted, ignorant whine--it broadcasts to the world what you and your type is, provocateurs of hate.

My hope is that your constant whining will encourage other posters to investigate your wild claims and to do their own research. Bigotry and hatred like yours is akin to a cockroach, it can't stand exposure.

Apparently that is exactly what my posting of the video did--it exposed your ignorance of the US Constitution and history in general and the 1st amendment in particular.

Look at it this way, bubby, I'm trying to prevent an American Taliban.

Sinclair Lewis wrote:
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

Rap
ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:04 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
Disrupting in the manner he choose is legal.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:05 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:
The fact that you think his speech is disrupting has no bearing on his constitutional right.

Learn to read.

Or see if they'll let you back into politicalforum.com
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:41 am
@raprap,
Not that I agree with every single statement made by members on one side or the other of this thread's controversy (because I don't); but I've noticed that just as gungasnake uses the word "slammite" instead of "Muslim," you use the word "Xtian" instead of "Christian." Would you say that your reason is the same as his? (Yeah, I know. The first sentence is badly written. Laughing )
raprap

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 10:03 am
@wmwcjr,
I never thought of that aspect but I guess my rationalization of difference between the snake and I is that I do not use Xtian to be insulting. It's just that as not being a Christian (Jesus Christ was a rebbi, not a savior) I have gotten into the habit of using the X in reference to the season and it carries over here.

BTW I'm not Jewish either. The nearest I can discern is Taoism/Deism as my faith basically boils down to 'I don't know and you don't either' but I admire the spiritual guidance of most religions (I draw the line with fundamentalists of all stripes and Satanists).

Rap
failures art

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 10:32 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
My point is the man is being a bigot and disruptive. I nor anyone else has challenged that he doesn't have a constitutional right to be bigoted. He's an example of Christian fundamental hate. Again, watch the video, and you'll hear others in the crowd who are Christian condemning him. Christianity is not immune from the same types of hate that Islam has. You seem to think Christianity is elevated above this.

It is not.

A
R
T
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 11:03 am
@ehBeth,
That's a pretty broad statement, and one I doubt you can back up with evidence.

In any case, the street preacher is not complaining about the girl, he actually uses his very subdued reaction to her antics as an example of how someone can override a negative impulse or deny a harmful desire.

Whether or not one can empathize with the crowds antagonism towards him, there is a line over which they cannot step in terms of how they express that antagonism. Calling the guy a retard doesn't cross that line, and it can be argued (as raprap has) that it is her legally protected right to do so. However, while making a feeble effort to grab the guy's mike may not be considered crossing the line either, she certainly didn't have a legally protected right to do so.

Raprap's claim that she was simply responding in kind (which you seem to agree with) is a common response when someone crosses the line in response to free speech that they find offensive. The fact of the matter is that no one has a legally protected right to physically accost someone who they find offensive, no matter whether that person is motivated by hatred, or not.

The sword cuts both ways.
raprap

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 11:23 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, I've always been amazed that these encounters never became a 1st amendment issue.

Fistfights on the floor of congress

Rap
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 01:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That's a pretty broad statement, and one I doubt you can back up with evidence.

since I was saying something was my opinion ("I think ..."), I can confirm that the evidence is ... that is my opinion.

It's not the first time I've posted about my general view of American politicians and how coddled they are ... and yes, I think street preachers/street politicians fall into the same species. I wasn't asking you to agree. You're free to think that American politicians are tough, just as I'm free to think that they're not.