Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 01:34 pm
@raprap,
Thank you for responding to me in a civil manner. Believe me, I appreciate it. Smile Now I understand why you use "Xtian." No problem.

You would consider my religious convictions to be narrow-minded, but I have a "live and let live" attitude towards people and am too cognizant of my own flaws and shortcomings to ever become self-righteous and arrogant. I've actually felt inferior in some ways for many years. The "kingdom of heaven" in the New Testament is spiritual, not a political entity. Persecuting people is always wrong. Even though I'm a Christian, I would eventually be persecuted under a supposed "theocracy" just like many other people. I remember reading a recent post of yours in which you indicated you have a close friend who is a Muslim, which should explain one reason why you have been so outspoken in this thread. I can appreciate this sort of friendship. Two of my closest friends come from backgrounds completely different from my own childhood, but their friendship is deeply appreciated because of the positive impact they've had in my life.
raprap

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 02:17 pm
@wmwcjr,
I have learned long ago to respect a persons individual religion, and in many cases I am envious of the surety of their personal faith. In responce I expect the same. Fortunately I find it in most people, when I don't I react and confront.

However; I am more of a curious bystander than a pilgrim searching for the meaning of faith. I guess that may be why I've found an attraction to the 'How' rather than the 'Why' of nature and the reality we all occupy.

Rap

parados

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:50 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Poor baby needs some attention. Don't worry, I'll get around to you.

Another Renaldo quote
Tell me, is being dumber than a goat kinda like being high all the time? Let us know. You lose.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:52 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

So? You have no point. The fact that you think his speech is disrupting has no bearing on his constitutional right. Grow up.

Another silly Renaldo quote
Absolutely nothing you said had anything to do with my point. I'll take a nap if you agree to lay off the meth.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 05:04 pm
@failures art,
Do you believe Jesus was a bigot and a man of hate?
parados

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 05:10 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

And another Renaldo quote

You are a whiney baby. No one likes a whiner. Stop with your dishonesty and I am confident you will be treated much better.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 05:14 pm
@failures art,
Be careful here FA. Methinks bubby is attempting to ask a loaded question.

My answer would be no, and neither was Mohammed, Buddha, or any other true rebbi. However, hatred has been built out of their words by the twisted logic of ambitious fundamentalist fanatics.

Rap
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 05:31 pm
@raprap,
What words of Jesus did the street preacher twist to words of hate?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 05:49 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You miss a lot of things, Walter.

Indeed. I'll try to read, study, see, hear .... as much as possible. Although I've a couple of thousand books, got some academic degrees, visited some dozen countries, speak three languages, understand four more - I can't know as much as you do.

But why in God's name don't you try to teach us .... something substantive, based on facts and sources?
raprap

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 05:50 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
The same ones you are using--bubby.

Rap
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Hell, Walter. I was the one who had to teach you what your own church believes. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:01 pm
@raprap,
I thought so. Now everyone can see you just spew crap and hope something sticks. It's becoming clearer where the hate is coming from. Keep talking, you're doing just fine.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:04 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Hell, Walter. I was the one who had to teach you what your own church believes.

Well, obviously my religion teachers (one a cardinal, archbishop of Munich and professor for Christian Social Teachings, visiting professor at the Pontifical Gregorian University) must go to your school because they taught me the wrong stuff.
raprap

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:08 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Crap sticks to crap bubby. And it sticks pretty good to you. So you must be crap.

Rap
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Whatever. All we know for certain, Walter, is that you didn't know Jesus is God in the flesh according to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:13 pm
@raprap,
You call the street preacher a bigot and a hater and you can't even tell us what he said that makes him a bigot and a hater. That has nothing to do with me and everything to do with you. Very revealing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:13 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Whatever. All we know for certain, Walter, is that you didn't know Jesus is God in the flesh according to the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Could you give me a Catholic quote for that? And the date, when the Catholic Church abandoned the Nicene Creed?
raprap

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:22 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Now you're spreading Xtian love right, bubby.

Somehow, even through an impersonal medium like this I'd bet that Walter lives closer to the words of the 'Prince of Peace' than you. Remember bubby, Judge not lest ye be Judged (Matthew 7).

Rap
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:33 pm
@raprap,
Well, the reaso, raprap. that RD doesn't like it, is quite simple:
Quote:
Cardinal Marx launched in October 2008 a book ("Das Kapital: A Plea for Man"), named after the work by Karl Marx, that critiques capitalism. Reinhard Marx said the current worldwide financial crisis required a "fundamental social debate" and raised questions about the capacity of contemporary economies to "ensure the welfare of the world."
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:04 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

...only when talking to his mother. Other than that, he was alright--Six out of ten stars. As a story character, I'll take Atticus Finch over Jesus any day. Why do you ask?

Oh wait! Change my answer to Dumbledore. He's far more compelling.

A
R
T