Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

spendius

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2011 04:29 am
@Advocate,
I must be one of the "cranky right wingers".
0 Replies

RykerWrite

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 02:52 am
@maxdancona,
Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

No more than I am against stupid intelligence. One cannot be both at the same time. Christianity is based upon the Bible and the belief that Jesus Christ is the Messiah. Muslims forbid the Bible in their lands, and deny the Lordship of Jesus Christ. If a Muslim converts to Christianity, they must be killed.

Christians abhor rape. It is part of the Muslim religion to murder any woman that has been raped.

Muslims do NOT believe in sex only within the confines of marriage. A man can have as many concubines as he wants; and marriage is not one man honoring his wife. It can mean owning up to four women that he calls his wife(s). Their status is barely above that of a concubine.

Slavery has always been a part of the Muslim religion. In fact, slavery had largely died out in the West when the Muslims and the Venetians who bought slaves from the Muslims re-introduced it to the west. The term ‘slave’ comes from the Muslims who captured Slavs and turned them into slaves. Our word ‘slave’ is derived from the Muslim word for Slav.

Slavery was legal in Saudi Arabia until 1970. Slave trade is still going on in Muslim countries. In Sudan, the northern Muslims have constantly raided the south for slaves. They would murder the adults, and enslave the children. When the slave children got older, they would murder them to keep them from rebelling. They could always get more where they came from. Sudan is not the only Muslim country that promotes slavery, but it is the most egregious.

Slavery is still advocated in the middle east and Arabia. The argument is that men need a slave so that they can gratify their anatomy when they don’t have a wife or four. It is recommended that they capture Russian blondes from Chechnya because they like blondes.

There is nothing to prevent them from preferring an American Blonde. It would be all well and good since they consider us as infidels.

Jesus said well when he spoke of the Muslim God: The thief comes not but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.

God and allah are not the same. Christianity and the Muslim religion are not the same. Sharia law and justice are not the same. They can never be mixed.

It would seem that you know nothing about Christianity, or the Muslim religion or both.
RykerWrite

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 03:38 am
@maxdancona,
Max says:
1) This is clearly untrue. Christians in the US are using terrorism to limit access to abortion-- and they are being effective. Muslim terrorism in the US hasn't had any success in meeting their objectives.

2)Extremist Christians are behind the most repressive parts of American society both politically and socially. In Muslim dominated countries Muslims have the ability to disrupt government. In the US where Christianity is the dominant religion, it is Christians extremist groups with real plots to overthrow the government.

3)There is no real threat from Muslims other than external acts of terror that will kill people but have no real ability to reach any political goal. I really don't know what you imagine that Muslims can do.

4)There is a real threat from Christians who work inside the country and have the ability to cause real problems.

1] Christians do not terrorize abortion clinics. Some Christians do protest marches. Once in a while someone does something illegal -- even murder. These acts are never condoned by other Christians; and I have seen not conspiracy of Christians wanting to break any laws to harm abortion clinics.

2] You say: "Extremist Christians are behind the most repressive parts of American society both politically and socially." Your use of the term extremist alarms me. It makes me think that you have a vendetta against Christians. then to say that they are behind the most repressive parts of American society both politically and socially. I have observed the Tea Party which has a Christian element; and I have observed the OWS. The extreme left is the most repressive. Not any element of Christianity.

You bandy words around as if you have license to twist things any way that you want. "Extremist Christians", "repressive". You use whatever words that you want to twist things any way that you want. The more that I read your posts, the more I am convinced that you have a deep seated hatred for Christians, and that that hatred warps your view of reality.

4] Christians are a real threat??? I was worried there for a moment. I actually thought that Muslims might be a threat. What are the Christians going to do. God to church? Pray to the living God?

I am not worried about Christians. I am worried about some Muslims; and I am worried about some nuts who have a warped sense of reality, and think that they have an exclusive interpretation of truth.

4] Christians are a threat? It is Christians who strive for virtue and honesty. It is Christians who pray for people, and have sponsored most of the charities in the land.

You have no understanding of Christianity at all. Your only purpose in life is to hate Christianity, hate God, and espouse sharia law.

You seem to think that if you can hate something, conjure up vitriolic accusations to make against people and to twist facts that you are contributing to something.

The Bible says of the devil that he is the accuser of the brethren, and you seem to be one of his cronies.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 09:30 am
So are there or are there not Christians trying to implement biblical laws in our civil legal structure or not?

The only threat of Muslim Sharia is if Christians tear down the protections from theocracy.

A
R
T
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 10:38 am
@RykerWrite,
Is answering religious extremism with facts every worth the effort. I don't know why I keep trying.

1) Slavery existed as a human institution long before Christianity or Islam were invented.

2) The slave trade in the US was run and supported by Christians. The people who rebelled from the US in large part to keep their slaves were Christian.

3) Slavery is no more a part of the Muslim religion than it is of the Christian religion. There are passages in the Bible where the Apostle Paul tell slaves to obey their master which 150 years ago many Christians in the US believed meant that God approved of slavery. But, I agree it would be wrong for a non-Christian to tell modern Christians what their religion says (the same way it is wrong for you to say what the Islam says).

4) Christians have used rape as a means of war recently. The Christian Serbs had rape camps set up by the army to demoralize the civilian population. Of course this isn't a new phenomenon.

5) I am not anti-Christian. I am anti-religious extremism. I am neither Muslim or Christian and I personally don't see much difference between the two.

I respect the Muslims who are good people and stand up for what is right. I respect the Christians who are good people and stand up for what is right.

When either Muslims or Christians start spewing hatred or trying to push their religion on me, I get a little upset.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 08:11 pm
Quote:
Slavery has always been a part of the Muslim religion. In fact, slavery had largely died out in the West when the Muslims and the Venetians who bought slaves from the Muslims re-introduced it to the west. The term ‘slave’ comes from the Muslims who captured Slavs and turned them into slaves. Our word ‘slave’ is derived from the Muslim word for Slav.

Out of curiosity, I did a little research on this.

It turns out the word "slave" is not a "Muslim" word at all. It is from Medieval Latin. It was Otto the Great, a Christian conquerer, who enslaved the Slavs. See http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=slave

I am still looking for something that my friend RykerWrite got correct.
0 Replies

RonPrice

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 07:13 am
Some threads in cyberspace go on and on and on. I'm not even sure if I have contributed to this thread or not. I can't find my post if I have. If I persisted I might find it. Anyway, I'll add a thought here before leaving this thread tonight as Australia heads to its mid-autumn season.-Ron
----------------------------------------------
Just to get the context in terms of general religious law we need to define our terms. Religious law refers to ethical and moral codes taught by religious traditions; examples include: customary halakha (Jewish law), Hindu law, sharia (Islamic law) and Canon law (Christian law).

The two most prominent systems of religious law are: Canon law and Shari'a. They both differ from other religious laws in that Canon law is the codification of Catholic, Anglican and Orthodox law as in civil law, while Shari'a derives many of its laws from juristic precedent and reasoning by analogy---like in a common law tradition. I would recommend Wikipedia to readers here for an excellent overview of the subject at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_law
0 Replies