Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:39 am
@djjd62,
That's nice.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:40 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
interesting, i grew up in the 70's, my parents divorced, but all the stuff i saw in schools about families was happy two parent families (mom and dad), certainly didn't fit my life, but it didn't confuse me, so how does giving kids the truth about the world and the people in it be confusing
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:41 am
@djjd62,
There are many voices in the world. How do YOU determine which ones to listen to and which ones to ignore?
parados

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:45 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
DOESN'T ANYBODY CARE ABOUT THE CHILDREN?

What gay agenda? Why do you think it is confusing the kids? Do you have kids? Have you talked to them about it? Or are you relying on your own confusion?
djjd62

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:46 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
about the only folks i actively ignore are religious folks, but i think they have every right to their beliefs and that said beliefs, where they don't contravene any laws, should be protected

do i think the gay agenda is obnoxious, at times, but no more obnoxious than most agendas people push

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:51 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
why not, if the known leader of a drug cartel from a foreign country came to America,
and an arrest warrant was sworn out for him (as a group in texas was prepared to do
against the pope when he was to visit there), he'd be arrested
Explain what authority "a group" has to issue an arrest warrant?????
djjd62

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
In August Pope Benedict was personally accused in a lawsuit of conspiring to cover up the molestation of three boys in Texas by Juan Carlos Patino-Arango in Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.

not an arrest warrant sorry, but he was blocked by immunity from even having to answer the charges in the lawsuit, i think that's wrong, i disagree with diplomatic immunity for anybody, but especially the pope

0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 11:21 am
@parados,
Give me something new. I've heard all your arguments. I'm not the one confused, buddy. I know my penis doesn't belong in another man's rectum. Duh.
parados

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 12:27 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I see you can't make a cogent response so resort to potty talk. Duh indeed.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 06:33 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Why do conservatives have so much trouble understanding the first amendment?

The first Amendment means that we can't pass laws that stop a "certain group" of Christians (or anyone else) from expressing their views.

The first Amendment doesn't mean that I can't speak out against a "certain group" of Christians that I think are jerks. In fact it means quite the opposite. I can speak out against anyone that I want (and sure they can speak out against me).

If a certain group of Christians wants to stand out side of military funerals with "God Hates Fags" signs, that is their first Amendment right.

http://newsfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/westboro-baptist-church1.jpg

But of course, it is also my first Amendment right to say that this "certain group" of Christians are disgraceful assholes.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:19 pm
@parados,
If it's "potty talk" then why do you want to teach it to kids?
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:20 pm
@maxdancona,
I agree. It is also a constitutional right to hold congressional hearings on Islamic terrorism in the USA.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:42 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
I agree. It is also a constitutional right to hold congressional hearings on Islamic terrorism in the USA.

I never said it wasn't. I am just asserting my Constitutional right to point out what a bigoted hypocritical asshole Pete King is for holding them.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 08:34 am
@maxdancona,
Ahhhh. That's too bad. Thank God you live in America where you can say what you believe. If this nation had Sharia Law, you would not be able to do that. Just sayin'.
failures art

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 09:35 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Thank God you live in America where you can say what you believe. If this nation had Sharia Law, you would not be able to do that.

Oh I see. You wish to highlight the USA as the summit of civil liberties. It's funny because, the only way Sharia law could ever come into effect in the USA is if Muslims took advantage of the breaches in the separation of church and state Republicans have so industriously created. You're blushing.

This whole line about how we just need to be grateful enough to not already live under Sharia law is simply stupid.

A
R
T
maxdancona

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 07:50 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Ahhhh. That's too bad. Thank God you live in America where you can say what you believe. If this nation had Sharia Law, you would not be able to do that. Just sayin'.

I don't believe in God so thanking her seems a bit meaningless. But sure, I am against either Muslim or Christian Sharia law. Either of these would be a threat to freedom of expression.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 08:02 pm
@failures art,
If your argument is about republicans then you should address one. I'm not a republican. There is no such thing as "separation of church and state" in the US Constitution.

So tell me what your opinion is about Sharia Law in the USA.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 08:03 pm
@maxdancona,
There is no such thing as "Christian Sharia Law". Repeating a lie isn't going to make it the truth. The USA is a secular nation.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 11:03 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:
There is no such thing as "Christian Sharia Law". Repeating a lie isn't going to make it the truth.
The USA is a secular nation.
Yes.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 05:56 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
The USA is a secular nation.

Then I hope we can get rid of the Defense of Marriage Act for good.

You are quibbling over a term. There are laws, in the US and elsewhere, that are motivated by religious doctrine. Often these laws are against civil rights. There are many US Christian politicians who will tell you they are motivated by the Bible.

Ok, so you don't want to call this Sharia when it is Christians, rather than Muslims.

What should we call it then when Christians, motivated by rigid religious doctrine, take away civil rights from the rest of us? And don't tell me it doesn't happen. As I pointed out, with the murders of abortion doctors, the bombings of abortion clinics and the continued violent rhetoric from Christians, they are even using terrorism in an effective way to take a legal right away from women.