26
   

Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

 
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 06:00 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The USA is a secular nation.
maxdancona wrote:
Then I hope we can get rid of the Defense of Marriage Act for good.
The defintion of marriage is a legal matter,
the same as the definition of voters.
0 Replies
 
Renaldo Dubois
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 08:44 am
@maxdancona,
Give us an example of Christians denying one of your civil rights.
0 Replies
 
failures art
 
  3  
Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 09:10 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

If your argument is about republicans then you should address one. I'm not a republican.

You're advancing republican rhetoric, so I don't care if you call yourself a wizard. My argument is about the artificial distinction made between a Christian installing religious laws versus a Muslim doing the same thing. They are no different, and they are both wrong.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

There is no such thing as "separation of church and state" in the US Constitution.

Funny, because in the post immediately following this one you say...
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

The USA is a secular nation.

The freedom of religion in the USA inherently separates the church from the state to prevent the establishment of a national religion. If this needs to be explained to you, then you're out of your league.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

So tell me what your opinion is about Sharia Law in the USA.

What opinion needs to be had (or for that matter restated)? Sharia law is a bad thing to allow in the USA. Religious courts have no place here. My opinion further is that if such courts are made possible, it will be because of overstepping conservative Christians who opened the door to it. The same ones might I add who are hysterical about the sky falling.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 08:41 am
@failures art,
Depends on the law. That is a big difference and that is the point.

Oh cut the crap. You're not that smart. Congress not having the ability to establlish a state religion is not the same as "separation as church and state". Ask your mommy to explain it to you.

Cristians didn't open the door to anything. What an idiotic statement. The nations in the ME with Sharia Law didn't have any Christians "open the door" for Sharia Law. It's Islam that opens the door.

Anything else?
maxdancona
 
  3  
Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 09:07 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Christian religious extremists are the same as any other type of religious extremists. The US has the luxury of a stable government which (except for the occasional murder or bombing) keeps our religious extremists in check. Christian groups certainly used horrible acts of terrorism to impact the legislation and enforcement of US law in our not very distant past. Of course in other countries from Uganda to Serbia Christian extremists have wreaked havoc in recent times.

There is no question that there is a movement to inject Christian doctrine into US government and law. The Christian groups will say so themselves.
failures art
 
  3  
Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 10:11 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Depends on the law. That is a big difference and that is the point.

Only because you say so. The implementation of "big" or "small" laws where religion is concerned is still the same thing.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Oh cut the crap. You're not that smart. Congress not having the ability to establlish a state religion is not the same as "separation as church and state".

Sure it is. Give examples of what each are if you feel they are different. Amuse me.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Cristians didn't open the door to anything. What an idiotic statement. The nations in the ME with Sharia Law didn't have any Christians "open the door" for Sharia Law. It's Islam that opens the door.

Talk about moving the bar. Those states never had a wall of separation in the government to protect them in the first place. Your statement is vacant. American Conservatives, have been assaulting the secular state for decades now trying to install Christian privilege into American life.

Oh, and it's incorrect. Let's not forget that the Shaw came into power (over a democratically elected official) in Iran by the help of lots of American Christians in the CIA. That didn't work out and things got even worse when the Ayatollah took over in 1978. I guess you aren't counting those Christians that help put sharia law in place. You know, over there in the desert, far far away (where we don't care).

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 10:30 am
@maxdancona,
There you go again. Christian extremism is not the problem. It's not gonna work trying to put Christianity in the same box as Islam. This is nothing more than liberals defending a special interest for more power. It's all about votes.
Renaldo Dubois
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 10:31 am
@failures art,
Tell us which Christian groups opened the door in the ME nations for Sharia law? How idiotic can you be? Ah, Uh, Hold it. Never mind.

Sharia Law is right out of Islam. The liberals should be thankful they live in a nation where the Christians treat them much nicer than the Muslims would under Sharia Law. I suggest all the liberal homosexuals go to Iran and then report back to us how they can live such normal open lives under Sharia Law.

"Christians in the CIA". Amazing, that one. Just because there are Christians in government does not mean that there is a "Christian policy". You are wanting me to believe that just because a CIA guy is a Christian that means there is a Christian policy in our government? That's idiotic. Where do you get this crap? What kind of twisted mind thinks like this?

A liberal mind.
maxdancona
 
  4  
Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 02:19 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
It's not gonna work trying to put Christianity in the same box as Islam.


It seems like they both fit in the religion box pretty well. The smaller group extremists of each religion fit into the religious extremist box.

They are more similar than different.
Anarkatheist
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 04:28 pm
You all realize that religious extremism is no different from any other extreme of an ideology, such as Marxism. The only reason you recognize religion to bash on is because in all of our conscience we know there is no god, therefore basing laws that hurt people on something silly like that is difficult to justify. Whereas other extremism is a never ending debate between a bunch of power hungry barbarians, because those ideology's are much more believable, in a non supernatural sense like the bible.

You are all dumb.

Especially you Maxdancona.

Renaldo Dubois
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 05:58 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't think the majority of Americans would agree with you. The majority of Americans want these hearings. Therefore, you're either not playing with a full deck or you're in denial. Anyone who would make such a statement is obviously ignorant of both Islam and Christianity. Islam was written by a man or war and deceit. Christianity is based on the teachings on God in the flesh, the Son of the Living God, The Savior, and the Author of Love and Peace.

One of us is confused and I don't think it's me.
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 06:49 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Islam was written by a man or war and deceit. Christianity is based on the teachings on God in the flesh, the Son of the Living God, The Savior, and the Author of Love and Peace.


That's funny. I mean, if that is true, then why aren't Christians full of love and peace?
0 Replies
 
failures art
 
  2  
Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 01:45 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Tell us which Christian groups opened the door in the ME nations for Sharia law? How idiotic can you be? Ah, Uh, Hold it. Never mind.

I already stated how conservative Christian groups have opened the door. I do not need to repeat myself. If you're interested in my reply to this, you can reread my previous posts on your time.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Sharia Law is right out of Islam.

The word/term "sharia" is, sure. However, the practice of religious orthodoxy as state law is not a Muslim invention. You've been avoiding this point. Why does this make you so uncomfortable?

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

The liberals should be thankful they live in a nation where the Christians treat them much nicer than the Muslims would under Sharia Law.

Liberal is not an exclusive term with Christian. Plenty of Christians are capable of living perfectly satisfying lives without state endorsement of their religion. This idea you have in your head that Christians are due some sort of thanks for all the not-stoning they do is silly...
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I suggest all the liberal homosexuals go to Iran and then report back to us how they can live such normal open lives under Sharia Law.

...then again being in the USA doesn't prevent a homosexual from being stoned to death by a religious nutso... Christian...

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Man-70-Stoned-to-Death-for-Homosexuality-Police-118243719.html

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

"Christians in the CIA". Amazing, that one. Just because there are Christians in government does not mean that there is a "Christian policy".

I didn't say it was a Christian policy. I was addressing your claim that no Christians opened the door to sharia law. That you can't stand corrected with grace doesn't mean that you haven't been corrected. The story was tangential in many ways, but at the same time the events in Iran are largely a part of the history and rise of radical Islam.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You are wanting me to believe that just because a CIA guy is a Christian that means there is a Christian policy in our government?

We're in a thread about investigating what it means to be a Muslim. If there is no logic in assuming that simply being a Christian in the CIA has no meaning, then why does simply being a Muslim teacher, police officer, doctor, or any role in the USA inherently need investigation by Congress?

The knife cuts both ways.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

That's idiotic. Where do you get this crap? What kind of twisted mind thinks like this?

A liberal mind.

I get that you like to throw out the name-calling bit. I won't bother asking you to stop--perhaps you enjoy it. In that case, go for it. Maybe it makes your posts more fun for you. Here's the thing: You're not good at it. I mean, it's a bit insulting. If you're going to simply ad hominem and slur, is it too much to ask that you not read in so cliche? Do as you wish. It doesn't matter much to me, but it's boring. That's all.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 09:32 am
@failures art,
What an inept collosal failure of a post. You are now reduced to taking my words out of context and answering by editing my reply.

I asked you how many nations in the ME did Christianity open the door to Sharia Law in? You're the one who made the claim. It's not my fault if you can't back up your statements.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 09:51 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
The majority religion in a country tends to impose its will on the minority religions.

That is why in the US, it is Christian groups that have imposed their religious ideology in US law and policy, where in Middle Eastern countries it has been Muslim groups.

In the US, the religious backed far right politics that opposes rights for homosexuals, minorities and women has always been pushed by Christian groups. In other countries they are pushed by their own religious majorities.

Just so you understand, it is the right of Christians to push policies based on their beliefs, and if they can pass them democratically (rather than by killing doctors and planting bombs), then so be it. Of course, I have the same right to oppose these policies democratically (since I don't kill anybody or plant bombs).

My point is that in a Democracy, minority religions are guaranteed the same rights.

The whole point of this thread is equality.




Anarkatheist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 09:56 am
@maxdancona,
Perhaps if we were not united under one blanket law, those people could have the rights they want.

Oh wait, i forget government prevents us from killing each other, so i guess it is necessary.

OH WAIT! Governments kill more people every day than people who work in the economy!
I guess its not necessary!

But i assume you will ignore this post, because since page 1, you have.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 09:59 am
@Anarkatheist,
Anarkatheist, you make me laugh. Have a red ribbon.
Renaldo Dubois
 
  0  
Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 10:08 am
@maxdancona,
I couldn't get past your first statement. America has religous freedom. Doesn't it?
Anarkatheist
 
  0  
Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 10:11 am
@maxdancona,
Look, you have done it again. Yes deflect me too comfort your stupidity.

All you have said this entire time is "The key is equality under the law". That is all you repeat, im not even going to expand on this because i dont want to make you yawn once more.

I sincerely hate you.

I hate your mindset.

I hate your ignorance.

Its frightening how many people in the United States of America think, talk, and vote like you. You are the problem in today's world. But you were meant to be, all of us are, because the time spent arguing between conservatives and liberals (Which is the only option government gives you) fat senators collect taxes and eat big juicy steaks all ******* day.

Its the perfect system.
And you are feeding it.

maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 10:12 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Read the second statement then, it should clear it up.
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/15/2021 at 11:16:48