Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

djjd62

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:37 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
but i was responding to an offshoot about crimes committed by churches or religious institutions (you said that mosques are preaching to kill Americans), well Mr. Pope was ignoring, or actively facilitating by simply moving priests around the country, the abuse of American Children, if you're gonna arrest the Imams, why not the leader of the Holy See (more like "C")
maxdancona

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:38 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Yes. Any group promoting murder of American citizens needs to be closed.

Good, now we are getting somewhere. Of course we still have that pesky 1st amendment to contend with.

Quote:

You want us to leave the Muslims alone and make sure the Christians are controlled. That's what you really want. Why don't you just be honest and admit it.

Of course this isn't true.

First, I am not against all Christians. I am only against a specific brand of Christian who are virulently anti-homosexual and pro-life to the point of violence. I am also very annoyed by their slightly less extreme brothers who have way too much influence on our politics and policies. They want the Bible to be the foundation of American society, and they will tell you as much plainly.

If people are going to act like assholes, including people who are trying to take away rights from minorities, women and homosexuals, I am going to be oppose to them whatever their religion.

However, I don't hate all Christians and I don't oppose all Christians just because some of them are violent extremists or some of them are right wing jerks.

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:39 pm
@djjd62,
Then arrest him. If you have enough evidence then it shouldn't be too difficult.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:40 pm
@maxdancona,
So you're against a "specific brand" of Christian. I see. Well we are against a "specific brand" of Muslim. Explain to me why your cause is more just than mine.

No one is taking away anyone's rights. That's nuts. What rights do I have that queers don't have?

Do you oppose the muslims who are extremists and jerks?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:47 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
believe me if i was a world leader and he came to my country and abuses had occurred there i would, regardless of wether or not he thinks he has diplomatic immunity (a ridiculous concept)
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:50 pm
@djjd62,
You better have the evidence to make an arrest. Lots of people want to arrest someone but can't. Just saying someone is guilty and proving it is the reason we have courts.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 08:08 pm
This is funny and somewhat relevant.
Newt Gingrich wrote:
"I have two grandchildren — Maggie is 11, Robert is 9," Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/52023.html#ixzz1I1Exj7oT
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 08:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Why is it funny?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 04:13 am

American was never intended to be a theocracy.
To twist it into a theocracy is abhorent liberalism.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 05:28 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Are you serious Renaldo?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 05:30 am

ERRATUM:

"American was never intended to be a theocracy.
To twist it into a theocracy is abhorent liberalism."

Shoud have been:

America was never intended to be a theocracy.
To twist it into a theocracy is abhorent liberalism.

0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:14 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
So.. any Christian that is opposed to gays is using the old testament then?
parados

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:17 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Are you serious Renaldo?

I think he is serious and it's funny that he is.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:22 am
@parados,
Either way, I find him amusing.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:18 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
but i was responding to an offshoot about crimes committed by churches or religious institutions (you said that mosques are preaching to kill Americans), well Mr. Pope was ignoring, or actively facilitating by simply moving priests around the country, the abuse of American Children, if you're gonna arrest the Imams, why not the leader of the Holy See (more like "C")
NO jurisdiction.

David
djjd62

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
why not, if the known leader of a drug cartel from a foreign country came to America, and an arrest warrant was sworn out for him (as a group in texas was prepared to do against the pope when he was to visit there), he'd be arrested

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:30 am
@djjd62,
I really don't care what you do with the pope. Go for it. He's no threat to my family. We are not Catholic and he's not trying to blow us up.
djjd62

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:32 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
given the fact that terrorism has existed for a number of years now, and i've never been blown up, or felt threatened to be blown up, i'm sorry your family has been so targeted
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:33 am
@maxdancona,
You don't care about the first amendment because your second point is clearly against it.

You're only concerned about a "certain group" of Christians. I see. The ones who are against your agenda. This is entirely political for you. You determine who is worthy of constitutional protection. Constitutional rights are for ALL, not just those you agree with. Sad. Really sad.,
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:36 am
@parados,
Nope. I am not opposed to gays. I sincerely hope they get their lives straightened out (no pun intended) and become normal human beings. I am opposed to the gay agenda. It needs to be out of our schools immediately. It's confusing our children. Don't you care about "the children"?