Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 12:27 am
@maxdancona,
The silliness is totally yours.

You are comparing Judeo/Christian and Islamic scripture, entirely out of any realistic context.

Obviously you can find Judeo/Christian scripture that calls for similar and frightening strictures as those demanded of Islamic scripture, but the vastly significant differnence is that there are no modern Judeo/Christian societies calling for such extreme interpretation of their holy law, and there are plenty of present day Islamic societies that do.

Christianity had it's brutal and unforgiving period...but it was centuries ago. Muslim nations are centuries behind the curve and still resort to Dark Ages notions.

It's clear that you have made up your mind on this issue and notwithstanding that the mix of your mind is befuddled, you intend to hold dear to your politically motivate assumptions.

Have at it, but I will move on.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 07:22 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Look Finn,

My point is that Muslims and Christians are equal. There are extremist Christians and extremist Muslims. So what? The question is whether Americans (whether they happen to be Christian or Muslim) should be able to live decent lives without being singled out for suspicion.

It is wrong to single out one group of Americans (in this case Muslims) when other groups of Americans are doing the same things unmolested.

If you could accept the simple premise that Christian and Muslim and Jewish Americans should be treated equally in our modern democracy, then there will be no reason for us to have this argument.

parados

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 07:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Nope.. no christians out there that might be using the bible for abusing anyone.

Quote:
Members of a small Wisconsin church took the "spare the rod, spoil the child" philosophy way too far, authorities say. Now they face child-abuse allegations for using actual wooden rods, dowels and spoons on the bare buttocks of children as young as 2 months old.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/faith/118691089.html
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 09:09 am
@maxdancona,
You're still confused. You are using Old Testament law. Show us Christians who are living under Old Testament law. You can't. Your argument is old and tired. I've seen this a few years ago. Show me something new.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 09:12 am
@maxdancona,
Isolated incidents can't be compared to a world wide problem of Islamic terrorism.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 09:13 am
@maxdancona,
What groups of Amreican Christians are planning attacks on the American people to murder them?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 09:21 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Look Finn,

My point is that Muslims and Christians are equal.
Since 9/11/1, Moslems and Christians have not been equal,
insofar as our need for suspicion.

David
maxdancona

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 09:48 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
What groups of Amreican Christians are planning attacks on the American people to murder them?

You mean, other than abortion doctor murderers, people planting bombs on Martin Luther King parade routes and the groups like the Hutaree militia and the Alaskan separatists?

This is not to mention the Christian Identity movement.

maxdancona

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 09:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

In my mind this is a bad thing, particularly for the American citizens who are Muslims and who had nothing to do with the attack. We should treat American citizens as American citizens. An attack by foreigners shouldn't change that.

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 09:58 am
@maxdancona,
You're confused again. You're using people and groups that are not Christian. Show us the evidence that the MLK bomber is a Christian.
parados

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 11:57 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Sure Renaldo.. pull the other one....

In opposition to gays, which scripture is quoted? Seems like you are still confused about old vs new.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 02:49 pm
@parados,
Nothing in the NT about killing gays. You're confused. I have no confusion about the OT and the NT. I'm warning you. Don't get into a bible debate with me.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:03 pm
@maxdancona,
David wrote:
maxdancona wrote:
In my mind this is a bad thing, particularly for the American citizens
who are Muslims and who had nothing to do with the attack.
Yes; its bad for them.
9/11 was not too sweet for the rest of us.

maxdancona wrote:
We should treat American citizens as American citizens.
An attack by foreigners shouldn't change that.
Some terrorists who have been cawt with boms
that thay were trying to use against us
have been Moslem American citizens.

Their citizenship did not prevent them
from attacking us, trying to blow us up.

David
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:06 pm
There are mosques in the USA preaching murder of American citizens. They need to be shut down. There is no place for that in the USA.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:17 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
There are mosques in the USA preaching murder of American citizens. They need to be shut down. There is no place for that in the USA.

I am simply asking for equality.

Should the Christian churches preaching murder of American citizens be shut down?

With the targeting of abortion providers and homosexuals, don't deny that churches are preaching the murder of American citizens.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:24 pm
@maxdancona,
Yes. Any group promoting murder of American citizens needs to be closed. You don't really want equality. You want us to leave the Muslims alone and make sure the Christians are controlled. That's what you really want. Why don't you just be honest and admit it.

I don't know of any Christian churches in the USA preaching murder of homosexuals. Show me.
djjd62

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:27 pm
@maxdancona,
or what about this, the bastard should have been cuffed when he got off the plane

In August Pope Benedict was personally accused in a lawsuit of conspiring to cover up the molestation of three boys in Texas by Juan Carlos Patino-Arango in Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. He sought and obtained immunity from prosecution as head of state of the Holy See. Some have claimed that this immunity was granted after intervention by then US President George W. Bush. The Department of State "recognize[d] and allow[ed] the immunity of Pope Benedict XVI from this suit." See pope#International position for information on head-of-state immunity of a pope.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:29 pm
@djjd62,
"Accused". Also, it has nothing to do with the topic. The Topic is "Are you against Sharia Law"?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:30 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
There are mosques in the USA preaching murder of American citizens. They need to be shut down.
There is no place for that in the USA.
maxdancona wrote:
I am simply asking for equality.
OK, get the Moslems to stop the war
and resume peace and then we can have equality.

maxdancona wrote:
Should the Christian churches preaching murder of American citizens be shut down?
There is no immunity from criminal liability for conspiracy to commit murder,
if it is done inside a Church.

WHICH Church did so ??

maxdancona wrote:
With the targeting of abortion providers and homosexuals,
don't deny that churches are preaching the murder of American citizens.
I have always been enthusiastic in my support of freedom of abortion, as part of self defense.

I have never heard of any Church preaching, encouraging murder of abortionists.

Incidentally, if some clergymen actually HAD done that,
thay might very well have been preaching this to the police
and criminal prosecutors seated among their congregations.

David
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Very good. I agree.
0 Replies