Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

raprap

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 09:28 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
What's your question?---not one of those 'beating your wife' quips that you are prone to consider pithy.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 09:32 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You're lying again. You really need to work on that.

I have not lied about anything.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

First you said that perhaps the ballot was poorly written so the voters didn't understand it. That's a paraphrase, but that is what you said.

I did say this, and it's perfectly consistent with everything else I've said. your own statement on Prop 8 that it was a vote to give homosexuals marriage rights further supports this. The vote was not to give, but to take away. A yes vote, in the affirmative, meant to remove rights.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I hate liars.

Being that I've corrected you numerous times on this point, and you continue to misrepresent me, I think that qualifies as lying. If you fully know the facts, but choose to repeat things that are false, that is lying.

I don't know why you'd think that would help your argument. You don't get anywhere by misrepresenting me.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 10:38 am
@failures art,
Let's start with the "right to life". How can you be for allowing abortion on demand and then say you believe in the "right to life"?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 10:49 am
@failures art,
Here are your exact words. "One thought is that people didn't know what they were voting on because the wording was confusing."

What do you base your opinion on?
parados

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 11:21 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Here are your exact words. "One thought is that people didn't know what they were voting on because the wording was confusing."

You will notice that the term African Americans, blacks or any other reference to race is not in that statement Renaldo.

So.. what do you base YOUR statement on? Other than yet another fallacious technique?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 12:04 pm
@parados,
African Americans were the only people I mentioned. Don't blame me for your racism. First you deny that you ever said it...Lie #1. Then you lie about the fact that African Americans were the only people I mentioned.....Lie #2.

Go take your mom out for dinner. You need a break.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 12:10 pm
@parados,
African Americans were the only ones mentioned in the original post which was mine. You lose again.
failures art

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 02:36 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Let's start with the "right to life". How can you be for allowing abortion on demand and then say you believe in the "right to life"?

I believe viability standards provide a good measure for balancing both concerns. You have a right to life, but would you if it required stealing from someone else's vitality and forcing their body to make changes? Their concerns would be more important to me.

A
R
T
failures art

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 02:51 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Correct. As parados pointed out, I made no specific mention of the African American community here. My comment was my thought on one reason the vote may have turned out this way. It was not a speculation on the African American community exclusively. I even asked in the same post, why you were fixated on them exclusively.

failures art wrote:

Actually, California voted to make same sex marriage illegal. At the time of the vote, the state allowed it. In terms of the black community, I don't know what your asking. Is there some special relationship between the black community and homosexuals that you're implying? As for how the vote came to be, I have plenty of thoughts. One thought is that people didn't know what they were voting on because the wording was confusing. To vote "yes" in the affirmative was to take away marriage rights, which is confusing if you think the question is (as you yourself framed it) whether you'd like "to make homosexual marriage legal."

You yourself misstated the ballot initiative. Remember?

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Well here is an article from a few days prior to the vote from the LA Times talking about this exact issue.

LA Times wrote:

Prop. 8 leaves some voters puzzled
Confusion reigns in the fight over the effort to ban same-sex unions. Does yes mean no and no mean yes?
October 31, 2008
by Jessica Garrison

Speaking out recently against Proposition 8, the proposed constitutional amendment that would ban gay marriage, former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown made an appeal for the importance of protecting the rights of same-sex couples. And then he urged his audience to vote yes on the proposition.

Brown misspoke. He intended to advocate a no vote. But he isn't alone in confusing which side is which. As election day nears, both supporters and opponents of Proposition 8 worry that voters will be confused by a choice that can seem counterintuitive: Voting no on the initiative means voting yes on gay marriage, while voting yes means gay marriage would be disallowed.

"There is confusion on both sides over yes meaning no and no meaning yes," said West Hollywood City Councilman John Duran, who is helping campaign for No on 8. He added, jokingly, that he has heard supporters of the proposition say, "I'm opposed to gay marriage, so I'm voting no, and I'm like, 'Yes, vote no.' "

In recent days, both campaigns have taken steps to educate their faithful to make sure they vote the right way.

"We changed our advertising to make sure people understood what a yes means and what a no means," said Jeff Flint, strategist for the yes side. "We were getting a lot of people who were saying, 'I'm against gay marriage, so I'm voting no.' "

Opponents have undertaken a similar effort.

Both sides are urging volunteers to make sure the people to whom they reach out understand which way to mark the ballot.

In general, political experts say, the "no" side on ballot measures has a slight advantage because many voters instinctively chafe at the idea of new laws and their default instinct is to oppose them.

As the race over the most hotly contested social issue in the nation heads into the final stretch, both sides also ramped up their campaigns in recent days, with bus tours, rallies and volunteer efforts to get out the vote, along with fundraising pleas, e-mail blasts and an explosion of advertising. And, of course, accusations of malfeasance on both sides.

The no side this week began airing an ad from Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, one of the state's most popular politicians, in which she says it "would be a terrible mistake for California. . . . No matter how you feel about marriage, vote against discrimination."

Then, on Thursday, a group of Silicon Valley heavyweights, including founders and executives at Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Adobe and other companies, announced they were taking out a full-page ad in the San Jose Mercury News urging people to vote no.

The campaign also continued to release a flurry of e-mail blasts, including an announcement that a group of pediatricians was voting no and that women politicians were holding a candlelight vigil in East L.A. to oppose the measure.

Officials on the yes side, meanwhile, said they expected more than 50,000 volunteers to work to get out the vote from now until election day.

Supporters of the measure have also been gathering on street corners with signs urging people to vote yes.

source

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 02:56 pm
@failures art,
You didn't have to mention the "African American Community". They were the only ones we were talking about. If you were talking about others then you were the one who is mistaken here. I accept your apology.
failures art

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 03:07 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You didn't have to mention the "African American Community".

More importantly, I was not addressing that question there. I addressed this question about the African American community in a later post. I only addressed the whole vote, and the first time you were confused about this, I explicitly stated this:

failures art wrote:

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

According to you, 70% of blacks in California are against human rights.

No more than the Caucasian, Hispanic, or Asian people who voted for Prop 8. Why are you focusing on one community?

I corrected your assumption already. Why you continue to misrepresent my views, is a matter entirely of your own choosing.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

They were the only ones we were talking about.

Perhaps they were the ones you, but not we, were talking about. Further, I did offer some speculation on the African American community in a later post. I said the black community is often very religious and that this could also be a factor in the vote.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

If you were talking about others then you were the one who is mistaken here. I accept your apology.

I do apologize for any misunderstanding from the onset. However, you had been corrected many pages ago, so you carry the responsibility for your continued misrepresentation of what I have stated very clearly.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 05:07 pm
@failures art,
So why would minorities be against human rights for gays?
parados

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 05:43 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

African Americans were the only people I mentioned. Don't blame me for your racism. First you deny that you ever said it...Lie #1. Then you lie about the fact that African Americans were the only people I mentioned.....Lie #2.

Go take your mom out for dinner. You need a break.

Yes, That is YOUR fallacious argument that you attempted to attribute to someone else. You then argue against your made up argument. Perhaps you should ask your mother what a straw man is and why you shouldn't use it.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 05:44 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

African Americans were the only ones mentioned in the original post which was mine. You lose again.

In YOUR post, yes. But you attributed the argument to someone else.

You don't seem to be able to tell the difference between your statements and what others said.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 05:45 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Why do minorities think you are stupid? For that matter, why do majorities think you are stupid?
failures art

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:51 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Unless you believe being a minority makes someone incapable of infringing human rights, then this is non sequitur. You understand that muslims are minorities and are capable of human rights violations, why would this be any different?

A
R
T
WendyLou

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 11:05 pm
@maxdancona,
There is no such thing as Christian Sharia law. Absolutely no such thing. So your question is spurious. No strict Christian ideology holds with female circumcision; multiple wives; wife hitting; forced sex within marriage; marriage between a mature man and children; a prostitute for an hour; rape of a female by a male who is never punished for same unless there are four male witnesses; covering up the face completely.
Sharia law is an anathoma to the Western ideology and trying to take over an existing population with laws and methodoligies in place is insulting in the extreme. There will NEVER be sharia law in Australia, not as long as I take a breath. It would cause a civil war of that I am sure and certain. As a women who believes in equal rights for male and females the idea of Sharia law of any type in Australia horrifies me. The cruelty dished out to women under Sharia law is disgusting, absolutely unacceptable. No man no matter who he is, has the right to tell a women what to wear, who to speak to, where to go, what not to do. Subjugation of women is the norm in the Islamic community and whilst I embrace all comers to Australia, I now believe that we should halt all Muslim migration to this country.
spendius

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 05:38 am
@WendyLou,
Argumentum Absurdius Simplificata.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 06:30 am
@WendyLou,
That's funny. An Australian who wants to give a lecture on human rights.

Racial inequality has long been at the core of Australian society. Many Australians have moved on, but apparently some have not.

You people were stealing babies away from brown skinned families until the 1970's.

It is convenient that the people you want to exclude from Australia happen to be predominantly non-white. The truth is, if Muslims had lighter skin, you probably wouldn't have a problem with them.

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 9 May, 2011 07:24 am
@failures art,
What a crock of crap. Do you make this stuff up or does your mommy help you?

Of course their concerns would be more important to you. Abortionists can always justify their murdering of innocent, defenseless human beings.