Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:41 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Social justice is a code word.

you do seem to be making things up as you go along and get called on your knowledge gaps.

no - it's not really about you - it's more of a overall puzzler about the current state of the U.S. educational system (as it is reflected by your apparent knowledge base)
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 11:14 am
@ehBeth,
The US educational system is being cleansed. We're getting rid of your unions and bargaining. Then we're gonna kick out all the Marixsts.
revelette

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 11:41 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Freedom of speech is a constitutional right. I have no problem with that. Every person is judged by who they associate with. Obama said his closest friends in college were Marist professors. That tells me who he is. You know the old saying..."birds of a feather flock together". It's called common sense.

First off I don't see the relevance to this discussion of Sharia Law/Christian activist... and Obama.

However, I suspect you are referring to the quote from Obama book "dreams of my father."

Quote:
Quote:
Actual quote from "Dreams from My Father" [pg. 100-101]: To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed necolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling constraints. We weren't indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated. But this strategy alone couldn't provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.

On its own, the quote makes Obama appear racially militant. Whereas, in full context, the quote illustrates Obama's confusion over his race and cultural heritage. This is emphasized in the preceding paragraph, where Obama describes himself as someone compensating for insecurity in his "racial credentials."

FactCheck

I guess that means that Obama has feathers of punk rocker poets as well.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 01:55 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

No. They also believed in "social justice".

Sorry, but you are really stupid. Or do you have any teeny-weeny proof it?

I'm rather sure, most - of not all - you named there, weren't even aware that such a term is part of the Catholic doctrine.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 02:36 pm
@revelette,
Marxist professors has nothing to do with anything other than he chose them to be friends with. Period. You can spin that in your little noggin all day if you want to.

What are you going to learn by making Marxist professors your friends? Dog grooming? I'm not as naive as you are.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 02:42 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
You're dumber than an empty box of corn flakes. You think calling people stupid is going to help you make your point? Perhaps you should pray some more and ask for mercy.

The proof of it is history. Everything Mao, Hitler, Stalin was all about social justice. The Russian Revolution was about "social justice".

What kind of "social justice" are you speaking about?

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 02:45 pm
"Social justice" is also a term used by mainstream Protestant denominations in the US. And it was before the term was invented, but it's also what the American Revolution was about, and the whole American experience. I don't think it was ever part of the Marxist canon.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 02:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
The left uses the term "social justice" these days. It was preached by Jeremiah Wright. The nitwit BO sat under for 20 years. A church is supposed to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, not a Sunday history lesson on race and grievances.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 02:56 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Jesus preached social justice. Have you read the gospel?

That is why the conservatives killed him.

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 02:57 pm
Here is what I am talking about.

http://www.thefinancialskinny.com/2010/03/24/catholic-church-pursued-social-justice-bargained-with-the-devil-and-lost/
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:11 pm
yeah, yeah, another anti-abortion screed. The majority of the country doesn't agree with that crank's point of view.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:17 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
“But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.
Woe to you who are well fed now,
for you will go hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will mourn and weep.
Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,
for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets."

Quote:
1 Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you. 2 Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. 3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. 4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. 5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. 6 You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
The majority of the nation is againt abortion. Please call me stupid on tnat one so you can make my day.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:23 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Did you read my link above? Perhaps if you call me stupid again it will go away.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:25 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I don't have a union. You sure make up a lot of stuff.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:30 pm
rdubois says:
Quote:
The majority of the nation is againt abortion

False. It has been false for years. It remains false today. For the facts, go to pollingreport.com
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:43 pm
@MontereyJack,
Nope. Is this the point in time where you call me stupid?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americans-pro-life-than-pro-choice-first-time.aspx

0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:45 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

The majority of the nation is againt abortion.

This is factually incorrect.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Please call me stupid on tnat one so you can make my day.

You call people stupid frequently. Are there different rules if someone else calls you stupid?

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:46 pm
@maxdancona,
That's the lie you lefties keep pushing. Please give me an example. I simply love it when a lefty attempts to explain social justice by using the words of Jesus. Please make my day. Go for it.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 03:48 pm
@failures art,
http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americans-pro-life-than-pro-choice-first-time.

Dumb ass.