Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 03:43 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Okay. So what do you think about Taparelli d'Azeglio's writings? (Since nce you aren't a schoolboy, you certainly know that he was the first to write about it and coin this term, and that the Social Catholics and Pope Leo XII later only made Social Justice even more popular.)

I'm not trying to convince you about anything. I'm just asking your knowledgeable opinion.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 08:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Never read the guy. Have you ever read about Jefferson, Washington, Franklin, Adams, Lincoln, The American Revolution, etc? What is your knowledgeable opinion about those guys?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 11:44 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Certainly I've read about them.
But this wasn't anything my response was directed to.

You remarked something about 'social justice' ...
Renaldo Dubois wrote:
Your beliefs have murdered more people in the cause of "social justice" than anything I could dream up. [...]
... to which I responded.

It is totally unknown to me (and actually in literature as well) that they published something about 'social justice' - which, to my knowledge, they couldn't, because only since Leo XII and the times of the Social Catholics this term was discussed.

My next question would be, where "my beliefs" murdered people.
I would ask, to what encyclicals you are referring at particularly.

You don't know, however, actually a lot of social justice. So I can't really ask this.
Besides that, I don't like to discuss my belief online. (However, I certainly would discuss the encyclicals from a historic point of view.)
revelette

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 06:49 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Muslims do not act as a whole, there are groups and different beliefs. Just like every other religion, there are fanatics and fringe groups who make demands that are not shared by all members of the religious people.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 07:03 am
@revelette,
... and not all Christians think like Renaldo either.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 07:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, those are my words. More people have been murdered by your philosophy than the American philosophy.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 07:24 am
@revelette,
I agree. We have millions of muslims living in fear. Islam is a religion of hate and fear. They teach to hate your neighbor. They don't teach to love your neighbor. "Do not make friends with Christians or Jews". That is not from a fringe group. That is from the Koran.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 07:24 am
@maxdancona,
You lose. You made me the topic.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 08:44 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Yes, those are my words. More people have been murdered by your philosophy than the American philosophy.

I'm surely aware that Christianity (and the Catholics are there in one of the first paces) murdered quite a few people.

But generally that has been a lot of decades and centuries before the USA was founded (okay: IRA was during the last couple of decades, but that hasn't been any "Catholic philosophy").

And: no-one thought of "social justice" before .... well,, look above or prove that all people who researched it are wrong.

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 08:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
What do you want? I don't believe in "social justice". Allowing Sharia Law in the USA has nothing to do with "social justice". Do you believe it does?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 09:00 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
How can you say that it has nothing to do with social justice when you know nothing about social justice?

But that was YOUR latest question.

You avoided answering my previous, but I guess by now that ...

a) you dislike Christianity
b) Catholicism especially

... because they murdered more than you can imagine.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 09:16 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Interesting.

I wouldn't have guessed you didn't believe in freedom of speech or freedom of association.
revelette

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 09:23 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
The bible has similar words to that of Quran about associating with non believers, both the OT and the NT. Both basically mean that we are not to be yoked or friends with nonbelievers to the point where there is no difference in belief.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 09:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
More than mao, Stalin, Lenin, Hitler and all your other believers in "social justice"?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 09:38 am
@ehBeth,
Freedom of speech is a constitutional right. I have no problem with that. Every person is judged by who they associate with. Obama said his closest friends in college were Marist professors. That tells me who he is. You know the old saying..."birds of a feather flock together". It's called common sense.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 09:40 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Freedom of speech is a constitutional right. I have no problem with that.

Freedom of speech is a basic tenet of social justice. You have made it clear that you do not believe in social justice.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 09:43 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

More than mao, Stalin, Lenin, Hitler and all your other believers in "social justice"?

They were Catholics and followed the Papal Encyclicals?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:00 am
@ehBeth,
Social justice is a code word. I don't believe in YOUR social justice. I believe in the US Constitution.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
No. They also believed in "social justice".
ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 10:36 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
What is MY social justice?
0 Replies