Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

raprap

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:01 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Just my attempt of using your adolescent tactics, boobie----changing the subject---i don't consider dogma to be relevant to the practice of religion---people practice religion---I know Xtian crumbums, I also know honorable Xlams and the "megighi G" has lotus flower feet.

Now, Back to the subject

Do I believe that Xtian can use the Equivalent of Sharia Law to enforce their personal will?---history has shown this to be the case in the past, and Fred Phelps and his ilk show that it is possible in the present and the future.

So with open e yes, and restricted only to binary answer----I vote '1' with '1' being 'yes' and a '0' being a 'no'.

Rap

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:07 am
@raprap,
The topic is Christian Sharia Law. There is no such thing. I really don't care about your personal feelings or beliefs.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:50 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

There you go again....."your narrow emotional view".

Well, to be accurate, there you go again.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Cut the crap. Stick to the topic and make your point.

Oh, calm down.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Somehow you think that if there is a law that is "Christian" in your mind then it must be "Christian Sharia Law".

That's not how I'd phrase it, but you are close. I'd say that religious legislation of any kind is on par whether you are a Christian, Muslim, Bahai'i, or whatever. The term "sharia" is ultimately a useless. Just because Islam has a special name for a set of rules does not mean that it's special rules are somehow more cruel or unjust than Christianity or Judaism. Consider the language of this conversation minus the term "sharia" at all.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

A person really has to do some mental gymnastics to get there.

Or simple taxonomy will suffice. Two ducks in a pond. I'll agree they are different colors, but you want to argue that they aren't both ducks or that we can't compare them for your own arbitrary reasons.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

It's not logical thinking. Ever hear of "magical thinking"?

I have heard of magical thinking. It's a great way to describe all religions and their claim to special entitlement or authority. Often it is used to insulate from rational thinking given a body of evidence. Since you've been introduced to a large degree of evidence directly making Christianity comparable to Islam, you've decided to engage in magical thinking vis-a-vis "not caring about history."

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Here is a question for you: Is keeping marriage between a man and a woman "Chrisian Sharia Law"?

Sure. It would be an example of religious orthodoxy for multiple religions. Here's a better way to look at it: If it was the objective for conservative Muslims to enter the USA and take control of our laws, then institute their own religious sharia mandates, what would their objectives be? How would they differ from the objectives of the Christians? As the OP points out, there are differences, but for the most part, if Muslims want to curb homosexual civil rights, then it seems that many Christians in the USA are working toward their goal for them. If Muslims were to take control, they'd only have a few details left to sort out. Christians would have already done the heavy lifting in terms of breaking down secular protections.

A
R
T
failures art

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 03:16 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

The muslims supported the Nazis also. How come you didn't mention that?

Because it was not your question.

A
R
T
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 05:28 pm
@failures art,
Go **** yourself. If you can't address the topic without your personal petty pusillanimous insults, then you don't deserve my time.
failures art

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 12:14 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
More emotional outbursts. Rolling Eyes

Ah ah ah
R
Temper temper
raprap

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 12:15 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Who is the person here that doesn't address the topic while spouting petty pusillanimous insults? Why it seems to be you boobie...
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 06:15 am
@failures art,
So what we have here are a few weak, coward lefties who bend over for terrorists. Nice. Carry on.
failures art

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 06:24 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Hey man, I'm not going to go out of my way to convince you to engage on the topic. You seem far more interested in boring ad hominems, and who am I to tell you that replying to questions and discussing history should be more important.

It's more cowardly to never ante up. Plenty of people here have been waiting for you to sit down at the card table. It makes no difference to me if you choose to join or not.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 06:37 am
@failures art,
I can discuss history if it is pertinent to the point. The point is there is no such thing as Christian Sharia Law. That's the topic, Christian Sharia Law. You are still trying to establish that. I can't help it if you're stuck on stupid.

I've sat down at the table with you. You are devious and dishonest. You can't make a post without making a petty insult. Not too hard to figure out why. It's because that's all you have. The fact you would spend the time and energy to attempt to put Christianity into the same box as Islamic Law is pretty stupid. You have proven you can't discuss your topic without your juvenile arrogance taking over. That tells me you're in over your head, son.
parados

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 07:14 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I've sat down at the table with you. You are devious and dishonest. You can't make a post without making a petty insult. Not too hard to figure out why. It's because that's all you have. The fact you would spend the time and energy to attempt to put Christianity into the same box as Islamic Law is pretty stupid. You have proven you can't discuss your topic without your juvenile arrogance taking over. That tells me you're in over your head, son.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

So what we have here are a few weak, coward lefties who bend over for terrorists. Nice. Carry on.

I think those 2 posts speak for themselves
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 07:21 am
@parados,
Are you ready to stop the crap? Let me know.
failures art

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 08:49 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I can discuss history if it is pertinent to the point.

I guess you believe yourself the arbiter of what is and is not pertinent to the point?

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

The point is there is no such thing as Christian Sharia Law. That's the topic, Christian Sharia Law. You are still trying to establish that. I can't help it if you're stuck on stupid.

You already conceded on these points by failing to step to the questions presented to you. I didn't make the choice for you to ignore them.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I've sat down at the table with you. You are devious and dishonest. You can't make a post without making a petty insult. Not too hard to figure out why. It's because that's all you have.

What has been "devious?" Specifically.
What has been "dishonest?" Specifically.
Provide an insult I have said.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

The fact you would spend the time and energy to attempt to put Christianity into the same box as Islamic Law is pretty stupid.

They are both religions who have political aspirations to intrude on people's civil liberties and assert authority. QED.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You have proven you can't discuss your topic without your juvenile arrogance taking over.

I think you should calm down.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

That tells me you're in over your head, son.

Well, our experiences are different. I think, since we are sharing opinions, that you are not used to rhetorical exchange with anyone you cannot shout over. I'm sorry if this that is difficult or frustrating for you.

A
R
T
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 07:12 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Are you ready to stop the crap? Let me know.

I guess I could stop quoting you. That might put an end to the crap.

Or you could just stop posting all together.
revelette

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 08:34 am
I am not denying that extremist militant Muslims do not exist and that AQ did not blow up the WT and Pentagon. It is a fact and they are still a threat. However, since 9/11 we as a nation have been more on the alert and have passed laws and attempted to pass safety measures against that threat and so far thank goodness, we have been successful.

Since 9/11 there has been more threats from non muslim groups. That too is a fact.

Data on Post-9/11
Terrorism in the United
States

As the overused saying goes, a rose by any other name is still a rose, laws that are inspired by christian ideology is basically Christian Law even if you don't want to call it that. If you don't get a marriage consist of a man and a woman from religious beliefs, where else does the belief originate?

Almost all idealogies have their inside court systems. Once I was going through a divorce with my husband I am again with now. (don't really like to talk about all that but anyway to make the point) In between, oddly enough we both married other people and we both divorced those mates and got remarried to each other. (I went back to church (asked for forgiveness in my church..) and we have been together ever since) Anyway, a few months later, I received a letter from the Catholic church for me sign saying my marriage to that guy I was briefly married to was not really valid. (forgot the exact wording) This was done so that he could marry a woman who is a Catholic who can't marry someone who was married before. I signed it. They have their own court systems, I believe the Jewish do too. So I don't see what the big deal is with some Muslims wanting to have the same thing for their religion as it don't supersede the US court systems so to speak.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 10:03 am
@parados,
I've stopped. I'm waiting for you. Make a point focusing on the topic only.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 10:06 am
@revelette,
Religious beliefs are not against the law in the USA. Murder in the name of your God is against the law. I don't see any Christians in the USA wanting to murder me in the name of Jesus.
raprap

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 10:21 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
bubbette you must write for 'the John Stewart show.' I mean what a quote!
Quote:
Religious beliefs are not against the law in the USA. Murder in the name of your God is against the law. I don't see any Christians in the USA wanting to murder me in the name of Jesus.

Is one of the funniest punchlines I've heard in a 'coons-age.'

It can be taken as a 'Wha-----" a hilarious egocentric sputter of Xtian self immolation. And it is soooooo wrong on soooo many comic levels

Bubbette, I'm proud to be in the presence of such a master of humor.

Rap
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 10:31 am
@raprap,
It's a fact. Thousands of muslims are murdering people in the name of Allah and Mohammed. Who are the Christian groups mudering people in the name of Jesus? Not too many. The world would be a much nicer safer world without Islam.
parados

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 10:47 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I've stopped. I'm waiting for you. Make a point focusing on the topic only.

0 Replies