Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

failures art

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2011 09:36 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I'm interested in the topic.

Excellent.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Christian Sharia Law. There is no such thing.

There is no such thing as Christians wanting their religious beliefs reinforced by state law?

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Comparing Christianity to Islam in the world today is hilarious.

I don't think people are laughing. Despite your failed punchline, more Muslims die by Christian hands still in modern times. You can choose to separate this in your mind however you please. Both religions vie for power and practioners of both religions do heinous things in their name.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

How can I or anyone take this seriously?

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You still haven't convinced me that Christianity is as bad as Sharia Law or that Christianity in America opened the door for Sharia Law.

I didn't know I needed to convince you of anything. More importantly, you didn't come here to be convinced of anything. I already explained how opening the door for any religion to have legal standing and authority opens it up for all of them. What goes for one goes for all. Then again, I suppose I'd have to assume something about your ethics to even hope you'd understand that.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

It's just too funny to take this seriously, especially to anyone who has studied both religions.

I'm sure you fancy yourself a diverse religious academic. Your posts don't really display a wealth of biblical, koranic, or historical knowledge. By all means, you're still welcome to share your feelings.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

When you want to get into the topic, please let me know.

I'm still waiting for you to demonstrate examples that demosntrate the difference between separation of church and state versus only prohibiting the establishment of a state religion. Especially challenging since you already conceded the USA is a secular state. I wonder if you understand what the word "secular" means.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 09:22 am
@failures art,
You're done here, pal. You seem to not be able to form a complete reply without taking apart my posts. That makes it impossible for me to reply to you.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 09:31 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
You seem to not be able to form a complete reply without taking apart my posts.

This says more about your posts, Renaldo, then about his replies.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 09:46 am
@maxdancona,
Oh cut the crap. I'm well aware of all the crap you guys pull. Shovel that manure to someone who'll take you seriously. Lefties are devious, conniving, dishonest, and un-American. I'm not playing.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 09:59 am
There is absolutely no comparison with Christianity and Sharia Law. The difference is this...Our government is secular and comprised of people of different religions. Sharia Law is government run by religious clerics.

Only a complete fool would not be able to see the difference. I'd much rather have a trial by the American justice system than the Iranian justice system. How about you?
failures art

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 06:17 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You're done here, pal. You seem to not be able to form a complete reply without taking apart my posts. That makes it impossible for me to reply to you.

So... let me get this straight...

I've taken your posts apart, and you find it impossible to reply.

Hmmm... That sounds like I won. How exciting! I didn't even know I was trying to win, but if you say so. I guess could be done after such a victory that left someone incapable of reply, but I'm still interested in you answering my question.

I may be done, but you're not.

A
R
T
failures art

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 06:19 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
By the way, thanks for letting me know that the irony flowers are in bloom, I should get some and put them in a sarcasm bouquet.

A
Roses are blue.
T
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 07:28 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

There is absolutely no comparison with Christianity and Sharia Law.

The comparison is between Christianity and Islam, and the difference is that Christians find their religious trespass on secular laws to be beyond contempt while they have zero footing condemning those who have only been successful creating what Christian's desire.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

The difference is this...Our government is secular and comprised of people of different religions. Sharia Law is government run by religious clerics.

So secular means that multiple religions are made into law not just one? It's not just about having a mixed fruit cocktail. Secular government means without religious entitlement or motive. Theocracy is the opposite. Christians try to put their religion into law. That's trying to make a theocracy. It is directly comparable to Sharia law.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Only a complete fool would not be able to see the difference.

...or they might not be able to avoid the unmistakable similarities.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I'd much rather have a trial by the American justice system than the Iranian justice system. How about you?

Sure. Absolutely. I'd not want to face the Spanish inquisition either. No doubt sharia law is bad, nobody is defending it. The problem is that conservative Christians are the one's that pave the way for it, if it ever was to come to the USA.

The bottom line is that Christians who are afraid of, and recognize the injustice of living under someone else's religious rule, should be ashamed if they promote their own religious laws to be adopted in the USA (or anywhere). Many people are treated poorly Christians, or denied equal rights by them. The first step in fighting the establishment of sharia law is to not abuse the popularity (read: numbers) of your religion and tear down secular protections.

A
R
T
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 08:20 pm
@failures art,
You won in your mind and you had to take my posts apart so I can't reply to you. If you call that a win then it just confirms that fact that you have to pick my posts apart to do it. That's not debate. A debate is when one person at a time speaks. You are not allowed to speak while I am speaking and that is exactly what you do. That is called dishonesty. That's why you're a lefty. You are done here, not me. I choose who I speak to.
failures art

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 08:33 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Taking your posts apart doesn't prevent you from replying. I'm not stopping you from doing anything. If you fail to reply, it's on you, not me.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 08:39 pm
@failures art,
And nothing prevents you from being honest and not taking my posts apart. I wrote them as one thought. You're dishonest. I am done with you until you agree to be honest and not touch my posts. I respect your posts to not touch them. Until then.
failures art

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 09:10 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

And nothing prevents you from being honest and not taking my posts apart.

What is dishonest about addressing your post line by line? This is a very odd objection.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I wrote them as one thought.

Well, you actually have written them as multiple, and often contradicting, thoughts.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You're dishonest.

I'm honest.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I am done with you until you agree to be honest and not touch my posts.

In this very short post of yours, you use "honest" and "dishonest" a combo of three times. It's kind of redundant. Here's a link to an online theasaurus so you can expand your ways of expressing your feelings about my impartiality.

Honest.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I respect your posts to not touch them.

So the reason you avoid my question is that you respect it too much... Ahhhhhh...

The alternative is that your arguments are not that well developed and you don't engage, because you can't make par for the course.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Until then.

Hmmm... This one is cryptic. Only two words. It could mean anything... I'm stumped.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 08:34 am
@failures art,
Any fool can do that and look smart. You're not. You're a phoney. You're arrogant and you're not that sharp. Everything about you is phoney.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 08:22 am
I wonder why lefties will obfuscate and simply lie about Islam and Christianity to attempt to have us believe there is no difference between the two?

It has nothing to do with "rights". It has everything to do with politics and for a lefty, everything is political. The left has more anger towards the Tea Party than Islamic terror. Then they want you to believe that they are patriotic Americans. If this was about "rights" there would be no problem.

Basically what we have here are a few phoney lefty mouthpieces for those who hate America. You know who you are.
parados

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 10:18 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Basically what we have here are a few phoney lefty mouthpieces for those who hate America. You know who you are.

That's an oldie... accuse people that disagree with you of being traitors that hate America.

Perhaps you missed that part of the Constitution Renaldo when the Tea Party read it.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 06:42 pm
@parados,
Wrong. The fact that you disagree with me is not what makes you a bad American. That's what you want everyone to thnink is the reason. The actual reason is your policies are dangerous and will get people killed. You have no idea what is happening in the world. Ignorance in war gets people killed. You don't know your enemy.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 07:47 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
It has nothing to do with "rights". It has everything to do with politics and for a lefty, everything is political. The left has more anger towards the Tea Party than Islamic terror. Then they want you to believe that they are patriotic Americans. If this was about "rights" there would be no problem.

Which policy will get people killed?

Having more anger for the Tea Party than Islamic terror won't get anyone killed.
Believing someone is a patriotic American won't get people killed.

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 08:10 am
@parados,
Why do you have more anger for the Tea Party than you do for religious thugs who want to murder you?

The Tea Party is not the enemy. You are, only you're too damn stupid to see it.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 08:12 am
Muhammed's Believe It or Else:

http://islamcomicbook.com/
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 08:36 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
You couldn't defend your position I see.