Arizona loves the Constitution so much....

BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:10 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
The TENTH AMENDMENT

Number one the tenth amendment state zero about a state right to leave the union and number two please name a court who had declare otherwise in the history of this country.

If they was concern it would had been written in large large letters.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David....
Simple phrase ...

"Supreme law of the land."

It negates your 10th amendment.
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:34 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
By the way David I do not owe my personal loyalty to Pennsylvania where I was born or the state of New Jersey where I was raised or the state of Florida where I had live for most of my adult life. Nor is my loyalty for that matter to the state of Michigan or Nevada where my family own property.

My loyalty is to the US not a subdivide of the US and somehow except for the far far right most of the citizens are likely to feel the same way in my opinion.

I would cheerfully take up arms against any state in the union that was rebelling under any theory concerning state rights.

What to bet David that if in some crazy manner Arizona or any other state or states in the union would call upon it citizens to revolt against the Federal government the vast majority would feel the same as I do?

The days where most people identify with a state instead of the nation are long gone.

The Robert E Lee of today would not likely feel that his loyalty belong to Virgina instead of the nation.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
IF that ever happened, my bet is that the army would tell you and Obunga to go **** yourselves.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 04:51 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

IF that ever happened, my bet is that the army would tell you and Obunga to go **** yourselves.

You have nothing to support this opinion, other than your own personal combination of racism and idiocy. There's no evidence that the army would do so.

Cycloptichorn
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
In the case of Arizona, I have a feeling that the Mexican-Americans that had been **** on for generations by the “true” Americans power structure of that state would be delighted for a chance to help put down a revolution.

They happen to be around 24 percents of the total population of Arizona as of the last census.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:12 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

In the case of Arizona, I have a feeling that the Mexican-Americans that had been **** on for generations by the “true” Americans power structure of that state would be delighted for a chance to help put down a revolution.

They happen to be around 24 percents of the total population of Arizona as of the last census.

The same guys in AZ and other places who want to secede, want to kick them all out, too. So, I think you are probably correct.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:53 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
David....
Simple phrase ...

"Supreme law of the land."

It negates your 10th amendment.
If anything,
the 10th Amendment woud prevail over that
or ANYTHING that came before the CHANGE.
An amendment is a CHANGE,
but it was not intended to be read that way; i.e.,
the entire Bill of Rights of part of the Supreme Law of the Land.

ARIZONA WILL NOT SECEDE FROM AMERICA.
That is ridiculous.

David
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Nor will Arizona get away with nullification of any federal law or regulation as that ship had sail in the 1840s or so and for sure after the civil war.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 06:29 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Nor will Arizona get away with nullification of any federal law
or regulation as that ship had sail in the 1840s or so and for sure after the civil war.
Unconstitutional laws are void and of no effect.
If that displeases u, complain to the USSC.
It was John Marshall's idea.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 06:30 pm

OBVIOUSLY, in the end, it will be resolved by the USSC.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 06:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Only repeat only the federal court system have the power to declare a federal law unconstitution not a state panel of any kind or in any form.

A state is free to bring suit in Federal court but not to act by itself.

This fact any lawyer would be well aware of so what game are you playing David?

Fido

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:02 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido, you are an insignificant little pest... why are you here?
I am here only to inform you and anyone else in need of the nature of reality, what is commonly called: the truth... Must be some sort of OSB, because I doubt you would recognize or accept the truth if it fell on you off the roof... Some day you will figure it out, perhaps about ten seconds before you meet your maker you will find yourself asking Lazarus for a cool drink to quench your thirst, and it will dawn on you that you seen that scene before...

Significance is not my job... If that is what you want to be, then go for it... The truth is never positive nor negative... You don't need to stand behind the truth with a lever to make it truth... All you have to learn how to do is tell the truth, if you know it, and let it stand...So I ask, in view of the fact that our constitution is a piece of crap that does not work to reach the goals it was made for; Why do you support it and hate America and Americans??? We are all in that trick bag... How does mutual hate help us out???
Fido

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Left wing loons are plentiful here...
You do not even know the meaning of left and right or you would attach no significance to the word... Address the issues instead of pinning meaningless labels on people... What are you good for anyway??? If you can't see beyond such pointless labels you are good only for use by others, and never make an actual contribution to the nation... Don't be a tool...
Fido, labels serve a valuable function, to wit: to tell u what is inside a package.
The labels to which u object (usually) serve that purpose admirably.
Thay identify a set of values and a style of thinking.
Those labels group people in a way that thay deserve to be grouped.

If u do not know what a label means, Fido,
perhaps the fault is not in the label.
I DO understand what thay mean.
Accordingly, I value their use.

David
Labels applied to human beings serve only to dehumanize and objectify humans so as to justify injustice done to them, much as you might kick a dog because you can, because it, not he, is just a dog...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:10 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Only repeat only the federal court system have the power
to declare a federal law unconstitution not a state panel of any kind or in any form.
I disagree with that, Bill.
U have the power to declare it unconstitutional, if u wanna.
(Try it n see.)

BillRM wrote:
A state is free to bring suit in Federal court but not to act by itself.
Y not ??

BillRM wrote:
This fact any lawyer would be well aware of so what game are you playing David?
Let 's play this game,
just for fun:
suppose that a federal court said that because of the 19th Amendment,
chics cannot vote in any election,
or suppose that oboy declared that there'd be no more elections.
He and all politicians will just remain in power for life
because that is in the "general welfare" of the US.
If his appointees in federal courts agree with that,
does that make his position Constitutionally correct ????

I don 't think it does.

Do u think it does ?????
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:18 pm
@Fido,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Left wing loons are plentiful here...
You do not even know the meaning of left and right or you would attach no significance to the word... Address the issues instead of pinning meaningless labels on people... What are you good for anyway??? If you can't see beyond such pointless labels you are good only for use by others, and never make an actual contribution to the nation... Don't be a tool...
Fido, labels serve a valuable function, to wit: to tell u what is inside a package.
The labels to which u object (usually) serve that purpose admirably.
Thay identify a set of values and a style of thinking.
Those labels group people in a way that thay deserve to be grouped.

If u do not know what a label means, Fido,
perhaps the fault is not in the label.
I DO understand what thay mean.
Accordingly, I value their use.

David
Fido wrote:
Labels applied to human beings serve only to dehumanize
That is nonsense. I have had people label me many times
and it has NEVER had any effect of making me more nor less human.

Fido wrote:
and objectify humans so as to justify injustice done to them,
MORE nonsense: labels are for IDENTIFICATION, not for justification of anything.

Fido wrote:
much as you might kick a dog because you can, because it, not he, is just a dog...
I can kick dogs, but I have never done so, nor considered it.

tho I once considered breaking his jaw off, when he bit me
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 08:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Sorry David but the states once more had no power of nullification toward any Federal law and it does not matter one little bit if they think it is un-constitution or not.

If any state act otherwise and try to interfere with Federal law the full power of the Federal government will be used to end stop any state nullification and rightly so.

As a lawyer you should feel ashame of yourself as this is first year law school.

Hell I never been to law school and I know this so what is wrong with you David?
parados

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 08:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
If anything,
the 10th Amendment woud prevail over that
or ANYTHING that came before the CHANGE.
An amendment is a CHANGE,
but it was not intended to be read that way; i.e.,
the entire Bill of Rights of part of the Supreme Law of the Land.

Ah.. you seem to contradict yourself David.

If the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land then state laws can't usurp Federal law. If the Constitution isn't the Supreme Law of the Land then the 10th amendment has no power at all so doesn't support your argument.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 09:16 pm
@Fido,
Fido, your irrational hate for all things right and good has been noted.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 11:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
Couple of things people ought to understand about Utah and Texas...

One is that Texas is legally entitled to leave the union any time they feel like it, that was a condition of her signing on.

Two is that Utah is vanishingly close to self-sufficient in just about everything necessary to sustain life and could be sealed tighter than a drum at three or four points; the only thing anybody unhappy with that could try would be an assault landing at one of the airports and the guard there is all Mormon, good luck.

A third thing is that if it ever came to it and Utah were to leave the union, she'd take ten or twelve Western states with her starting with Idaho.