Arizona loves the Constitution so much....

Setanta

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 06:42 pm
Hehehehehehehehehehe . . .

So loons like Water Boy just go around in circles, huh?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 02:06 am
@Setanta,
Well, donkeys in a treadwheel ...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 02:23 am

I don 't see much of a problem here.

David
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:37 am
@parados,

You've been going in circles for years... a ever tightening death spiral.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:39 am
@Setanta,
Yawn.

Did you have something you wanted to say?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 05:52 am
First of all, the American colonies only signed up to the Constitution based on assurances that they would retain a considerable amount of sovereignty and not be subsumed under an overbearing federal government. This was the single biggest concern of the colonies during ratification. Furthermore, the Declaration of Independence makes it clear that when the federal government becomes overbearing or significantly unfair, the people have not only the right, but even the duty to rebel. In this case, Arizona had the feds come in and nullify a state law which passed by a wide margin based on some nonsensical claim by left wingers that it was unconstitutional, which seems to be what they do whenever they don't like the results of a popular vote.
Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 06:23 am
I just love it when the rightwingnuts start makin' **** up as they go along--because, of course, they don't have a sound argument to advance.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 06:58 am
Perhaps it's time to step in and nullify Arizona.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:13 am
@H2O MAN,
You are an idiot, and that is the dearest kindness... The constitution was always flawed, designed in that fashion to expedite the exploitation of humanity under the cover of democracy... It gave the people the feeling of power and freedom without the real thing... It did not give democracy but ensured the triumph of tyranny... It has resulted in our nation's shame, our treatment of natives and slaves... It was the real cause of the American Civil War... It has left us often defensless and divided before our enemies, and caused the deaths of many hundred thousands of our fellow citizens, directly and indirectly... Not one of the goals for which it was written, clearly and plainely stated, has ever been reached, and few have even be approached...

No person who says they love the constitution can avoid the charge of ignorance, avarice, or stupidity... Those who benefit most from the constitution hate it most only because it limits the extent of the injury they can do this people to a slight degree... Any objective person should be able to judge the result by the aim, but the target of the constitution has never been touched... It is a cull, an abortion, and a terratoma, a curse left to walk among us all the more sinister because so many are led to believe it is perfect... It is a perfect trap for the minds of idiots, where their minds can wander in admiration of perfection while their bodies starve and wither...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 07:21 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Left wing loons are plentiful here...
You do not even know the meaning of left and right or you would attach no significance to the word... Address the issues instead of pinning meaningless labels on people... What are you good for anyway??? If you can't see beyond such pointless labels you are good only for use by others, and never make an actual contribution to the nation... Don't be a tool...
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 08:29 am
@Fido,
Fido, you are an insignificant little pest... why are you here?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 08:31 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

First of all, the American colonies only signed up to the Constitution based on assurances that they would retain a considerable amount of sovereignty and not be subsumed under an overbearing federal government. This was the single biggest concern of the colonies during ratification. Furthermore, the Declaration of Independence makes it clear that when the federal government becomes overbearing or significantly unfair, the people have not only the right, but even the duty to rebel. In this case, Arizona had the feds come in and nullify a state law which passed by a wide margin based on some nonsensical claim by left wingers that it was unconstitutional, which seems to be what they do whenever they don't like the results of a popular vote.

+1
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 08:42 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Left wing loons are plentiful here...
You do not even know the meaning of left and right or you would attach no significance to the word... Address the issues instead of pinning meaningless labels on people... What are you good for anyway??? If you can't see beyond such pointless labels you are good only for use by others, and never make an actual contribution to the nation... Don't be a tool...
Fido, labels serve a valuable function, to wit: to tell u what is inside a package.
The labels to which u object (usually) serve that purpose admirably.
Thay identify a set of values and a style of thinking.
Those labels group people in a way that thay deserve to be grouped.

If u do not know what a label means, Fido,
perhaps the fault is not in the label.
I DO understand what thay mean.
Accordingly, I value their use.

David
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 11:35 am
@H2O MAN,
Well if Arizona citizens wish to take up arms against the US that would be fine with me.

I would be in favor in that case of giving Arizona to Mexico and allowing them to deal with the mouth breathers in that state.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 11:41 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Well if Arizona citizens wish to take up arms against the US that would be fine with me.
For what reason ?

BillRM wrote:
I would be in favor in that case of giving Arizona to Mexico
and allowing them to deal with the mouth breathers in that state.
Well, presumably, Arizona has the firepower to defeat Mexico again,
but no one has the authority to GIVE Arizona to anyone.

David
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 11:55 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Sorry but in a civil war type situation the congress sure would have the power to revoked Arizona statehood and give or sell the former territory to Mexico if it wish to do so.

See the actions of congress during the civil war for more details including taking of part of the state of Virgina to form the state of West Virgina.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 12:00 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I just love it when the rightwingnuts start makin' **** up as they go along--because, of course,
they don't have a sound argument to advance.
OK, I 'm a rightist.
My sound argument (which u allege not to exist)
is taken from the National Archives; it is exerpted from
the New York Instrument of Ratification of the US Constitution.
NY was not alone in asserting its rightful independence.
Here is MY argument:

00/04/17 NY Instrument of Ratification of the Constitution

Record Group 11, The National Archives, Washington, DC

“ That the powers of government may be reassumed by the people
whensoever it shall become necessary to their happinesss ....

That the People have a right to keep and bear Arms;
that a well regulated Militia,
including the body of the People capable of bearing Arms,
is the proper, natural and safe defence of a free State;
That the Militia should not be subject to Martial Law, except in time of
War, Rebellion or Insurrection."

THEN: Be it known that We the People of the State of New York, Incorporated in
statehood under the Authority of The Constitution of the United States of America
by the New York Instrument of Ratification, thus are graced by the
full benefits and liberties predicated under that document; or we are made
and held captive under Unlawful Powers to which Under God we cannot, must
not, and do not submit
.”

[All emfasis has been lovingly set forth by David.]
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 12:13 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Sorry but in a civil war type situation the congress sure would have the power to revoked Arizona statehood
and give or sell the former territory to Mexico if it wish to do so.
No, Bill. U may be well informed on many other things,
but not on this. Congress coud never give nor sell any State.

Congress has never and woud NOT make such a radical claim.
The challenge to your assertion
is to ask u to show where in the Constitution
Congress was granted that power.
No one coud show that because it does not exist.

BillRM wrote:
See the actions of congress during the civil war for more details including taking of part of the state of Virgina to form the state of West Virgina.
Its not the same and it does not grant any new power to Congress. It cannot tinker with the States.
See 10th Amendment.

The USSC has pointed out many times
that Congress has no power other than those granted in the Constitution.

David
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 12:26 pm
I do like how your piece boasts of 'large crowds'.... of 300 people.

Low expectations are easy to fulfill, I guess

Cycloptichorn
BillRM

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 12:27 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
So it is your position that the taking by arm force of the territory that is now West Virgina from Virgina was not valid and therefore the state of West Virgina is not a valid state?

Second the southern states was control by the Federal government after the civil war and only readmitted as states under the terms set by the Congress of the US.

I see nothing that would had force the US to had readmitted them if it did not care to do so.

So in short Congress had exercised the power you are claiming they do not have on a very large scale indeed already and I see nothing that would stop them from doing so once more in times of needs and civil war.