Is my son gay or bisexual?

maxdancona

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 06:57 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
A parent should not know that a child is gay?

You get that we are talking about adults here, right?

A parent should not know or care who their adult children are having sex with. I have certainly had sex with people that my mother never knew about. If I were having casual sex with my roommate, I would certainly not feel it was any business of my parents.

If I ever decided to have a homosexual fling (or any other type of fling) I would never tell my mother. It wouldn't be her business.

The issue is what kind of relationship this mother wants to have with her adult child. It is important that she understand that her adult child is an adult. He is living his own life and making his own decision. Maybe the real problem is a unwillingness to let go.

If I were to have a new long term relationship with a new man or a woman. I would want to present him or her to my parents. I wouldn't do this because it concerned my parents, or because they had anything to say about it. I would do this because my parents are part of my life and I want to share my important relationships with them. However, if I felt my parents were likely to be judgmental of my new relationship, for whatever reason, I might push them away. Who wants to deal with with a mother's criticism?

I don't know why you say you "would be concerned". Decisions your adult children make in their own lives don't concern you.

It would be quite sad if you are unable to accept your adult son for who he is, especially if this made it impossible for you to be a part of his life.
0 Replies

justinruch1180

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 06:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
Go ask him Be straightforward.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:37 pm
You should love your son, no matter what.

But...he's very disturbed.

Not because homosexuality is a sin or any such nonsense, but because he bouncing around life styles he thinks are acceptable vs what he wants.

Every bi-sexual I have ever known is a hedonist.

That's fine with me as long as they admit that their aim is pleasure.

There is no such thing as a bi-sexual gene. Such a claim is idiotic.

If your son wishes to pursue pleasure in all it's forms, that's up to him, except that eventually he will be asked to cross a meaningful line.

No hedoinst is content with sex with both sexes. They will be compelled to find new excitements: children, animals, cadavers, et al.

You can love your son without compromising your morality.

It all depends on what you consider to be the ultimate experience. If it's the convulsive wracking of an orgasm, search for ever new ways to get off.

Personally, I think he is probably a mindless, rutting brute, but if he is young, that is not so unexpected.

Young bulls can't help themselves, and today's society makes yesterday's perversions today's freedom.

Your son is, currently, a shallow hedonist but that doesn't mean he can't mature and repent. Love him throughout his noxious days, and you will, eventually, be rewarded.

Then again, you may end up visiting him in prison.
JPB

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
No hedoinst is content with sex with both sexes. They will be compelled to find new excitements: children, animals, cadavers, et al.

You're kidding, right?
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It's pretty early for you to be hitting the sauce, isn't it?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:43 pm
@JPB,
Not at all.

Do you know what a hedonist is?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:44 pm
@joefromchicago,
Not so early that you find it advisable to mine your rectum with your noggin.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Some truth and some {VERY BAD MISINFORMATION} in my opinion! If you have some empirical science to back up your claim please do so!
JPB

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Uh... yeah. Do you?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:48 pm
@JPB,
I think you don't unless you have been an addict of one sort or another.

Unless you have lived in the gutter, don't try and school those who have.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
Who really cares what you think?
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It has nothing to do with me! Please share your empirical evidence with others so that they do not find you to be a false prophet!
JPB

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
WHAT!?!?!?

Seeing as though you seem to have some specific definition in mind why don't you post a reference that includes it.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 08:58 pm
@JPB,
Clearly you don't.

You think it is cool to have no artificial sexual barriers, but there is nothing intellectual about sex.

It is sweaty, wonderful, bestial reflex.

Remember when you were a kid and you learned the facts of life?

If you were aroused by the news,your parents waited too long to tell you. The rest of us were disgusted,because we had no idea of the enorphin effect we could expect.

Sex is great, but there is nothing intellectual about it, and when people try to impose intellect on it, it is because they crave perversion.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 09:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
All prophets will be considered by some to be false.

I don't lay claim to prophecy, I lay claim to wisdom born of experience

If you have lived a Cleaver life of calm and contentment, I will piss you off if you perceive me to be a member of your enemy tribe.

And so many of you do.
JPB

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 09:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, I don't know what the hell you're smoking/drinking/injecting but you don't know me from Adam.

You've just told the mother of an adult son that her son is destined to bestiality because he didn't want to let her in his apartment and she assumed it was because of a new roommate.

Do you usually make quantum leaps in judgment about people you know nothing about?
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 09:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You are no enemy of mine and hope that you do not think that you are! I only see or should I say that I think, " just as I and all of my love ones can be wrong that you could also be wrong on this issue! What do you think????
maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 09:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Finn apparently has a very rich fantasy life.

Or, is it a fantasy life.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 09:13 pm
@JPB,
Nonsense.

She, not you, knows what the truth about her son might be.

She seems to be asking us to tell her that her son's hedonism is normal.

It's not.

What she thinks about it is up to her.

What are you smoking or drinking that you want us to believe that perversion is normal?

Being "normal" is not necessarily an ultimate goal, and in fact, I would suggest the goal is to be abnormal , but I've no tolerance for people who want us to accept abnormality for normalcy.

Someone whose mother wonders ifhe is gay or bisexual, may be an enlightened soul, but he is not "normal."
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 09:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yes I certainly could be... But I am not.